Tempests Monster Hunting Blog: COMPLETIONIST CAPE ACHIEVED

banner.png

Hi there, I'm Alex, 19, currently in my first year of University and living in Melbourne, Australia. I've been Scaping on and off since about May '05. Got serious about it in late '08 and have been accomplishing a fair bit since then. Mainly on Rs I like to PvM, and have since 2008. I used to be quite active on Tip It until the end of 2010 when I went on a seriously extended absence from Scape altogether. Obviously now PvM is a lot different due to the Evolution of Combat, but as a serious fan of PvM back in the day I honestly think that this was a really good update. I will of course miss the OldScape, but I like change so I am taking this in my stride. That's how I've made up most of my cash over the past couple of years, so I'm fairly decent at it now. This blog was originally made for my 99 Summoning progress back in 2009, then evolved into my general PvM blog, and now I guess it becomes my Blog to attaining the Completionist Cape.

~ ~ ~ . ~ ~ ~

Stats

Stats 26th August 2010 (Last time I actively updated blog before restarting)

revivalstats.png

Current Stats

Tempest_Alex.png

~ ~ ~ . ~ ~ ~

4Gg8W.png

~ ~ ~ . ~ ~ ~
11371.gifCompletionist Cape11371.gif

(Achieved October 3rd 2013)

- Achieve level 99 in all skills (Divination & Cooking)

- Achieve level 120 Dungeoneering

- All quests completed

- All tasks completed

- All spells unlocked from Livid Farm

- Bones to Peaches unlocked from Mage Training Arena

- Unlock Tune Bane Ore spell

- Unlock Rapid Renewal Prayer

- All Varrock museum Kudos earned

- Unlock use of The Abyss

- All music tracks unlocked

- Laid the Goblin High Priests to rest

- Completed the Fight Kiln

- Obtain Tarn's Diary

- Returned Clarence the Mage to rest

- Completed the Stronghold of Security

- Completed the Stronghold of Player safety

- Completed all unabridged Fremennik Sagas

- Hunted the Thalassus 10 times

- Killed the Queen Black Dragon for the first Dragonkin Journal

- Claim a reward from Claus the Chef

- Score 1,111 in one session of the Giant Chincompa game

- Complete all of Doric & Boric's tasks

- Complete the Player-owned Ports tutorial

- Unlock the enhanced Yaktwee stick

~ ~ ~ . ~ ~ ~

250px-Nex.png 250px-Vorago.png250px-Kalphite_King_%28Melee%29.png

Pvm Drops

So seeing as this is indeed a PVM Blog, I figured it might be sorta wise to have an archive of the drops I get over the course of this blog. Thats the first function this archive will fulfill. The second function will be to chronicle my progress towards a goal which is becoming more and more common; obtain all PVM drops. This is something I've always wanted to do, and after I finish up Comping this will become my primary objective. Its such a great goal in my opinion as it provides a lot of versatility, and you rarely find yourself bored. As part of this goal the bosses I will be including drops from are:

i. Vorago

ii. - Kalphite King

iii. - Nex

iv. - Corporeal Beast

v. - Queen Black Dragon

vi. - Commander Zilyana

vii. - General Graardor

viii. - K'ril Tsutsaroth

ix. - Kree'arra

x. - The Dagannoth Kings

You might notice that there are a few bosses missing on that list, primarily: Chaos Elemental, Kalphite Queen, Glacors & Tormented Demons. The reason I've left off the Elemental and Queen are that I can't really see it being worth my time, and I don't really enjoy them. Glacors, TDs and to a lesser extent, Automatons, I've left off for now because they're each more of a Pseudo-Boss. I'll be spending time at them over the course of this goal I'm sure, but they aren't a part of my primary goal. As far as items that will count for this, I'll stick to the normal 'rules'. That means that only drops that are FFA (splitting or keeping), and Lootshared will count. The only place I'll make the exception is Corp because doing anything other than CS Corp can be a 100m difference. As a side not on the archive side of this; the first time I get the drop to tick it off the 'goal list' that particular drops text in green will be linked to the picture of me receiving the drop. The numbers underneath will serve to show any duplicate drops of that item. This log will span over the main post of my blog and the proceeding one, the 'Big 3' will be on this post, with the rest on the latter.

