Genesis and The Big Bang

i_love_burritos

The scientific evidence against ghosts and spirits far outweighs the evidence in favour of them.

Still, there is some evidence for it. Odd might be against it but that does not mean you can totally disregard it.

There's no evidence for it that can't be otherwise explained by completely natural means.

Occam's razor destroys pretty-much all "evidence" of the supernatural.

IRKAa.jpg

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God gene... Hmmm you believe in no God yet you believe in a God gene.... Odd. If you believe in the Big Bang, the word God should have any meaning to you. It should be a word that is not even in your vocabulaty. Sounds to me like what you're saying is "I dont believe in a god but i believe people have some similarities to a God".

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Well, theese things are going to be a mistery for a long time, and since they can't be proven right or wrong since they are "supernatural", they don't fit in science.

Though, i'll still stand by my point, theese allucinations and "feeling" mistic stuff around you are explained by both genetics and psycology ( and no, i do not take all my info from wikipedia).

God gene... Hmmm you believe in no God yet you believe in a God gene.... Odd. If you believe in the Big Bang, the word God should have any meaning to you. It should be a word that is not even in your vocabulaty. Sounds to me like what you're saying is "I dont believe in a god but i believe people have some similarities to a God".

You misunderstand the meaning of "god gene." It refers to the fact that people are predisposed to believe in the supernatural. That doesn't say anything about whether or not the supernatural exists, just that people tend to, like I said, be predisposed to believe in it.

IRKAa.jpg

Yet still my statement stands. You do not believe in a God but you accuse a human from having a God-gene. And if its supernatural and does not fit into science then clearly it does not fit into evolution nor the big bang. So clearly somewhere a scientist messed up.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

Green Dragons Guide

"God gene" is a gene that makes you "feel" like there is supernatural stuff all around you. "god gene" is just the nickname of it. The way it spreaded through the population is explained by Evolution.

"God gene" is just a gene that gives people a prediposition to believing in the supernatural and believing they can "feel it". The gene is NOT supernatural, it's just a gene that controls how your brain works and makes you believe in Supernatural stuff. And as i said, Evolution explains how it was spreaded in the population.

Big Bang is a proven scientific fact backed up by a lot of evidence. And NO, believing in Big Bang DOES NOT mean you don't believe in God, it just says that the Universe expanded from a singularity 15 bilhons of years ago. Lots of people believe that God created the Universe via the Big Bang.

I admit that God creating the Universe via Big Bang is a possibility, but there is no evidence for that, so i won't believe until such evidence is found.

What we do know is: Evolution and Big Bang are proven scientific facts, wheter there is a God or not.

Yet still my statement stands. You do not believe in a God but you accuse a human from having a God-gene. And if its supernatural and does not fit into science then clearly it does not fit into evolution nor the big bang. So clearly somewhere a scientist messed up.

Uh, no. Schizophrenia is hereditary (I think). They hear voices. Does that mean the voices are real?

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Yes, and then we get the scientific proof of spirits which totally disproves all that you have just said.

If you're going to continually reference this proof, it would be a good idea to post some of it instead of telling us to go watch the discovery channel. To answer an earlier question, no I do not believe in spirits.
Now even more than ever. The more i read the replies the bigger the bull [cabbage] gets.

Its all a 50 - 50 game to me. Every reason you have for evolution i have a reason for God. To me it sounds like you're making up excuses and i'm 100% sure to you it sounds the same on my part. I guess all that mankind can do is wait for Judgement day or whatever.

If you think we're just spewing [cabbage] and making it all up, please call us out on it. The difference between reasons for evolution and reasons for belief in God is that the evidence for evolution is grounded in scientifically proven fact, while belief in God is based on an old book and your emotions.
Amaranth_GTO.png

It's just a name. It could be called the "purple gene."

The supernatural does not "fit into science" because by definition the supernatural is unprovable with natural evidence. Science deals only with the natural.

And no, scientists didn't "mess up." There's simply no evidence for the existence of the supernatural.

IRKAa.jpg

"God gene" is a gene that makes you "feel" like there is supernatural stuff all around you. "god gene" is just the nickname of it. The way it spreaded through the population is explained by Evolution.

