Current day barrow runs

Donkeykong23

My method:

Wear high defense armor (I use veracs for pray bonus), use slayer dart, only praying on dharok and karil. Bring d'hide & c-bow for ahrim, and melee wep for tunnel. Also bring 1 pray pot just in case you get a dharok or karil tunnel.

Some will swap out slayer dart for a salamander, though I think dart is a lot more effective.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

My method:

Wear high defense armor (I use veracs for pray bonus), use slayer dart, only praying on dharok and karil. Bring d'hide & c-bow for ahrim, and melee wep for tunnel. Also bring 1 pray pot just in case you get a dharok or karil tunnel.

Some will swap out slayer dart for a salamander, though I think dart is a lot more effective.

Just a question, why use verac's if your not praying against many of the brothers? The brasard has bad defence compared to other barrows platebodies, which would save you more money on food for the non-prayer bro's, than veracs brasard would for the prayer brothers.

Personally donkey, i think you would do well using the same method as me as you have fairly high melee levels.

I tank-verac the brothers. I've tried godswording with high off/str gear, and it is still miles behind veracs for speed of kills. The other reason i prefer tank-veracing is that it uses up almost no supplies. I usually spend a maximum of 20k on 4 chests. That inclused the pure set, and about 23 pineapple pizzas. I'll log in and screenshot my inventory/gear, and edit this post.

Edit:

[hide=Big Inv+Gear Pic]090907213259.png[/hide]

That gives me 4 chests per trip, usually with some pizzas left over.

The method is fairly simple. Drink 1 dose of the pure set at dharok's tomb. Pray melee protect+piety on the first dharok of the trip, then range pray and piety karil. Use any remaining prayer using piety and melee prot to take verac out as quick as possible taking as little damage as possible. He can still hit, but the prayer still reduces it a bit, and piety wipes him out quick. Tank torag and guthan, torag usually gets one or two hits, but nothing major. Then range ahrim last as he reduces your combat stats. Obviously you'l get one of them in the tunnels, but after killing them, don't bother healing over 85hp. Run out after you've collected your items from the chest, go back to dharok's hill, use excaliburs special, wait a second, then pot up and no pray dharok. He's a [kitty]cat once you get over the fear of him honestly. He probably hits me once in 5 kills, nothing bad. Torag usually does more damage overall to me than dharok. Just afespot him behind his coffin if he hits you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

My method:

Just a question, why use verac's if your not praying against many of the brothers? The brasard has bad defence compared to other barrows platebodies, which would save you more money on food for the non-prayer bro's, than veracs brasard would for the prayer brothers.

More bonus = more pray points left over, so I usually have enough to pray against ahrim too, who can sometimes get in some lucky high hits.

I rarely get hit by the other brothers so the extra defense isn't too necessary for me (Usually I only use 0-3 sharks between killing torag, guth, and verac.)

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

I think I'd rather pray on dharok. :P

You better pray at dharok or you'll probably end up dead :P

[hide=Accomplishments]65 Fishing (Swordfish gloves) - July 29, 2009

Rune Defender - August 15, 2009

My Dream Armor(P2P) - August 18, 2009

Slayer Helmet - September 19, 2009

75 Attack (Ability to Wield GS) - October 17, 2009

100 posts in Tip.It Forum - October 25, 2009

80 Strength - December 12, 2009[/hide]

[hide=F2P/P2P Stats and Goals]Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png

Kll0neT1me.png[/hide]

"They say that nobody is perfect. Then they tell you practice makes perfect. I wish they can make up their minds."

-Wilt Chamberlain

My method:

Personally donkey, i think you would do well using the same method as me as you have fairly high melee levels.

I tank-verac the brothers. I've tried godswording with high off/str gear, and it is still miles behind veracs for speed of kills. The other reason i prefer tank-veracing is that it uses up almost no supplies. I usually spend a maximum of 20k on 4 chests. That inclused the pure set, and about 23 pineapple pizzas. I'll log in and screenshot my inventory/gear, and edit this post.

Edit:

[hide=Big Inv+Gear Pic]090907213259.png[/hide]

That gives me 4 chests per trip, usually with some pizzas left over.

The method is fairly simple. Drink 1 dose of the pure set at dharok's tomb. Pray melee protect+piety on the first dharok of the trip, then range pray and piety karil. Use any remaining prayer using piety and melee prot to take verac out as quick as possible taking as little damage as possible. He can still hit, but the prayer still reduces it a bit, and piety wipes him out quick. Tank torag and guthan, torag usually gets one or two hits, but nothing major. Then range ahrim last as he reduces your combat stats. Obviously you'l get one of them in the tunnels, but after killing them, don't bother healing over 85hp. Run out after you've collected your items from the chest, go back to dharok's hill, use excaliburs special, wait a second, then pot up and no pray dharok. He's a [kitty] once you get over the fear of him honestly. He probably hits me once in 5 kills, nothing bad. Torag usually does more damage overall to me than dharok. Just afespot him behind his coffin if he hits you.

You use Verac's brassard because if has little or no negative mage attack bonus. If you are wearing full Verac's and zammy book, then you should have a positive magic bonus.

Most cost effective is void + GS. It costs me just a super set, 1 prayer potion and a little bit of food. The rest is pure profit, not runes, no ammo and no degrading.

Any speed you lose on kill time is made up with the faster kill count and faster ahrim/karil kills.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Most cost effective is void + GS. It costs me just a super set, 1 prayer potion and a little bit of food. The rest is pure profit, not runes, no ammo and no degrading.

Any speed you lose on kill time is made up with the faster kill count and faster ahrim/karil kills.

I tried that, but the kills were much slower, and i took much more damage than with verac's.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^