Red denotes a drop I have yet to received, and bosses I have not yet received any drops from.
Orange denotes a boss I have received some drops from, but not yet all.
Green denotes a drop I have received, and bosses I have received all drops from.

Veng #3

Double Shield Chest

Double Shield Chest #2

Double Shield Chest #3

Missed summoning stone

Malev Kite #1

Drygore Mace

Drygore Rapier

Drygore Mace #2

OH Drygore Mace

Drygore Mace #3

OH Drygore Mace #2

Singularity #1

Wand #2

Singularity #2
Wand #3

Arma skirt #1

wand #4

Wand #5

Wand #6

Wand #7

Wand #8

i. Vorago

Ancient Summoning Stone | Seismic Wand | Seismic Singularity

Ancient_summoning_stone.png Seismic_wand.png Seismic_singularity.png

Wand #1

ii. Kalphite King

Drygore Longsword | Drygore Mace | Drygore Rapier | Off-hand Drygore Longsword | Off-hand Drygore Mace | Off-hand Drygore Rapier

13372.png13373.png13371.png13374.png13375.png13376.png

OH Rapier #1 OH Rapier #2

iii. Nex

Virtus Mask Virtus Robe Top | Virtus Robe Bottom | Virtus Gloves | Virtus Boots | Pernix Cowl | Pernix Body | Pernix Chaps | Pernix Gloves | Pernix Boots | Torva Full Helm | Torva Platebody Torva Platelegs | Torva Gloves | Torva Boots | Zaryte Bow | Virtus Wand | Virtus Book

10848.png10850.png10849.png12486.png12519.png10845.png10847.png10846.png12520.png12522.png10844.gif10842.gif10843.gif12518.png12517.png10841.gif12470.png13012.png

Virtus Boots #1

Pernix Chaps #1 Pernix Chaps #2

Pernix Boots #1

Torva Helm #1

Torva Gloves #1

Torva Boots #1

Virtus Wand #1

~ ~ ~ . ~ ~ ~

4sDIn.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pvm Drops Continued

iv. Corporeal Beast

Spectral Sigil | Arcane Sigil | Elysian Sigil | Divine Sigil | Holy Elixir

8018.gif8015.gif8017.gif8016.gif8014.gif

Spectral #1

Elixir #1 Elixir #2 Elixir #3

v. Queen Black Dragon

Royal Bolt Stabiliser | Royal Torsion Spring | Royal Sight | Royal Frame | Dragonbone Upgrade Kit | Dragon Kiteshield

12259.png12257.png12256.png12258.png12260.png12261.png

Dragonbone kit #1

vi. Commander Zilyana

Saradomin's Hiss | Saradomin's Murmur | Saradomin's Whisper | Armadyl Crossbow | Saradomin Sword | Saradomin Hilt

12785.png12784.png12783.png12787.png7094.gifSaradomin_hilt.png

Armadyl Crossbow #1

Sara Sword #1

vii. General Graardor

Bandos Helmet | Bandos Chestplate | Bandos Tassets | Bandos Gloves | Bandos Boots | Bandos Warshield | Bandos HIlt

12515.png7074.png7075.png12503.png7102.gif12802.png7111.png

viii. K'ril Tsutsaroth

Hood of Subjugation | Gown of Subjugation | Garb of Subjugation | Gloves of Subjugation | Boots of Subjugation | Ward of Subjugation | Steam Battlestaff | Zamorakian Spear | Zamorak Hilt

12777.png12778.png12779.png12780.png12781.png12782.png7117.png7095.png7113.png

ix. Kree'arra

Armadyl Helmet | Armadyl Chestplate | Armadyl Chainskirt | Armadyl Gloves | Armadyl Boots | Armadyl Buckler | Armadyl Hilt

7103.gif7104.gif7105.gif12498.png12800.png12516.pngArmadyl_hilt.png

x. The Dagannoth Kings

Dragon Hatchet | Archer's Ring | Seers' Ring | Warrior Ring | Berserker Ring | Mud Battlestaff | Seercull

4561.png4384.gif4383.gif4385.gif4386.gif4556.png4381.gif

Hatchet #1 Hatchet #2 Hatchet #3 Hatchet #4 Hatchet #5 Hatchet #6 Hatchet #7

Archer's #1 Archer's #2 Archer's #3

Seers #1 Seers #2
Warrior #1 Warrior #2 Warrior #3 Warrior #4 Warrior #5

Zerker #1 Zerker #2

Mud Bstaff #1 Mud Bstaff #2 Mud Bstaff #3

Seercull #1

4sDIn.png

Corp with Mike
Kills: 143

Elixirs: 3

Spirit Shields 2
Spectrals: 1

EDIT MAY 7TH 2013: Ok so this is just going to be the temporary home of some text/pictures, that I'll update the main blog with once i hit comp.

