"L"

Cpchris

I don't know if this is a rant, but it bugs me.

Now its "L".

For those who don't know, its the shorter version of "lol"...

I understood "lol" and why that was there, but does "lol" really need shortening? I mean, come on, the letters are right next to each other, they aren't even on opposite ends of the keyboard.

It seems like people are just finding a reason to make a new shorthand word. And tbh, its just pathetic.

People: YOU HAVE RESORTED TO A SINGLE LETTER. just leave it at "lol".

if you guys are really that desperate for a new shorthand thing, at least make a useful one.

tbh = to be honest: useful

im(h)o = in my (honest) opinion: useful

L = lol: stupid.

does anybody else feel my pain?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

i belive this cam from an emoticon on msn or something, which is annoying little laughing face. most people save it as ":L" as this is easy to do with the two buttons being next to each other on the keyboard... and trust me, i feel your pain more than anyone else. some people use it after every sentence on instant messenger, even when what they say isnt funny or isnt meant to be funny. it really grinds my gears when people do that.

worst still, is when people put lots in a row... :L:L:L:L:L:L meaning "lol"x6 for example.

it hurts my eyes to look at this

Guys, I know it's a slow week, but come on, can we at least come up with a more engaging discussion instead of, "I don't like how you're saying that word" -.-.

Now its "L".

I almost thought you were about to talk about Death Note :lol: .

menea_reuter.pnglinkresponsewb2.th.jpg

I never saw that before. Well, at least it's better than internet slang that actually makes the word longer, like "baby --> babii". But still, I do think "lol" is the more aesthetically pleasing version.

I never saw that before. Well, at least it's better than internet slang that actually makes the word longer, like "baby --> babii". But still, I do think "lol" is the more aesthetically pleasing version.

When was the last time you were at edgeville in w99? I guarantee you'll see it if you wait at least thirty minutes.

Though yeah, it does get to me when I'm in a bad mood. Most of the time I just tune it out though. I just silently judge them and move on with my business.

wl7w9j.png

L

I have lived my life to the best of my ability, but I have not been able to escape fate, anger, or pain.

Bring me the answers, and the road that leads to truth, reveal to me once and for all, how all of this will end.

Shadows cannot exist without the light. But without the shadows, the light has no meaning.

I understand your issue, but this is a forum for rants about runescape itself.

Topic locked.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]