Big Bang is a proven scientific fact backed up by a lot of evidence. And NO, believing in Big Bang DOES NOT mean you don't believe in God, it just says that the Universe expanded from a singularity 15 bilhons of years ago. Lots of people believe that God created the Universe via the Big Bang.

I admit that God creating the Universe via Big Bang is a possibility, but there is no evidence for that, so i won't believe until such evidence is found.

What we do know is: Evolution and Big Bang are proven scientific facts, wheter there is a God or not.

It has also been scientifically proven that men should mate with woman yet somehow people still go gay :o Sience has been wrong once too may times for me to have any faith in it.

EDIT: Sorry that was a bit troll-ish. Too tired to come up with a valid arguement.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Well, i don't really think there is any "scientifical empirical evidence" for the supernatural, but i won't say that ghosts are completely impossible. I just don't really trust Discovery Channel's haunted-stuff shows... I used to watch them, but now i think it's just bs.

Though, the god gene + placebo effect + delusion + mind playing tricks on you + sometimes, schizophrenia = Explanation for most, maybe not *all*, but surely *most* people who claim to "feel" ghosts, gods, spirits, demons or thetans.

EDIT: I do know wikipedia is full of bs, i just searched through wikipedia because, like you, i don't feel like doing big searches for information this time in the morning.

Though, i have read in magazines, other scientific sites, and even from people in this thread about the God Gene, and it *is* true and it *does* cause people the illusion of "something mystic" happening to them. That wikipedia article seems to be for the most part right.

Not only can any video about the supernatural be discounted, but with today's technology, videos dating pre-1990 had a miniscule amount of this tech, anyone can add anything to any video that they so choose with programs like: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp, http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro, and a myriad of other programs of similar capability. With the History channels budget, this is completely within their realm of power.

By editing videos in this way I am, of course, talking about superimposing: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:superimpose&ei=ZBX-StT-Es-_lAfX0ayZCw&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAgQkAE

EDIT: Rofl, i just realised you were using Wikipedia to prove your points. It is a well known fact that most Universities disallow students to use Wikipedia in any and all of their assignments and research projects because Wikipedia is so full of [cabbage] that has been made up its not even funny. So its really hard for me to take anything on Wikipedia serious.

Sorry.

I hate to tell you gorgoroth, but when it comes to scientific articles on wikipedia, discounting articles concerning that the general public tends to care about(i.e.: celebrities, politicans, people in general, etc...), they tend to be spot on and if the articles themselves are not good enough you can always check, in the case of scientific stuff, the footnotes for peer-reviewed articles that do not just summarize what the topic is.

University professors, although they discourage the use of wikipedia itself, do not discourage the use of the footnotes cited within the articles themselves, which very often the wikipedia articles are based upon.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

It has also been scientifically proven that men should mate with woman yet somehow people still go gay :o Sience has been wrong once too may times for me to have any faith in it.

I'm almost tempted to challenge you not to take antibiotics next time you get sick, but I wont because you might die. Dispite the argument about the God gene thing, it's quite silly to discount science because of a few faults among a sea of sucesses.

People go gay because they have an alteration on their brain. Nothing unscientific, nothing supernatural.

When did science go wrong to you? Also, how come Science ( backed up by evidence, peer-reviewed countless times) deserve no "faith" in it, when Religion ( no evidence, been wrong lots of times in the past, surely more than science) is chosen by you?

Doesn't make sense to me. And even if Science did go wrong in the past, Big Bang has enough evidence for us to be sure it happened, and Evolution is the most important Theory of Biology, if not science. Evolution is proven by mountains of evidence and explains enourmous amounts of facts, Evolution is A FACT, wheter there is a God or not, and anyone who denies it has no idea on the implications for denying it.

I'm almost tempted to challenge you not to take antibiotics next time you get sick, but I wont because you might die. Dispite the argument about the God gene thing, it's quite silly to discount science because of a few faults among a sea of sucesses

Pretty much, sums up most of my point.

Well, i don't really think there is any "scientifical empirical evidence" for the supernatural, but i won't say that ghosts are completely impossible. I just don't really trust Discovery Channel's haunted-stuff shows... I used to watch them, but now i think it's just bs.

