Genesis and The Big Bang

i_love_burritos

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do however not totally agree with evolution either. The thought that we are all the result of 1 cell is still something i cannot wrap my mind around.

Have you watched the videos i posted in response to you? Or even read my response at all ( please do read it, took some time to write that :evil: )?

Abiogenesis is proven possible, and it is also proven possible that this "1 cell" can form Multicellular beings with sexual reproduction ( which accelerates Evolution, a lot), complex genetic code and a primitive brain.

And all of thoose formed over 2 bilhon years ago. Bilhons, if not trilhons of other generations made theese things more and more complex in theese 2 bilhon years of Evolution.

The idea of everything being the result of a simple cell evolving is pretty wierd, but the experiments show it is possible.

Good to see that you are a rational human being though :thumbup:

Yay for Agnostics.

Believing in the same thing you do; does not make you a rational human being.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I must admit that i have not yet watched the videos. I just haven't really had the time, but i will watch them for certain. And also Saru, i think the reason for him calling me rational is not entirely for thinking the way he does, bit rather for thinking like an open-minded person. For thinking logical. I still say though that i will not fully believe in evolution (no matter what scietific proof is provided) untill a full tree of the evolution proccess is shown to me. I think only then will i be able to totally disregard religion.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

I do however not totally agree with evolution either. The thought that we are all the result of 1 cell is still something i cannot wrap my mind around.

Have you watched the videos i posted in response to you? Or even read my response at all ( please do read it, took some time to write that :evil: )?

Abiogenesis is proven possible, and it is also proven possible that this "1 cell" can form Multicellular beings with sexual reproduction ( which accelerates Evolution, a lot), complex genetic code and a primitive brain.

And all of thoose formed over 2 bilhon years ago. Bilhons, if not trilhons of other generations made theese things more and more complex in theese 2 bilhon years of Evolution.

The idea of everything being the result of a simple cell evolving is pretty wierd, but the experiments show it is possible.

Good to see that you are a rational human being though :thumbup:

Yay for Agnostics.

Believing in the same thing you do; does not make you a rational human being.

He doesn't believe the same thing i do -.-

BUT, he was able of reading the full Bible ( something almost no Christians do theese days -.-), question his beliefs, and actually think about it. Doubting stuff, researching about it, and coming to a conclusion.

EDIT: And has he already said, he was open minded. That is something i value A LOT, since no one seems to be capable of admitting they might be wrong or considering other hipothesis for once.

I know this is "uncalled for" and not really pertinent, but I hate people who think that if you're religious, then you're automatically illogical; irrational; schizophrenic, or gullible. Ugh. Hah. I know someone's gonna quote this "if it's uncalled for why post it"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I know this is "uncalled for" and not really pertinent, but I hate people who think that if you're religious, then you're automatically illogical; irrational; schizophrenic, or gullible. Ugh. Hah. I know someone's gonna quote this "if it's uncalled for why post it"

Yeah i must say i agree 100% with this. Its just because religios people have a much different way of thinking.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Guest Mrmegakirby

Yeah i must say i agree 100% with this. Its just because religios people have a much different way of thinking.

Sometimes, people are like that when their religous. If they can back up what they believe in, then they wouldn't be. I'm saying that anyone here is or isn't, just that some people really are.

Can we apply the "gate theory" here?

First you take the lesser drugs, then you move onto the harder stuff and at some point you are a complete drug addict.

Same thing with rational thinking

First someone teaches you logic, you learn implication, falsification, burden of proof etc etc. Eventually you use logic in everything you do in your life, and find yourself being miserable anyways. You shouldn't have taken the red pill, you should've said "no" when they tried to teach you logic the first time. You could've been happier if you hadn't needed to know so much about the world.

And I'll return the metaphor to you. As George Shaw said: "The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality."

It's truly comforting to believe in an afterlife, but comfort alone doesn't justify a belief.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

First you take the lesser drugs, then you move onto the harder stuff and at some point you are a complete drug addict.

First someone teaches you logic, you learn implication, falsification, burden of proof etc etc. Eventually you use logic in everything you do in your life, and find yourself being miserable anyways. You shouldn't have taken the red pill, you should've said "no" when they tried to teach you logic the first time. You could've been happier if you hadn't needed to know so much about the world.

