Star cannon

Nenga

Well with the dawn of the new Funorb forum I thought I would post about one of my favorite Funorb games, Star cannon. It's your basic Raiden game. It has four levels and honestly I have yet to beat it on medium. Usually that frustrates me on many games but it just seems to draw me back to try again.

Anyway, questions:

Favorite gun?

usual order of powerups?

most useful powerup?

highest score?

Highest game mode beaten on?

most hated enemy?

Most hated boss?

[hide=My answers:]

My favorite gun would be the helix laser (green one)

I usually take the starting engine upgrade and then upgrade going back guns, side guns, engine, shield.

My most useful powerup would be the extra guns. They are really important for using the Helix laser.

My highest score was 500k getting to the 3rd boss on medium.

I kinda stink at the game i've only beat it on easy.

The most hated enemy for me would be the sweeper enemies (aka purple death shooters)

the most hated boss for me would be the second one, so annoying.[/hide]

Feel free to discuss the other shooters here as well. Sol-knight and Steller Shard would qualify as shooters also (atleast they do to Jagex).

I used to like Starcannon, however, either it's my memory playing tricks on me, my computer, my skill, or jagex nerfing Starcannon, but now I do suck :( .

Anyways...

Favorite gun? Pulse. Hits anything, anywhere.

usual order of powerups? Shields first. I swear though that Jagex slowed down the space ship, making the thrust power ups more useful, so I started collecting those.

most useful powerup? Shield. I can't survive for 3 seconds till my shields recharge.

highest score? 600k on Hard?

Highest game mode beaten on? I am a free player, but highest game mode is Medium.

most hated enemy? Interceptors are I think the name of them? The ones that send out a huge wave of bullets to one side of the map on Hard.

Most hated boss? 2nd, just because it always tries to ram you when you fight it, and the fight goes by fast.

22031_s.gif

I really like the pulse because it just hits everywhere. It gives you the freedom you need to concentrate on dodging.

I don't know how you can stand the helix. It fires so slowly...

The pulse is probably the slowest firing gun actually. I like the concentration point. The Helix can curve to hit the enemies I don't directly target, but also can focus in on one point. I hate the pulse when you get to level 3 or something. It becomes really hard for me to tell between my shots and the enemies with so many on the screen.

Btw, does anybody know if Jagex nerfed starcannon withing the past year/ year and a half.

I still don't know why everything feels so sluggish, and I sure don't want it to be my computer...

All funorb games have been going slow for me lately. I think it's them.

Btw, does anybody know if Jagex nerfed starcannon withing the past year/ year and a half.

I still don't know why everything feels so sluggish, and I sure don't want it to be my computer...

Let's hope that doesn't mean the engine is strained... I don't want to see Funorb crashing...

22031_s.gif

Let's hope that doesn't mean the engine is strained... I don't want to see Funorb crashing...

It has been strained. They have a limited ammount of space to fit an entire game into. On top of that star cannon is a twitch game. If they ever bring out Orb central that's supposed to help with that.

It has been strained. They have a limited ammount of space to fit an entire game into. On top of that star cannon is a twitch game. If they ever bring out Orb central that's supposed to help with that.

What do you mean by a "twitch" game, and how is Orb Central supposed to help?

22031_s.gif

A twitch game is a game where you're constantly moving and need to stay constantly moving.

Orb central is supposed to give them more data storage capabilities and allow to games to run smoother. I'm not sure of the specs of it, just know that it's supposed to help.

Favorite gun - Lance

usual order of powerups - Shield, then whatever I accidentally stumble upon

most useful powerup - Rewind Module

highest score - 278,180

Highest game mode beaten on - Medium (Free)

most hated enemy - Who doesn't hate the purple stream of bullets?

Most hated boss - I find dodging the space junk at the beginning of level 2 on hard worse then any boss

1yrb49.jpg

A twitch game is a game where you're constantly moving and need to stay constantly moving.

Orb central is supposed to give them more data storage capabilities and allow to games to run smoother. I'm not sure of the specs of it, just know that it's supposed to help.

Let's hope that will help.

22031_s.gif

Well funorb started working for me again. Naturally the first game I played was star cannon. I got to the third boss with one life left. He appeared while other enemies were on the screen, which he never did before. I was pinned in a corner when I noticed him coming to ram me and take my last life. I got like 300k on that medium run. But I did get battleship pilot.