[hide]

Nex Armours:

Pernix Cowl: ~13m
10845.png

Pernix Body: ~ 26m
10847.png

Pernix Chaps: ~19m
10846.png

Pernix Gloves: ~9m

12520.png

Pernix Boots: ~9m
12522.png

Torva Plate body: ~81m
10842.gif

Torva Plate legs: ~51m
10843.gif

(~208m)

Other Armour:

Arcane Spirit Shield: ~20m
8010.gif

Elysian Spirit Shield: ~45m
8012.gif

Divine Spirit Shield: ~80m
8011.gif

(~145m)

Weapons:

Seismic Wand: ~2175m

Seismic_wand.png

Seismic Singularity: ~925m

Seismic_singularity.png

Ascension Crossbow: ~234m

Ascension_crossbow.png

Off-hand Ascension Crossbow: ~232m
Off-hand_Ascension_crossbow.png

Drygore Rapier: ~74m
13371.png

Off-hand Drygore Rapier: ~45m
13376.png

Drygore Mace: ~77m
13373.png

Off-hand Drygore Mace: ~31m
13375.png

(~3711m)

[/hide]

So thats the goal after Comp, will explain it more once it becomes my primary goal :D

November 14th 2010

I lied :thumbsup:. I said I was going to update this more often, but as you can see I really haven't stuck to that at all lol. While I haven't done that much since the last update I have accomplished a fair bit, yeah I don't know how that works either >.>. Basically after my last update I went back to TD's for a bit, got another set of claws and more ruined dragon, I think they're on like the latest post of mine at the end of the blog, and then after that because I had finally gotten an onyx ring I decided, hey why not lets get 300 MA rank. Bad idea imo. Due to being in a different time zone from more or less the rest of the world, yeah I know they're all unique shhh, it took a long time to find people to start games with at times. Still I managed to get 300 rank and end up with a hell of a lot of reward credits :D. So far I've imbued my onyx, archers and berserker ring. I'll also imbue a seers ring whenever I next get one as a drop from DK's.
Aside from MA I have honestly done nothing, oh wait I lied again. Because claws were crashing heaps and torstols were staying so high I decided to scrap my goal of 2.8k overloads for now. But hey worse things have happened. I did however buy as many torstols as my cash pile allowed me, which after selling two of my claws was 64m. Got me 1.3k torstols, that coupled with 11 Dragonkin lamps and 48 penguin points allowed me to finally get that level I've been wanting since December last year.
My Herblore level is 99.
Yeah beasting :) I have to say I'm quite happy with it as it's my first non combat 99, and it just so happens to be the most expensive one, or is prayer more expensive now? I don't know doesn't really bother me lol. Herb has been an interesting journey for me, from destroying my bank in January to get 93 to getting 93-95 all through effigy assisting, and now to have finished the last level for the small fee of 60m >.>. As far as my memory goes back from 60-99 herblore I have spent ~300m. Prayer cost me probably 185-190m in total, so this is by far the most expensive thing I have done.
Next up for me is to get an Arcane stream, won't take very long at all, but with exams all this week my playing time will be cut down a fair bit. After I get my stream I will just be spending the rest of the week at TD's, and then next weekend I'm off to Nepal for a month :D.
Thats all for now, been a long update but yeah this is probably the last one before I go, I'll be back soon ;)