You...you just said that everything would be better if we were wholly ignorant of our surroundings. And compared knowledge to hard drugs.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I can eat pork, I'm pretty happy about that. It tastes good. Also, I can go have sex if I want to, and I'm not about to get married. That's also pretty cool...

The list goes on. Religion isn't all pros and no cons. I'm happy I'm not living a lie, and I'm definitely not miserable.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

You...you just said that everything would be better if we were wholly ignorant of our surroundings. And compared knowledge to hard drugs.

I'm not sure that your assessment of his statements is spot-on, but he speaks the truth. Ignorance is bliss. And I think I'd rather not have known that bacon or sausage may give me tapeworms even if it is thoroughly cooked...

2dgucz6.png

Just taking new perspectives and being openminded here!

Not saying you should try it once, who knows where this gate leads me.

The scientist- the rational thinker- questions his beliefs. It doesn't matter so much where the questioning leads the rational thinker, so much as it does that it is this questioning that leands them there. I know a number of physisicts who believe in a God of some sort (strangly doesn't happen as much with biologists and chemists).

I am athiest. I am open to the possiblity that there may be a diety or religion out there which I could accept, but havn't found one yet. I would also accept belief in pink unicorns if evidence were provided that they are real- but I don't call myself agnostic in either case.

A lot of religious people are pleasant enough, and don't pose much of a problem- I wouldn't want to convince them to change their mindset because they seem quite happy with it. The ones who I don't see as friendly are those who feel is it their duty to convert me, or pick a single phrase out of an entire book as their mission in this world ("I need to stop gay marriage because God says something that includes both men AND women blah blah blah").

One quote I've seen in another forum...

"I contend that we are both athiests, and that I simply believe in one less God than you do. If you were to look at the reasoning for not believing in all the other Gods, you would understand why I don't believe in yours."

People forget genensis has been changed more times there anyone would ever know.

Within the first 2 pages you can see this.

[spoiler=Wall of text (1st 2 pages)]Genesis, Chapter 1

001: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

002: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

003: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

004: And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

005: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

006: And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

007: And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

008: And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

009: And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

010: And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

011: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

012: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

013: And the evening and the morning were the third day.

014: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

015: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

016: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

017: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

018: And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

019: And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

020: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

021: And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

022: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

023: And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

024: And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

025: And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

026: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

027: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

028: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

029: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

030: And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

031: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis, Chapter 2

001: Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

002: And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

003: And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

004: These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

005: And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

006: But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

007: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

008: And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

009: And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

010: And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

011: The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

012: And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

013: And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

014: And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

015: And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

016: And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

017: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

018: And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

019: And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

020: And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

021: And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

022: And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

023: And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

024: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

025: And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

It goes

man+woman

man

man+woman

Anyone whose read up on why its because they removed a big section about Adams first wife (yes there was a woman before Eve).

Similar to a lot of other things which have been changed over time and modified.

People should never believe every little thing they read is true. I wouldn't surprise me if any common knowledge isn't found to be false later on.

The best response I ever got about this subject (big bang and god or god at all) was;

Say everything around us now was created from 2 particles colliding, how did those 2 particles come to be?

I'm atheist, but the above sentence/question is enough to make an atheist think. If science has taught us you can't create something from nothing.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Say everything around us now was created from 2 particles colliding, how did those 2 particles come to be?

Who the hell said Big Bang theory talks about particles colliding? Big Bang Theory shows that the Universe expanded from a singularity 15 bilhon years ago.

Scientists don't know what caused it, but they are trying to find out though.

I heard about String-Theory / M-Theory talking about our Universe ( and possible other Universes) being the result of the shock of P-Brane,

but String Theory isn't proven ( Hell, String Theory is just a mathematical model that makes accurate mathematical predictions and wierd untested non-mathematical predictions), and i don't knowmuch about it, so i'm not gonna go in detail about it.

And i'm not even sure if there is a "nothing" in Science. I heard that there are particles that come out of nothing and dissapear right after, coming and dissapearing all the time ( i don't know much about this though, anyone can confirm this pl0x?), not to mention how 96% of our Universe ( what we used to think was "Nothing") is now known to be made of Dark Matter and Dark Energy ( and we have no idea what the hell that is...).

