StellarKit Updated Information

RSBDavid

I am looking into possibly writing this in JAVA, making it cross platform so those players who use Linux and Mac and still use StellarKit.

This will make it easier to do some things like the pidgin and teamspeak ideas.

35bi72u.png

Welcome to the StellarKit blog.

~ Introduction ~

StellarKit is something I first started drafting in my mind about 3-4 weeks ago. StellarKit is the working title. I will change to something else later. I wanted to create something that people would use and something that would test my Programming skills and graphical design. I was going to start this blog about two days ago, but my hard drive failed and I had to restart SK from the beginning.

StellarKit will be open-sourced later on, but for now I will keep it closed-sourced.

~ Interface ~

Here is a picture of my first interface draft after my reconstruction:

24wyp9z.png

~ Features ~

Current Features Completed:

2. RSS Reader
  3. Stellar Dawn Loader
  4. Theme Selector
  5. Custom Profiles

Features being worked on:

1. Custom Tab Control
  2. Complete Control of Twitter ( Updating status, reading other tweets)
  3. IRC Client
  4. MSN Client
  5. Music Player
  6. Screenshot Tool

Features I want to add eventually:

2. A Pidgin Client
  3. Ventrilo/Teamspeak Capabilities
  4. Google Wave intergration

~Daily Blog ~

[hide=10-31-2009]

Today I created this blog

I plan to create a custom tab control and finish the MP3 player today. I will work on the IRC and MSN clients tomarrow.

I am thinking about switching to a Firefox-based web browser control. This will allow you and me to use firefox add-ons.

I have some homework to complete then I will continue with coding.

[/hide]

~ Video ~

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZmoih_wIc

If you would like to play with what I have so far, you can download the compiled version from the bottom of this page.

Basically this is a blog I will keep up to date of my progress and show previews. If you have any comments, questions, or complaints, feel free to post here. I am accepting any ideas and if I use you will be credited.

I am thinking about doing this in java, but I have a lot more experience in VB.Net

Thanks for viewing my blog.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

I think the IRC is a good thing to get working early. I would say try not to add too many features and overload the program, slowing it down.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I think the IRC is a good thing to get working early. I would say try not to add too many features and overload the program, slowing it down.

I found the issue which made my program load slow. It was trying to load all of the graphics for unused themes I had in the resources.

Now my program loads in ~1 second

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Good luck. SwiftKit has had plans for a Stellar Dawn client for a while.

Also you might want to watch out. That logo of the swish has been copyrighted by Jagex for a while now. You may want to change it.

I changed the Logo. I was going to anyways. I was working all day today so I didn't get much done. I will work through the night on the IRC Client and MP3 Player.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

I have updated the topic. I am seriously looking into redoing StellarKit ,before I progress much further, in Java.

This is for two reasons. One, to provide a client that is cross-platform. Two, to stretch my programming skills and learn more with the Java language.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Digsby client. :)

You should consider integrating some kind of video player that can pull videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Megavideo...etc, or play videos from a selected playlist from the computer. As well as integrate it in some way to favour AFK training, but not bending the rules regarding macros.

For instance an automated system would have the video playing somewhere on the screen, while in the background through some transparency filter or whatever, you could see the game, or in a thumbnail preview you could see the game from the taskbar or from wherever. When you're about be logged out, the video player is set aside and then automatically you do any kind of key combination to keep you from logging out. This may be against the rules, because it is automated, without the user having to switch back except to do whatever AFK task, example: cut a tree again, click on the rock again...etc.

Another variant is that at any interval the user enters, say 80 seconds, 100 seconds, a green/red button appears at this interval. The user must press this button in order for the StellarKit to do the key combination in-game, while still playing the video. This 'technically' isn't breaking the rules Jagex has, as you're manually doing the task, but more conveniently.

Lastly the most legal option is to have some type of notification, whether it be the aforementioned button, popup window from the taskbar...etc, and then the user has to click to get back to their in-game screen, and then stop them from logging out.

------

The video could be an overlay over the in-game screen,and then have a mini thumbnail of the in-game screen beside or underneath the video. Either through a key bind or a mouse click on the thumbnail will replace the video with the thumbnail and the in-game screen with whatever game they're playing.

Might be something to consider as this feature would honestly tempt me to use the software and afk train while watching any numerous amounts of videos I watch on Megavideo/YouTube. I don't know if it is possible, or too complex or time consuming to invest in. Also the overlay and thumbnail technique could be applied to skill calculators or viewing websites, or any other application.

Still good luck.

Digsby client. :)

You should consider integrating some kind of video player that can pull videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Megavideo...etc, or play videos from a selected playlist from the computer. As well as integrate it in some way to favour AFK training, but not bending the rules regarding macros.

For instance an automated system would have the video playing somewhere on the screen, while in the background through some transparency filter or whatever, you could see the game, or in a thumbnail preview you could see the game from the taskbar or from wherever. When you're about be logged out, the video player is set aside and then automatically you do any kind of key combination to keep you from logging out. This may be against the rules, because it is automated, without the user having to switch back except to do whatever AFK task, example: cut a tree again, click on the rock again...etc.

Another variant is that at any interval the user enters, say 80 seconds, 100 seconds, a green/red button appears at this interval. The user must press this button in order for the StellarKit to do the key combination in-game, while still playing the video. This 'technically' isn't breaking the rules Jagex has, as you're manually doing the task, but more conveniently.

Lastly the most legal option is to have some type of notification, whether it be the aforementioned button, popup window from the taskbar...etc, and then the user has to click to get back to their in-game screen, and then stop them from logging out.

------

The video could be an overlay over the in-game screen,and then have a mini thumbnail of the in-game screen beside or underneath the video. Either through a key bind or a mouse click on the thumbnail will replace the video with the thumbnail and the in-game screen with whatever game they're playing.

Might be something to consider as this feature would honestly tempt me to use the software and afk train while watching any numerous amounts of videos I watch on Megavideo/YouTube. I don't know if it is possible, or too complex or time consuming to invest in. Also the overlay and thumbnail technique could be applied to skill calculators or viewing websites, or any other application.

Still good luck.

This idea is very tempting to do. I am 100% certain I can do this in visual basic, but not 100% certain I can do in Java.

All I would have to do is draw a customized panel control which makes the web browser transparent while another panel housing a video player plays the video. I could add a timer which does a 4.5 minute countdown that is overlayed in the corner of the video and with 10 seconds left it would warn you with a simple sound. I have never worked with transparency in java.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

Yea, what really made me post it was the thumbnail preview thing that you can alternate between the main window and the thumbnail. It would be tremendously useful for any kind of calculator, media player, web browsing, writing in notepad...etc. And you can see if something is happening to your RS/SD game and such in the thumbnail. In my opinion this type of feature would set you apart from SK and actually create incentive to use this.

The video transparency is rather pointless if you do it in the thumbnail preview kind of way though, but integrating it somewhere else might be something to consider.

After an hour of playing with code, I managed to do this with Visual Basic:

vq40lc.png

I can adjust the transparency however I want.

If I had a better resolution monitor, I could use YouTube API's and incorporate the video into the client itself next to the RS/SD browser.

Another thing I can do is just resize the browsers /swap them like PIP mode on tv's.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

I'd decrease the transparency a bit and perhaps find a way to determine where to keep the transparency at 0% but at the adjusted level only where the in-game screen is. Or the ability to manually adjust the transparency.

Good job though.