FlashForward

Nom

Anyone watching this?

I thought the Pilot was a bit lacking and rushed, but it has definitely picked up in the two episodes since. The concept is just so interesting and there is so much they can do with it. I'm a bit disappointed that we have a typical FBI/doctor/general superpeople cast (minus a few exceptions) but it's working out pretty well.

Have to say that tonight's episode was great. Some acting issues, but on the whole the best one yet. They've all had some great endings. I don't want to post anything specific about the episodes when I have no idea who I may spoil. So post!

p2gq.jpg

Right, I kinda figured that people would have seen some of the impressive advertising, but yeah.

Basically the entire world blacks out for two minutes and seventeen seconds. As you can imagine it causes global disaster--planes down, massive car crashes, etc. But each person who blacked out also saw a glimpse of their own future, April 29, 2010. About half the main cast consists of those who are investigating the event, trying to find out how and why it happened, if it will happen again. The others (so far) tend to be more average people who saw something significant in their futures.

p2gq.jpg

Sounds pretty cool, really a different idea.

I might watch an episode or two to see if I like it.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

This is my new favorite show :P (actually it's the only show I watch)

I love the concept of the show and the suspense. However, I missed about 10 minutes of this episode because where I live, my county was in a tornado warning, and so my local news station went to talking about the weather and the radar during the show :thumbdown:

*Spoiler* (I guess?)

[hide]I missed the part where they were in Germany interrogating the man (I dont remember his name.. never caught it really.) Anyway, so I missed what happened in his flashforward and the surrounding parts of that part of the show[/hide]

I agree with you about episodes. This new one and last week's were superb. The endings are so suspenseful. They give me chills.

*Spoiler*

[hide]The end of this new episode was really intriguing with the crows and how there was already a blackout. Was there something in the sky, though, when that boy looked up near all those dead crows? I couldn't tell :/ but it seemed like a giant cloud or something...[/hide]

1icyna.png

Haven't seen tonight's episode, but the other two weren't bad! I'll watch tonight's episode later tomorrow.

The episodes are a little slow and drawn out, though, and the main pull seems to be the cliffhanger endings. I can't really see it as the next Lost...

I have a feeling this show is become the next Lost. Haven't watch it yet but the concept is interesting.

Didn't people say the same about Heroes? :razz:

Regarding the end of the last episode:

There was definitely something funky going on with the clouds behind that tower thing. Looked sort of like a mushroom cloud, I thought.

p2gq.jpg

I have a feeling this show is become the next Lost. Haven't watch it yet but the concept is interesting.

There was definitely something funky going on with the clouds behind that tower thing. Looked sort of like a mushroom cloud, I thought.

Alright. That's what I thought, but I was just making sure I wasn't going crazy and seeing things. Hmm...:-k

1icyna.png

Maybe but the concept of Heroes is a lot different. I see FlashForward as being the new Lost because this is Lost last season and has been one of ABCs top shows, it would be illogical of them to not try and create another show like it for all the Lost fans to have a reason to continue to watch ABCs programing. The a very general concept of Lost is to discover the mysteries of the island. My own concept of FlashForward is to discover the mysteries of the flash forward.

tFtfA.jpg

I liked the pilot. I'll make sure my Tivo starts recording this. When I have time I'll catch myself up on the other 2 episodes.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I've been trying to wrap my head around the whole idea of the "flash forwards" ...

You aren't just seeing six months from now. You're seeing yourself six months after seeing yourself six months from now. Confusing as hell, eh?

In the last episode...

Did the boy see bodies on the ground, or just crows?

It looked like a tower with a bubble around it, quickly expanding.

EDIT:

The bird that hit the window in somebody's flash forward... was it a crow?

The kangaroo in the first episode... what the hell was that about?

[hide]If there was a big tower to make a town blackout, then I wonder what caused the global blackout? Possibly a satellite?[/hide]

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Give them a few episodes to get back to EP3's cliffhanger. Considering we just now saw more of the terrorist woman and the babysitter from the Pilot, I'd say there is a trend of not immediately following up on things.

Which I hope isn't true this time because DOMINIC showed up!

I'm also finding myself a bit bemused by the relationships in this show . . . Who knew the Nicole would be hanging out with Aaron Stark? Just who is that guy anyway, just a family friend or what? Maybe I missed something.

p2gq.jpg

Wow. This new episode was... strange. Probably my least favorite episode, I was confused for most of the part. It was somewhat boring for most of the whole episode, I thought....