So, i don't know if Science taught us you can't create something from nothing, not only because particles seem to come from nothing all the time, but because i don't even know if there is a "Nothing" at all :blink:

Aargh, Physics make my head hurts :-?

[hide]

People forget genensis has been changed more times there anyone would ever know.

Within the first 2 pages you can see this.

[spoiler=Wall of text (1st 2 pages)]Genesis, Chapter 1

001: In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

002: And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

003: And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

004: And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

005: And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

006: And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

007: And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

008: And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

009: And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

010: And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

011: And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

012: And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

013: And the evening and the morning were the third day.

014: And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

015: And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

016: And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

017: And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

018: And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

019: And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

020: And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

021: And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

022: And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

023: And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

024: And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

025: And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

026: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

027: So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

028: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

029: And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

030: And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

031: And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis, Chapter 2

001: Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

002: And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

003: And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

004: These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

005: And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

006: But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

007: And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

008: And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

009: And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

010: And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.

011: The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;

012: And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.

013: And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.

014: And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.

015: And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.

016: And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

017: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

018: And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.

019: And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

020: And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.

021: And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;

022: And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

023: And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

024: Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

025: And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

It goes

man+woman

man

man+woman

Anyone whose read up on why its because they removed a big section about Adams first wife (yes there was a woman before Eve).

Similar to a lot of other things which have been changed over time and modified.

People should never believe every little thing they read is true. I wouldn't surprise me if any common knowledge isn't found to be false later on.

The best response I ever got about this subject (big bang and god or god at all) was;

I'm atheist, but the above sentence/question is enough to make an atheist think. If science has taught us you can't create something from nothing.

[/hide]

The contradiction that you are referring to there is the one about Lilith.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilith

>> footnotes by strongest citation

>>> 59. http://feminism.eserver.org/theory/papers/lilith/

>>> 52. http://gnosis.org/lilith.htm

>>> 15. http://www.matrifocus.com/LAM05/spotlight.htm

[hide]Who the hell said Big Bang theory talks about particles colliding? Big Bang Theory shows that the Universe expanded from a singularity 15 bilhon years ago.

Scientists don't know what caused it, but they are trying to find out though.

I heard about String-Theory / M-Theory talking about our Universe ( and possible other Universes) being the result of the shock of P-Brane,

but String Theory isn't proven ( Hell, String Theory is just a mathematical model that makes accurate mathematical predictions and wierd untested non-mathematical predictions), and i don't knowmuch about it, so i'm not gonna go in detail about it.

And i'm not even sure if there is a "nothing" in Science. I heard that there are particles that come out of nothing and dissapear right after, coming and dissapearing all the time ( i don't know much about this though, anyone can confirm this pl0x?), not to mention how 96% of our Universe ( what we used to think was "Nothing") is now known to be made of Dark Matter and Dark Energy ( and we have no idea what the hell that is...).

So, i don't know if Science taught us you can't create something from nothing, not only because particles seem to come from nothing all the time, but because i don't even know if there is a "Nothing" at all :blink:

Aargh, Physics make my head hurts :-? [/hide]

When talking in the language of physics you need to be able to condition your thinking to higher dimensions; sort of like this(ignore everything else, unless you feel like reading alot, and look at the cube falling in and out on itself):

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_dimension

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_dimension

Concerning the "nothing" thing you are referring to...When physicists mention something like this they are actually referring to the quantum level of particles where many things will appear to be in 2, 3, or more places at the same time

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Concerning the "nothing" thing you are referring to...When physicists mention something like this they are actually referring to the quantum level of particles where many things will appear to be in 2, 3, or more places at the same time

It's a pedant's point but vacuum point energy is different from probability waves in quantum mechanics. What (I think) you're describing is the fact that because all particles can also be described by waves you can only say where a particle is with some probability, i.e. there's an upper limit on your certainty of it's positon (Heisenberg Uncertainty). Vacuum point energy simply states that in vacuums localised energy fluctuations result in pairs of particles being created (particle/anti-particle) which then annihilate themselves in recombination a short time later (as an aside, this is the mechanism behind why black holes evaporate, but it's more complicated).

The concept of nothingness in physics is truly meaningless because you always have this energy. Which is why I think the question "where did everything come from?" is a little naive because it assumes nothingness is and should be the default state. But no evidence supports this.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"