Barrows Mini-game Guide issues

Mecakoto

Under "Introduction"

[hide=]Under "Brother's Abilities"

- Doesn't mention that the Brother's secondary abilities such as Ahrim's lowering strength still retain their effects through prayer, excluding Dharok and Guthan.

- Dharok's max is above 58. Sometime in the rather near future I'll get a picture for proof of this.

- Guthan's healing ability does in fact not work through prayer. This might have changed since it's been a while since I've used prayer against him, but when I did I never remembered him healing through prayer.[/hide]

Under "Getting There"

[hide=]The map is outdated, but that is of low priority.

- It can include the route from Ectofocus to Canifis.[/hide]

Under "Tunnels"

[hide=]The image says that the monsters are random. 7 Paragraphs below the image, it says the following: "There are skeletons residing in the North middle room, Crypt rats and Giant crypt rats in the West middle, Crypt spiders and Giant crypt spiders in East middle and Bloodworms in the South Middle." This is a bit contradicting and could confuse the reader.[/hide]

Under "Kill Count"

[hide=]I have talked with some of my friends that do Barrows and we have all found that it is possible to get Key Halves with 11 Kill Count and on and it is possible to get D Med Helms at 12 and on. Those figures are averages.[/hide]

Under "Prayer Drain"

[hide=]It says the following: "...These holograms will only show up in High detail or High definition." -Paragraph 3

Due to the graphical updates these faces will show up regardless of the detail level you choose.[/hide]

Under "Viable Methods"

[hide=]In General: Doesn't mention the Dharoking Method, a rare method that can get you through very quickly but is also exceedingly dangerous.

Under "Normal Magicks"

-Detail the Void Mace

-Consider re-working the cost-effective picture and Stat effective picture.

- The cost-effective picture features 200 Rune arrows. Overall, a Rune Crossbow and Broad Bolts would be better in terms of cost and wouldn't cut down on speed much.

- The stat-effective shows Wizard's Boots but features Infinity boots as the best boots.

- The Seer's Ring is left out and the top picture features the old graphic for an Amulet of Fury.

Under "Ancient Magicks"

- Could mention various other methods.

- Could use a cost-effective method version.

- Seer's Ring should be pictured and mentioned.

- Old Fury Graphic

- No Best > Worst

Under "Melee"

- The Veracing section doesn't mention using another weapon for it's special attack but shows it in the inventory.

- Could use a cost-efficient method for Godsword users.

- No Best > Worst.

- Old Fury Graphic

Under "Salamander"

- It says that the Salamander is "The best weapon to use at Barrows" but this is highly debatable and can lead to some difficulty later on.

- Could use a cost-effective version.

- Could mention that Red Salamanders work do work, but just not as well.

- No Best > Worst

- Old Fury Graphic

- The Boots

- The Ring[/hide]

Under "Rewards"

[hide=]"...He sells Bolt Racks for 50gp if the store is fully stocked." Para 1, Sentence 6

This is likely to have changed with the recent updates.

-Under "Ahrim the Blighted's set"

-It could mention that the staff has the added damage bonus.[/hide]

This is what I do when I'm bored...

I've always had issues with the Tip.it Barrows guide, but never voiced them because I thought it'd take to long to go through and present all the errors. Well, these are the major ones to me. I thank Lala for pushing me to finally making this. :D

If pictures are needed I'll be more then willing to make as many as I can. Also, if information needs to be redone I'm willing to do it. I've got more then enough experience at Barrows with all viable methods, up to and including camping there for 18+ hours, to write whatever is needed.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

Proud of who I am and what I am.

Thanks for all this. Just read over it all and I'll make changes soon although there are a few things that we need picture proof for.

-Dharoks max

-Guthan healing(Maybe a gif or something)

If anyone else is able to get either of these for proof, please feel free, you will be credited.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Well, the thing is, Guthan does not heal when you pray. No animation for it or anything. I'll have the Dh max as soon as my Slayer Task is done.

