Hey Hey! Racist Red Faces?

jemathonical

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn't racist, the skit is not about them being black - The face paint was just part of the costume. Nobody would understand what was going on if they didn't have proper costumes. The morons suggesting that this is racist single out the Jackson 5 for being black, YOU'RE the racist.

Exactly that's the way I see it. The fact that they can see something racist about it means they thought of something to make it racist, meaning they are the ones thinking the racist thoughts (hard to explain what I mean but I think I made my point).

Next thing you'll know it'll be racist to wear a beret and talk in a french accent...

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

I understand why its unfair in the literal sense that you can't make a college fund for whites. But the reasoning behind why funds go to underprivileged hispanic or black students is because... they're underprivileged. If population A has better schools, supplies, teachers, and campus safety than population B, wouldn't some funds be better of in population B? And its not even like its given randomly. The college funds are for students who come from poor homes who made it through the crap that they live through but wouldn't have enough money to make it out anyways.

So you say some poor white students could benefit from those funds too? Yea, but as a majority whole, white students are helluva better off.

But that reasoning is reliant on (false) assumptions. Not all blacks/hispanics are underprivileged. Not all white families have money coming out the [wagon]. Assuming population A is made up of whites and population B is made up of blacks is just as racist as telling a black guy to go home to his purple drank and watermelons. I agree people should be given funds for college if they're underprivileged, but assuming that because someone is black, they're underprivileged, is wrong. As is the idea behind foundations like the United Negro College Fund.