[hide]What was with Janis? That was weird with her "coming out." And now, she died? Wait what?![/hide]

1icyna.png

Yeah I really didn't like this episode. Pretty much every scene just came out of left field. I really had no idea why they were suddenly in DC when it started =\

I hate to compare things to Lost because it's really not fair (plus I'm a huge fanboy) but that show has it right. Focus on one character. This episode had pretty major bits of story for three characters, and none of them were served justice.

Whoever chooses the music for this show is a complete idiot. I've been struck almost every episode how out-of-place the music seems, but I've NEVER seen something so glaringly inappropriate as what they chose for the end. Seriously. It was bad. And stop insulting the viewers' intelligence by re-showing the FFs so much. We KNOW she's dying and we KNOW it's contrary to what she saw, no need to chop the scene to pieces by inserting the entire freaking vision again! Same thing with Pen--Olivia's FF. We know she saw Lloyd, stop replaying it every time they bump into each other.

I want to like this show but it's starting to piss me off.

p2gq.jpg

I completely agree with you about them keep showing the flash forwards. It was starting to bug me in the past episodes too. We've seen each flash forward so many times that it's starting to get dull. Sometimes it feels like they are trying to place us in their shoes and think how they think. So, Olivia seeing Lloyd, her flash forward is probably one of the first things she thinks about. But it's becoming a chore seeing the same thing with her looking over the rail at him every time <_< Oh well.

Hopefully next episode gets better. From the preview at the end of this episode, it seemed pretty decent. I hope FlashForward doesn't turn like a show like "Lost" for me. I see that you like Lost a lot, and I did too. But for some reason, I just completely lost interest during the second season, and i dont even know why. I was so psyched for this show (like I used to be for Lost), but my interest is beginning to fade. Of course, there's only been a few shows so far...

1icyna.png

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody still watching this?

Just seen the Halloween episode, and it's set things rolling fairly well.

I'm still not sure what the whole kangaroo thing is.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm still watching, and probably will until the end of the season, for better or worse. Fortunately I thought the last episode was pretty good. The kangaroo sighting was very nicely done. "That is the best Halloween costume I've ever seen!"

Yet they STILL insist on replaying the visions. Ugh. I was ecstatic when the scene where Lloyd walks into the Benfords' house cut to a commercial without showing a single one, then it came back and BAM. MORE FRICKEN HAIRY CHESTED LLOYD ON THE BENFORDS' COUCH. Christ people, we get it. Anyone who's been watching this long will understand instantly that when Lloyd looks around at the living room, he's recognizing it. The show does lack in the acting department, but that doesn't exactly require an ace to pull off.

Don't be put off by my ranting, I still thought the episode was pretty good.

p2gq.jpg

I'm still watching, and probably will until the end of the season, for better or worse. Fortunately I thought the last episode was pretty good. The kangaroo sighting was very nicely done. "That is the best Halloween costume I've ever seen!"

Yet they STILL insist on replaying the visions. Ugh. I was ecstatic when the scene where Lloyd walks into the Benfords' house cut to a commercial without showing a single one, then it came back and BAM. MORE FRICKEN HAIRY CHESTED LLOYD ON THE BENFORDS' COUCH. Christ people, we get it. Anyone who's been watching this long will understand instantly that when Lloyd looks around at the living room, he's recognizing it. The show does lack in the acting department, but that doesn't exactly require an ace to pull off.

Don't be put off by my ranting, I still thought the episode was pretty good.

I'm going to have to agree with you here. I can only think of one reason why they would keep showing the flash forwards... They want your average Joe to be able to jump in at any time during the season/episode and get a general understanding of what's going on. I don't know about you, but if I have no idea what's going on, I ain't going to keep watching it. I'm sure it helps grab some more viewers.

I'm loving this show far. It really reminds me of Lost...which is also awesome.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

That last episode really has moved things along.

Proof they can change their future, but then that guys daughter is alive.

I kept thinking that agent was going to land on the woman when he jumped off, but he didn't Is he still alive or has he really changed things?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I really don't think you can survive a fall from that high. I'm surprised they bothered with a gurney. A trash bag would have been more practical.

I agree, the last episode was good on the whole. The infiltration team was unbelievably obvious though.

p2gq.jpg