99herb1.png

99herbabilities.png

99herbtab.png

^ My current Herb tab, I'm gonna have fun with those overloads :) ^

buying1300torstol.png

^ Gf cashpile :P ^

300marank.png

^Took a while, but well worth it ^

98 Herb

Effigy #25

November 4th 2010

Well this will be the first real update that I've done in quite a while :o. As you'll know all I have been doing for the fast two weeks or so now is soloing TD's. They haven't really been showing me much love in the form of drops, but that doesn't really bother me to much because I simply enjoy killing them. Chuck some void on, grab your chaotics hit up a steel titan and you're looking at 30-40 sec kills max, its pretty fun :D. Even though they haven't been dropping that greatly lately I have still managed to secure the first of four claws that I need for the torstols. However if torstols stay at around 48k I will seriously re-think my 2.8k overloads. In other new I have started to stock up on effigies, why you might ask? Well I don't really know :P. What I do know is that from 98-99 in any skill thats 26 dragonkin lamps, and of course any effigy stages that require the skill will lower that amount some what. Not really sure what skill I'll be using them on, if it turns out that I won't be making 2.8k overloads at this point in time then I guess they get to go on herb.
Another little thing that I've finally ticked off was getting an onyx ring. Because I don't bother with merchers and street prices it took me a while to get it, and in the end one of my best friends ended up selling it to me for a little over market price, thanks bud <3. Now that means that I need to get 300 MA rank, something I think I'll start on when my exams begin, as I've heard it doesn't require much concentration. I think that's about everything for now, I'll try to start updating a little more over the next two weeks, and then of course I'm off to Nepal for a month long trip, that should be interesting :).
See ya round

buyingonyxring.png
Why I like having cool friends :L

Solo Claws #7

Ruined Dragon Slice #1

Ruined Dragon Slice #2

Ruined Dragon Lump #3

Effigy #16
Effigy #17
Effigy #18
Effigy #19
Effigy #20
Effigy #21
Effigy #22
Effigy #23
Effigy #24

Yeah I got a few effigies :thumbup:

October 21st

Well I haven't updated this in a while but thats mainly due to the fact that I haven't really been on much and therefore haven't had time to accomplish much. Since my last update I have gotten my chaotic crossbow, and thats about all the memorable sort of stuff I've done lol. Now that everything is sort of slowing down again, until my exams >.>, I will have more time to scape and also hopefully knock off some claw drops. Because range pots were cheap, grenwall spikes were rising and I got bored of a 42m cash pile I bought the extreme range pots I needed the other day. So now all I need is the 2.8k Torstols, which I am not exactly looking forward to getting but hey, I do like TD's so it should work out. Not a huge update but hopefully the next one will be a littler better and a little sooner. From tomorrow onward's whenever I'm on RS I'll either be soloing or LS'ing TD's, wish me luck :)

28kexherbtab.png
My current herb tab, have to say the extremes look pretty nice :P

85dg.png
If I ever need extra cash :P

97 Herb

70 Runecraft

Buying chaotic crossbow

Archers Ring CS #3

Dragon Hatchet CS #4

Dragon Hatchet #9
Dragon Hatchet #10
Dragon Hatchet #11
Axe 11 was off supreme, first axe I have seen off him in over 750 kills of him o.o

Warrior Ring #1

Berserker Ring #2

Effigy #15

4sDIn.png

Back up

Pvm Drops

This section is just here in case something happens to the original post, it was a lot of work to put together so I don't want to do it again :D

So seeing as this is indeed a PVM Blog, I figured it might be sorta wise to have an archive of the drops I get over the course of this blog. Thats the first function this archive will fulfill. The second function will be to chronicle my progress towards a goal which is becoming more and more common; obtain all PVM drops. This is something I've always wanted to do, and after I finish up Comping this will become my primary objective. Its such a great goal in my opinion as it provides a lot of versatility, and you rarely find yourself bored. As part of this goal the bosses I will be including drops from are:

i. - Kalphite King

ii. - Nex

iii. - Corporeal Beast

iv. - Queen Black Dragon

v. - Commander Zilyana

vi. - General Graardor

vii. - K'ril Tsutsaroth

viii. - Kree'arra

ix. - The Dagannoth Kings

You might notice that there are a few bosses missing on that list, primarily: Chaos Elemental, Kalphite Queen, Glacors & Tormented Demons. The reason I've left off the Elemental and Queen are that I can't really see it being worth my time, and I don't really enjoy them. Glacors, TDs and to a lesser extent, Automatons, I've left off for now because they'rem ore of a Pseudo-Boss. I'll be spending time at them over the course of this goal I'm sure, but they aren't a part of my primary goal. As far as items that will count for this, I'll stick to the normal 'rules'. That means that only drops that are FFA (splitting or keeping), and Lootshared will count. The only place I'll make the exception is Corp because doing anything other than CS Corp can be a 100m difference. As a side not on the archive side of this; the first time I get the drop to tick it off the 'goal list' that particular drops text in green will be linked to the picture of me receiving the drop. The numbers underneath will serve to show any duplicate drops of that item.

