Recommended Slayer Gear?

Danjen

I've heard people recommend using Guthan's set while doing slayer (if appropriate), because of the lifestealing bonus it gives, which means fewer trips to the bank for food and more time slaying. My current gear includes use of a slayer helm, rune defender, whip, and torag's body/legs (since it has slightly higher defence, if I recall).

I don't think I should trade the whip or black mask's huge power bonuses for some life drain, but that's why I'm asking you guys. Any idea?

You can simply bring full guthans, and wear your slayer helm with your whip + defender, then when you need to heal just swap out the helm and spear and heal back. You should never be using guthans full time.

Also if you have a bunyip you will need next to no food at all on almost all tasks.

randomkcopyq.png

For Slayer, you always want some method of restoring HP. There are 12 total ways to do so. They are:

----1. Bones to Peaches

----2. Saradomin Brews

----3. Saradomin Godsword

----4. Bunyip

----5. Food

----6. Rapid Heal

----7. Unicorn Stallion

----8. Guthans

----9. Better Armor

----10. Elemantal Titans

----11. Enhanced Excalibur

----12. Void Spinner

If you are the optimal player (unlocked Bunyips/Titans/Unicorns with an SGS/EE and always super setted for at least +10 levels), then Zarfot's guide will tell you the exact gear to bring on every Sumona/Duradel task.

If you are not, then you must experiment with the above 12 methods. Which combination will provide just enough healing?

I've heard people recommend using Guthan's set while doing slayer (if appropriate), because of the lifestealing bonus it gives, which means fewer trips to the bank for food and more time slaying. My current gear includes use of a slayer helm, rune defender, whip, and torag's body/legs (since it has slightly higher defence, if I recall).

I don't think I should trade the whip or black mask's huge power bonuses for some life drain, but that's why I'm asking you guys. Any idea?

Just use Guthans and swap in the helm/spear when you need the heal.

Even with a Bunyip bring em along. Sometimes tasks last longer than the Bunyip and it isn't worth summoning a second for 30 kills.

Helm - You should always use a slayer helm or black mask.

Neck - Fury or glory

Weapon - Whip or Saradomin Sword as standard. Leaf blade sword is handy for Turoth/Kursaks and also dragons (weak to stab). Saradomin Sword or Zammy Spear for Waterfiends.

Body - Guthans/Karils/Prostelyte dependant on monster. Those which attack with mage or mage based melee require Karils. If you are praying then Prostelyte

Shield - Rune Defender as standard. Dragons require an anti-drag shield. Don't waste cash on a DFS. Scarabites are easier with a Mind Shield from Elemental Workshop 2 quest.

Legs - Same as body

Gloves - Barrows gloves or best ones you can use.

Ring - Warrior ring if you have your whip out (increases slash attack) Berserker isn't worth the price tag. If you can stomach Mobilising Armies then you can enchant them.

Boots - Dragon or Bandos. As a rule dragon as standard and Bandos if you are praying.

Guthans helm and spear are a good healer as are Bunyips. Unicorns make a few tasks a little easier but are honestly not essential for slayer. Bones to peaches tabs if you can't be bothered to unlock yourself.

Always use a super attack and strength pot. If you get hit lots then a super def too. If you are praying then swap the super attack for a zammy brew. Zammy brews raise your attack and prayer at the expense of defence and hitpoints, both not important if you are praying. The boost to attack is 5% higher than the super attack.

Slayer rings make life easier too. Mainly getting tasks at lower levels if you can't survive on lunars. Karamaja gloves 3 are invaluable to high level slayers.

Summoning wise the fighters only really get good from the titans at 79. Learn when to use a healer and when to use a fighter. For example dust devils in the Chaos Tunnels can be owed with a fighter as you heal from the bones, yet I still see people there with a Bunyip. Attack an enemy to under 50% health then go to the next one leaving your familiar to finish it off. This way you get the loot if someone else attacks it. Carry on like that and you can commander the rooms.

A cannon speeds up Kalphites/Bloodveld/Daganoth and Scarabites. Also Abby Spectres but I suggest not using it there as collecting loot is a pain. It is an expense though, and therefore only really an option for the rich or the high level slayer who can make the cost back.

Slayer is a great money maker. You just need to remember it isn't a fixed profit. Somedays you will lose out in supply cost yet others you will make 3 mil.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Guthans is also recommended when slaying because people are expected to use combat familiars during tasks, thus increasing the combat xp rather than using a bunyip(for example) and not receiving any xp.I take guthans/sgs/combat familiar on all the tasks possible.Guthans/sgs provide healing while the combat familiar gives me some xp.

Guthans is also recommended when slaying because people are expected to use combat familiars during tasks, thus increasing the combat xp rather than using a bunyip(for example) and not receiving any xp.I take guthans/sgs/combat familiar on all the tasks possible.Guthans/sgs provide healing while the combat familiar gives me some xp.

I prefer to heal with food rather than switch to a much weaker weapon. I typically bring p'apple pizza, enhanced excalibur, and a combat familiar on my slayer tasks. This is most effective once you get a feel for how much food you should bring to optimize inventory space for drops without having to bank too soon.