Full Drops in PVP: Impossible?

De_Lille_D

Well, how about rewards one can get by trading in pvp points? It obviously fixes the money problem. And of course, there's always the "insanely powerful high level armor only available by trading in pvp points" option.

Why get extra rewards? You get everything your opponent was wearing.

Not making it about WoW, kid. It's helpful to draw from other sources, don'tcha know?

And yes, in WoW, on PvP servers you can attack anyone of the enemy faction, except in specific safe places.

RS and Wow are intrinsically different, outside of the MMORPG genre. Lets not bring it into any RS related discussion, as it doesn't matter what WoW does.

Well thought out idea, but impractical.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

the way you said that, to me seems like you're trying to turn Runescape more into a Private Server

Why do you say that and how would you change it, while still keeping it RWTing-free?

Also, isn't pk with full drops the main reason people go to private servers?

• 1 month later...

I can see that it's well though out(or copied), but I see many issues in this. First of all, the community rejection. Many players who are already sick of the constant pkin changes will suddenly get introduced to a new and complicated system. The RS forums would be spammed with rants all with the same title, 0MGZ WTF 1S WID |>V|>??!?!? Like last time, many players would quit. Second, the altered GE would cause the prices of major items to crash, then suddenly skyrocket because of the uncertainty in the new system. Third, the pk points would add to the confusion along with the not being able to be bank items. My last point being, it isn't RWT proof. This suggestion well thought out, but it's too complicated for most players to understand.

Also, I can see this creating numerous amounts of glitches/bugs :ohnoes:

My signature got deleted :(

And I lost all the links. Thanks Gandorf61.

I can see that it's well though out(or copied), but I see many issues in this. First of all, the community rejection. Many players who are already sick of the constant pkin changes will suddenly get introduced to a new and complicated system. The RS forums would be spammed with rants all with the same title, 0MGZ WTF 1S WID |>V|>??!?!? Like last time, many players would quit. Second, the altered GE would cause the prices of major items to crash, then suddenly skyrocket because of the uncertainty in the new system. Third, the pk points would add to the confusion along with the not being able to be bank items. My last point being, it isn't RWT proof. This suggestion well thought out, but it's too complicated for most players to understand.

Also, I can see this creating numerous amounts of glitches/bugs :ohnoes:

People quitting - I doubt they'll quit if you tell them they can get full drops again. Half the posts on Pvp Suggestions forum are about this...

GE changes - Sure, the normal RS economy would be altered because of the PK removal, but it'll survive. Remember the period between WIldy removal and first BH and the period between removal of 1st BH and PvP worlds? The economy had to cope with the removal of wild before, so I don't think that would pose a problem.

Pk Points - Yeah, I thought it over again and people would just sell their Pk Points instead of their cash... RWting is the selling of something permanent ingame for real money. So even if banks would be reset every so often, people would sell Pk Points.

Bugs - There are always bugs, you can't dismiss a suggestion based on that.

I'm going to have to review the Pk Points thingy, but not now; my exams start January 4th ...

I'm not dismissing the suggestion, though it might just cause another world 111 glitch. :wall:

R.I.P Durial

The update would only involve specific worlds. The same could be said when Pvp worlds were introduced.

Also, the Falador Massacre was caused by a Construction update: if you update something, you are going to test to find bugs you can kinda predict, therefore it's less likely that something like that happens again because of a PvP update. At the launch of Construction, they had enough bugs to worry about and missed the bug that was caused by only a small part of the update. I don't think Jagex would want to let the same bug through twice.