Red denotes a drop I have yet to received, and bosses I have not yet received any drops from.

Orange denotes a boss I have received some drops from, but not yet all.

Green denotes a drop I have received, and bosses I have received all drops from.

i. Kalphite King

Drygore Longsword | Drygore Mace | Drygore Rapier | Off-hand Drygore Longsword | Off-hand Drygore Mace | Off-hand Drygore Rapier

13372.png13373.png13371.png13374.png13375.png13376.png

ii. Nex

Virtus Mask | Virtus Robe Top | Virtus Robe Bottom | Virtus Gloves | Virtus Boots | Pernix Cowl | Pernix Body | Pernix Chaps | Pernix Gloves | Pernix Boots | Torva Full Helm | Torva Platebody | Torva Platelegs | Torva Gloves | Torva Boots | Zaryte Bow | Virtus Wand | Virtus Book

10848.png10850.png10849.png12486.png12519.png10845.png10847.png10846.png12520.png12522.png10844.gif10842.gif10843.gif12518.png12517.png10841.gif12470.png13012.png

iii. Corporeal Beast

Spectral Sigil | Arcane Sigil | Elysian Sigil | Divine Sigil | Holy Elixir

8018.gif8015.gif8017.gif8016.gif8014.gif

iv. Queen Black Dragon

Royal Bolt Stabiliser | Royal Torsion Spring | Royal Sight | Royal Frame | Dragonbone Kit

12259.png12257.png12256.png12258.png12260.png

v. Commander Zilyana

Saradomin's Hiss | Saradomin's Murmur | Saradomin's Whisper | Armadyl Crossbow | Saradomin Sword | Saradomin Hilt

12785.png12784.png12783.png12787.png7094.gif7112.gif

vi. General Graardor

Bandos Helmet | Bandos Chestplate | Bandos Tassets | Bandos Gloves | Bandos Boots | Bandos Warshield | Bandos HIlt

12515.png7074.png7075.png12503.png7102.gif12802.png7111.png

vii. K'ril Tsutsaroth

Hood of Subjugation | Gown of Subjugation | Garb of Subjugation | Gloves of Subjugation | Boots of Subjugation | Ward of Subjugation | Steam Battlestaff | Zamorakian Spear | Zamorak Hilt

12777.png12778.png12779.png12780.png12781.png12782.png7117.png7095.png7113.png

viii. Kree'arra

Armadyl Helmet | Armadyl Chestplate | Armadyl Chainskirt | Armadyl Gloves | Armadyl Boots | Armadyl Buckler | Armadyl Hilt

7103.gif7104.gif7105.gif12498.png12800.png12516.png7110.gif

ix. The Dagannoth Kings

Dragon Hatchet | Archer's Ring | Seers' Ring | Warrior Ring | Berserker Ring | Mud Battlestaff | Seercull

4561.png4384.gif4383.gif4385.gif4386.gif4556.png4381.gif

4sDIn.png

Okay so i calculated that for 10k crimsons, barraging, would cost around 63m. Thats not gonna happen, I want 99 sum fast, but 63m really isn't worth 4 levels. So i think i might only barrage a few levels, maybe 4-5k crims.

Now on a bright note, me and mentalman100 (intervention on TIF) are having a race, me to 99 sum, him to 99 def and str, wish us luck :D

4sDIn.png

Umm finished Tale of the Muspah, got 32k sum exp from penguins, not all that much today apart from the 200 tasks in a row.

Get off school early tomorrow so i'll get more TD runs in, Claws tomorrow would save me a bit of time so thats what i'm hopping for. Currently need like 360 crims for 90 Sum, so after claws thats what i'm doing :)

4sDIn.png

Well after killing few more dwarf got bored, and cause I didn't want to do another quest I decided to head off to TD's early. Was completely fail, all in all i discovered that Crystal bows are better then Rune crossbows with broad bolts. Now just gonna cut wood to calm down lol.

4sDIn.png