Though, the god gene + placebo effect + delusion + mind playing tricks on you + sometimes, schizophrenia = Explanation for most, maybe not *all*, but surely *most* people who claim to "feel" ghosts, gods, spirits, demons or thetans.

EDIT: I do know wikipedia is full of bs, i just searched through wikipedia because, like you, i don't feel like doing big searches for information this time in the morning.

Though, i have read in magazines, other scientific sites, and even from people in this thread about the God Gene, and it *is* true and it *does* cause people the illusion of "something mystic" happening to them. That wikipedia article seems to be for the most part right.

Not only can any video about the supernatural be discounted, but with today's technology, videos dating pre-1990 had a miniscule amount of this tech, anyone can add anything to any video that they so choose with programs like: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp, http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro, and a myriad of other programs of similar capability. With the History channels budget, this is completely within their realm of power.

By editing videos in this way I am, of course, talking about superimposing: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&defl=en&q=define:superimpose&ei=ZBX-StT-Es-_lAfX0ayZCw&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title&ved=0CAgQkAE

EDIT: Rofl, i just realised you were using Wikipedia to prove your points. It is a well known fact that most Universities disallow students to use Wikipedia in any and all of their assignments and research projects because Wikipedia is so full of [cabbage] that has been made up its not even funny. So its really hard for me to take anything on Wikipedia serious.

Sorry.

I hate to tell you gorgoroth, but when it comes to scientific articles on wikipedia, discounting articles concerning that the general public tends to care about(i.e.: celebrities, politicans, people in general, etc...), they tend to be spot on and if the articles themselves are not good enough you can always check, in the case of scientific stuff, the footnotes for peer-reviewed articles that do not just summarize what the topic is.

University professors, although they discourage the use of wikipedia itself, do not discourage the use of the footnotes cited within the articles themselves, which very often the wikipedia articles are based upon.

You telling me to read some scientists article is like me telling you ro read the Bible. They were both writen by men. The one is backed up by science (something created by God) and the other is backed up by eye-witnesses/humans (created by God). So in the end you're just telling yourself that you are wrong.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

EDIT: Sorry that was a bit troll-ish. Too tired to come up with a valid arguement.

Well, the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong too, but people still do it. Does this mean we should completely discount the Bible?

The "god gene" is just a mutation on the VMAT2 that predisposes a person to belief in the supernatural, or belief in a god/gods.

Amaranth_GTO.png

People go gay because they have an alteration on their brain. Nothing unscientific, nothing supernatural.

When did science go wrong to you? Also, how come Science ( backed up by evidence, peer-reviewed countless times) deserve no "faith" in it, when Religion ( no evidence, been wrong lots of times in the past, surely more than science) is chosen by you?

Doesn't make sense to me. And even if Science did go wrong in the past, Big Bang has enough evidence for us to be sure it happened, and Evolution is the most important Theory of Biology, if not science. Evolution is proven by mountains of evidence and explains enourmous amounts of facts, Evolution is A FACT, wheter there is a God or not, and anyone who denies it has no idea on the implications for denying it.

I'm almost tempted to challenge you not to take antibiotics next time you get sick, but I wont because you might die. Dispite the argument about the God gene thing, it's quite silly to discount science because of a few faults among a sea of sucesses

I find it very funny how people are so eager to believe that they are an evolved for of a hairy bush monkey that picks his nose and eats lice all day long. Sure, if you want to be a monkey go right ahead. My logic tells me to think otherwise. But then again what is my logic worth. I'm just a brainwashed Christian boy belonging to the sacm that is religion and God. Clearly we were all fromed by some chemical fart. Feels good to know i am a monkey that exists as a result from a gassy universe.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Well, the Bible says that homosexuality is wrong too, but people still do it. Does this mean we should completely discount the Bible?

The "god gene" is just a mutation on the VMAT2 that predisposes a person to belief in the supernatural, or belief in a god/gods.