Edit: I failed to get Dh to hit higher then 56. Although I swear that I've been hit for more then 60 at some points, I am unable to prove it at this time. If I can find some proof I'll message it to you.

The challenge of a mistake is not to avoid it. The challenge of a mistake is dealing with the outcome.

bc8ebae3b0.png

I used to barrow quite often and am 95% sure that there was at the very least an animation for it. I'll try and get down there and check it out.

Oh and Watchwoord is going to take this over as he is a bit more experienced at Barrows than I am. He will be posting here soon.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

Thanks a lot for your input, I will put a lot of it in the guide soon. However, I won't include the dharocks method, nor will I include other methods. The problem is there are tons of methods for this minigame i.e. ranged method, guthans , salamander/ancient combo, entangle + normal magic, etc. etc. If we'd mention all viable methods, it'd make the guide way too big. I will add a note about possible other methods though.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

- Guthan's healing ability does in fact not work through prayer. This might have changed since it's been a while since I've used prayer against him, but when I did I never remembered him healing through prayer.

He did until recently.

It was announced in a recent update that they removed it.

The map is outdated, but that is of low priority.

- It can include the route from Ectofocus to Canifis.

Fairy Rings DSL and BKR are a high priority in my eyes as they are both faster then the mentioned methods.

The image says that the monsters are random. 7 Paragraphs below the image, it says the following: "There are skeletons residing in the North middle room, Crypt rats and Giant crypt rats in the West middle, Crypt spiders and Giant crypt spiders in East middle and Bloodworms in the South Middle." This is a bit contradicting and could confuse the reader.

They randomly spawn, but are found in the mentioned rooms all the time. IE they randomly spawn when you open the door, but skeletons spawn in the north middle room all the time (if you kill them in there they will respawn). Its hard to explain.

As for the setups they do need updating.

Other corrections

Mage Arena complete it to get the God Cape, absolutely necessary if you wish to use god spells.

You don't need the god cape to cast with void mace. I'm not sure its this is the same with the staffs, but I tested it not too long ago with the mace and it definitely let me cast without the cape.

Hope I helped.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Are you 100% sure?

I was using up some runes I had over so decided to use them with CoG at castle wars. I was using charge there without any issues, but that could have been due to the castle wars cape.

I'll have to test it tonight.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Just to verify you don't need a god cape to cast CoG with void mace or charge I just tested charge while wearing spotted cape without any god items at all or void mace and it works.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Wachtwoord is right. While you can cast any god spell and Charge without the cape, to gain the bonus damage that charge provides you must wear the cape of the corresponding god spell that you wish to cast.

bc8ebae3b0.png

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for taking so long. Only today (02-10), I started to really work on this (school + other stuff was killing me). As you both already mentioned, a rewrite would probably be best. So hopefully, I'll make some big changes. I'm not promising anything though and definitely don't expect too much for high levels. Our barrows guide is mostly used by low-medium levelled players who have never done any kind of monster hunting and trying this as their first step. I'll try to keep the guide towards them.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

• 3 months later...

another thing you could add is to use the prayer delay to partially avoid the drain.

if the prayer points reach 0, the prayer is still active for 2 or 3 seconds. This time is sufficient for drinking a prayer dose without the prayer deactivating.

this is useful as prayer points, obviously, cannot be drained further than zero. so, if you would get drained more prayer points than you have, you partially avoid the drain.

let's say, you have 4 ppoints and would get drained 12. but you have only 4, so you're saving 8 prayer points without any drawbacks.

only negative thing about this is that you may mess it up and let the prayer deactivate. this is especially bad at ahrim, as he will lower your strength, and dharok when he is red-barred. in that cases, I would rather not use that method.

• 2 months later...

if Wachtwoord hasn't gotten to it yet, I'd gladly work on rewriting it. as a level 92, i'm mid level, so gearing it toward low to mid level players would be easy!

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

• 1 month later...

Changes will be added. Thanks!