Passing Lvl 99

Uncut_Angel

I think that its about time that the lvl 99 lvl cap is removed.

it is just way to easy now with whips and everything to max out on combat skills...

i think even if it was to 120 as max lvl it would require 100m exp

but who cares it isnt spose to be easy to max, its spose to be a challenge and there are alot of people that are at all 99s now and miss training :(

oh well post what u think

Personally theres alot more to runescape then just leveling up.... I know i do have a high total for my level but still. My combat skills are low and i plan on getting them ujp over time. Right now i only have one 99 skill and thats fletching.... I like to do a lot more on rs than level. I love to hang out with my friends on it. Ive meet some pretty cool people, and i think of them as friends. I really wouldnt care if they got uped due that i would still aspire*sp* to get max some day.

Thanks,

Ian

lambosig1.png

I remember someone posting that jagex said the whole system was 2 digit based, and to redo it and make it 3 digits would require an entire database wipe, which obviously isn't gonna happen. Hoever, I was thinking about this, and I think they could somehow avoid an exp wipe by maybe somehow storing all the accounts with an exp based system, with no levels. I think jagex could create the new system, and kinda reverse what they did before and convert the exp system to the new 3 digit system. Just a though I had

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

yea thats not bad, mabey one day they can do it store all our files and transfer em over to the new rs because its just pointless now its so easy to get all 99s and i miss training 100m exp would be awsome cause i would have goals again

Its one thing to have a target like 99 in a stat with 13m xp. On average, one can get it in a couple of years. Note I am not talking about those who level like crazy in 2 weeks to lvl 85.

Maxing of stats is usually a goal that many people have and knowing that they can achieve it is an important aspect of the game.

If the max stat requires 100m xp as you want it, then it would be practically impossible for any sane person to max their stats. I certainly wouldnt want to play this game for another 50 years to max out a stat.

If you have maxed out one stat and want to train more, try training another stat. Its not as if there are a lot of all 99ers out there.

sig5qf.gif

# 1101 to 99 range on 12-18-05

85 slayer on 12-18-05 with combat at 102;

retired from members since Feb 06.

Back since June 07. 2000+ total.

i was thinking about that and why people thought comps would crash at Y2K because most comps used 2 digits to tell the date instead of 3 so it would read '00', maybe that what jagex did instead with the levels so if anyone got to level 100 it would all be whiped

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned. 

I don't think there are enough players with levels at 99 to make this necessary. Someday maybe, not now.

lpinkus

i think there is plenty wilderness is no fun no more cause everyone is all 99s really takes the fun out of training cause noone is better then anyone anymore, i first started play rs when i saw a 110+ i was scared but now noone cares cause everyone is that lvl

It does seem much easier than before but instead of making skills past 99 they never should of made it easy in the first place, i'm mainly talking about combat skills however all skills have been made easier.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Each new update added to the game provides new and different ways to gain experience in skills. If a way was found to increase the max level above 99, then I think there should also be corresponding benchmarks in the various skills to make the effort worthwhile (other than just having a higher combat level than everyone else).

Examples include (but aren't limited to) - new kinds of trees to cut and fletch, new ore to mine and smith, new gems to craft, etc.

Personally, I prefer coming up with new skill ideas. This means the experienced people have to start at the same level as everyone else. Carpentry is supposedly on the way, and I have ideas for a couple other skills that I think are worth pursuing and discussing (If I would just spend the time to type them up and present them... lol)

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

And how would the xp and rewards for raising your abilities work? Just muliply it by ten? That would only make a nine level difference. And what about people who are proud that they are maxed out in a level? Should they have to completely turn around and work for another nine levels? I think not, and the idea of raising the level cap is generally old.

-Peace Out-

Live and Learn.

It does seem much easier than before but instead of making skills past 99 they never should of made it easy in the first place, i'm mainly talking about combat skills however all skills have been made easier.

yes yes i agree but they have made it easier and something does need to be done, its just crazzy now y dont we just start with all 99s now

yes yes i agree but they have made it easier and something does need to be done, its just crazzy now y dont we just start with all 99s now

Start with 99s? I'm not sure if you meant to say that. I'm not a PKer, so I haven't seen it first hand, but I am pretty confident there are not *that* many players will all 99 att/def/str/hp around. If really it needs to be adjusted, JAGeX will do it.

lpinkus

If i remember correctly i think i remember jagex saying that making the lvl 99 go past it, i.e. 100-101+, well all our stats and stat information would have to be removed as the whole coding system is based around the lvl 99. PLus 100's new items would be needed, i.e. new smithing? what is there more to smith, minning?, firemaking, well maybe somesort of dragonbone tree :wink: only one person has full 99's, it will just take the point of the game away for many. People's goals and achievements would be worthless, the game would be larger for no reason...Plus few people have i.e. 20m-100m+xp in one skill, this would just be a quick way for them to cash up :wink:

this game is long enough as it is....... i agree it is unjust to make skillz easier but to say its easy to finish combat training seems a bit farfetched.

U need 39 mill exp for melee and another 39mill for range mage and prayer......so we are talking about 78 mill exp not even counting hits.

By averaging 50k per hour....which is kinda generous due to the fact that u start out flat broke and with lvl1 at every single skill.....u are looking at 1560 hours of nothing but training. If u play 5 hours a day......and 5 hours per day aint no little amount.....it takes a year of training and nothing but training....

Tht seems a lot to me.........but everyone has his her own criteria.....

A rasie in the level cap is fine by me (although I doubt I'll ever reach the current cap, even if I come out of retirement on schedual).

I dn't think the game is based strickly on a 2 didget stat system. The reason I say this is because if your character has at least 95hp and you drink some Gunthix rest tea the game physics regognize that you have over 100hp (you can be hit for 100) I think that although some recodeing would be nessesary it would be possible to do.

I remember someone posting that jagex said the whole system was 2 digit based, and to redo it and make it 3 digits would require an entire database wipe, which obviously isn't gonna happen. Hoever, I was thinking about this, and I think they could somehow avoid an exp wipe by maybe somehow storing all the accounts with an exp based system, with no levels. I think jagex could create the new system, and kinda reverse what they did before and convert the exp system to the new 3 digit system. Just a though I had

~Bepo

nah nah thats wrong

screenie02319ei.png

Very good idea.

Changing the cap would make the game more interesting and alot more fun to get levels instead of just training for xp..

Im currently getting about 25m defence xp and it would be alot funnier if i actually gained levels for it..

If you people gonna say that i should level other skills, I dont enjoy levelling other skills as much as combat so thats why im not doing it.

do u have 99 in a combat stat? if not then why post something that doesnt affect you. And if u do have 99 in all combat trianing stats, then pk :lol: . and its not going to happen anytime soon.

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

• 2 weeks later...