No it means you should see any Homosexual as a sinner. Clearly they do not follow the word of God and therefor they are sinners.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

I find it very funny how people are so eager to believe that they are an evolved for of a hairy bush monkey that picks his nose and eats lice all day long. Sure, if you want to be a monkey go right ahead. My logic tells me to think otherwise. But then again what is my logic worth. I'm just a brainwashed Christian boy belonging to the sacm that is religion and God. Clearly we were all fromed by some chemical fart. Feels good to know i am a monkey that exists as a result from a gassy universe.

It's not that we neccessarily "want" to believe that we evolved from an ape-like creature, it's just that such is what the evidence leads us to.

IRKAa.jpg

You aren't a monkey, you're a human. We're two different species that are related. We both descended from a common ancestor millions of years ago, and have evolved into two separate (though similar) species. And if my options are to believe that, or decide that even though there are mountains of evidence supporting evolution, and mountains of evidence supporting the big bang, to believe that the universe was just made the way it is now thousands of years ago, that all animals, plants, and everything else hasn't changed since we were just placed here by a god, I'm inclined to believe in evolution and the big bang.

EDIT:

[hide=quote chain]

No it means you should see any Homosexual as a sinner. Clearly they do not follow the word of God and therefor they are sinners.

[/hide]

I see. In that case, I retract my previous statements. Mind telling me where it says that in the bible btw? I know it's in there but I've never been able to find it.

Amaranth_GTO.png

[hide]

Sorry.

You telling me to read some scientists article is like me telling you ro read the Bible. They were both writen by men. The one is backed up by science (something created by God) and the other is backed up by eye-witnesses/humans (created by God). So in the end you're just telling yourself that you are wrong.

[/hide]

Okay...ignoring what you just said, what have you offered, outside of circular logic(http://www.numeraire.com/download/WhatIsCircularReasoning.pdf), to back-up your claims, discounting anecdotal and secondary accounts, concerning the evidence of the "supernatural". Whether or not you choose to accept any criticism from said sources is not our problem, but a problem that persists with the big three today(i.e.:Christianity, Judaism, Islam(all of which are the Abrahamic god "Yahweh".)).

Here is a chance to learn some things about your religion(as usual you can check the footnotes if you do not trust the wikipedia article):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea

That link denotes how the bible, in its current form today, was cannonized. The one most people read in the western countries today is the King James version, which occurred when a "Pope" would not allow him to divorce his then current wife.

In addition to that, here is something on "Mithra" or "Mitra".

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/deadangelsrot/mithra.html

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

You aren't a monkey, you're a human. We're two different species that are related. We both descended from a common ancestor millions of years ago, and have evolved into two separate (though similar) species. And if my options are to believe that, or decide that even though there are mountains of evidence supporting evolution, and mountains of evidence supporting the big bang, to believe that the universe was just made the way it is now thousands of years ago, that all animals, plants, and everything else hasn't changed since we were just placed here by a god, I'm inclined to believe in evolution and the big bang.

EDIT:

[hide=quote chain]

[/hide]

I see. In that case, I retract my previous statements. Mind telling me where it says that in the bible btw? I know it's in there but I've never been able to find it.

What exactly is it you want me to find?

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Think he wants you to find the part where it backs up your quote of

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Thought so. Alright while i go look for it this is what i can remember. I think it all leads back to the story of Sodom and Gamora (sp?) Sodom was a city full of homosexual men and Gamora a city of homosexual women. Long story short, Sodom was struck down. Now i am really not 100% sure about this because this is what i can remember from when i was a young child.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide

Thought so. Alright while i go look for it this is what i can remember. I think it all leads back to the story of Sodom and Gamora (sp?) Sodom was a city full of homosexual men and Gamora a city of homosexual women. Long story short, Sodom was struck down. Now i am really not 100% sure about this because this is what i can remember from when i was a young child.

Yes, that's what I was asking. I was wondering because I always hear it referenced but I could never find anything other than the one quote from Leviticus that says homosexuality is wrong. Thank you for answering.

Amaranth_GTO.png

Yes, that's what I was asking. I was wondering because I always hear it referenced but I could never find anything other than the one quote from Leviticus that says homosexuality is wrong. Thank you for answering.

I'm pretty sure you would find it if you searched Sodom and Gamora on the net. Aslo there is another text that says something in the lines of Homosexuality being wrong because you are exchanging the natural way for the unnatural.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

Green Dragons Guide