Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Gaming Computer Desk

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Davidd
I am looking for a computer desk/gaming desk.I am looking for something that will hold 3 monitors and has a place for a keyboard and mouse. My budget is 300-500 for a desk max.

I am thinking of something like this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Foooman
[ Display Name History ]

Foooman

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
Why don't you just buy that desk? It's in your budget after shipping.
http://www.roccafortesales.com/

My favorite desk though is the Ikea Jerker. It's damn near impossible to find now though because it is discontinued. It has all the desk space you could possible ask for with more shelves and attachments than you can think of.
http://img26.imagesh.../p1010020ov.jpg

If you're handy you could build your own desk and get exactly what you are looking for.
Posted Image

Deathmath
[ Display Name History ]

Deathmath

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,608 posts
Was just at IKEA the other day. Can't remember the name but they have something JUST like the jerker.

OT: GET A CINNAMON ROLL, THEY WERE THE BEST I'VE EVER HAD </caps>
Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

____
[ Display Name History ]

____

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 10,000 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

If you're handy you could build your own desk and get exactly what you are looking for.

I almost did that before I found a desk that did exactly what I needed to do for $100 + chair (second hand). Just gotta figure out how much stuff you want on said desk and how you want it arranged. Once you know that, find the desk to suit. If you can't, find the closest match.

3-monitors + keyboard + mouse = almost any standard office desk. But do you want draws, keyboard/mouse tray or anything like that? what about raised monitors?

RSBDavid
[ Display Name History ]

RSBDavid

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,113 posts
  • RSN:Davidd

I almost did that before I found a desk that did exactly what I needed to do for $100 + chair (second hand). Just gotta figure out how much stuff you want on said desk and how you want it arranged. Once you know that, find the desk to suit. If you can't, find the closest match.

3-monitors + keyboard + mouse = almost any standard office desk. But do you want draws, keyboard/mouse tray or anything like that? what about raised monitors?

I would like a tray that can roll in to hide the mouse/keyboard when I am not at my computer. I was looking into building my own desk, but I do not think I could build osmething to my specifications. I am not any good with woodcraft.

Posted Image

[Software Engineer] - [Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RSN:joe da studd
I would go into a few stores and try a few designs (sit at them and toy with the layout).

I always said I would want a slide out mouse/keyboard shelf, but after using a few at work there more annoying then anything if your using them day in day out.
Drops
Stats

depresins
[ Display Name History ]

depresins

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:SoLawny
  • Clan:The Eclipse Project
haha, I have that desk :) I got it for $550 AUD, and I'm seeing now it's selling for $250 USD, pretty cheap! It's pretty sweet.

Then my roomate wanted one, so we built a similar one for about $200AUD. Took as about 10 hours works, obviously not including the time coats take to dry.

Incogneto
[ Display Name History ]

Incogneto

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 9 posts
Woah.
I really did not know there was such a thing. Seriously, that desk is awesome.
I have no ideas to be honest, but I wish you the best of luck.

I would go with that desk though, if it is within your budget.

Posted Image

Parsa
[ Display Name History ]

Parsa

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
My desk is very hard to use, i think my desk is a good 20 years old too, keep thinking it will break and my computer will crash through...

depresins
[ Display Name History ]

depresins

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts
Don't buy it. It looks good, but it really isn't comfortable or practical to play games leaving everything set up. With basic woodworking skills you can make something even better for half the price.

Pinkbullet3
[ Display Name History ]

Pinkbullet3

Bite Me!

• Members
  • 3,878 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
The position of that mouse in the OP picture looks like it's in the most uncomfortable position. Look how it is relative to the keyboard and the chair.

:mellow:
Posted Image
^ Blog.

Posted Image

depresins
[ Display Name History ]

depresins

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 383 posts

The position of that mouse in the OP picture looks like it's in the most uncomfortable position. Look how it is relative to the keyboard and the chair.

:mellow:

Exactly. It's a sweet desk, don't get me wrong, but you cant keep all that [cabbage] on there at once

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users