Lag in Fists of Guthix

Youmu

I was playing Fist of Guthix today, and got this score as hunted:

2054br8.jpg

Unfortunately, my computer managed to disconnect when I was the hunter.

This happened twice, with very high scores. The result? I lost 40 of my hard-earned ratings, even though I did not want to forfeit.

Jagex, please do something about people who lag...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's not Jagex's fault that you get lag. However with a new game engine/server shifts try changing some settings and updating java.

This isn't really a rant about the game.

90% of f2p F.O.G ers are mage trainers anyway so surely that would be more anoying than getting lagg?

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

Yes, there are a lot of lags, especially when they are a lot of players. Only you can do is to change another world where less ppl are playing, but it will takes you also more time tille enaugh poeple gather together so the game can start.

hybridwinner.png

friendlyrunner.png

74519794.png

IMG.png

1024345760c9a10adabb996d3a25c754381ee4e6.gif

Don't blame Jagex for your poor internet connection. There's nothing they can do about it, other than create lower resolution versions of the game. (p.s. I assume you're using the lowest quality graphics and all that? If you're not maybe you should switch to them to reduce lag)

I'm only ranting on this, because losing 40 rating in a single game just because you forfeited unintentionally is a bit unreasonable.

Jagex should make it so that there are absolutely no forfeit tunnels, and the only way to forfeit is disconnecting. This should apply to all minigames so penalties are obsolete.

Oh, and by "lag", I mean "clicks don't register and after a while I'm brought back to the log-on screen".

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Ayo brah who cares?

Would YOU like it if you suffered unintentional forfeiting?

Man this rant should have been about forfeiting in minigames...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

No, I've had it happen before and it's very annoying. I can't remember which minigame it was though (it wasn't FOG).

It's annoying in EVERY minigame...

What's Jagex's idea to add a forfeit option on most minigames? They think we're stupid enough to walk out and not get rewards?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

No, I've had it happen before and it's very annoying. I can't remember which minigame it was though (it wasn't FOG).

It's annoying in EVERY minigame...

What's Jagex's idea to add a forfeit option on most minigames? They think we're stupid enough to walk out and not get rewards?

Because some people would log out when they start to lose if there was no penalty for it. So when you lose connection Jagex assumes you're trying to pull a fast one.

Zerker_jane.png

Because some people would log out when they start to lose if there was no penalty for it. So when you lose connection Jagex assumes you're trying to pull a fast one.

Except you cannot log out during minigames.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

That's a problem on your end. Nothing Jagex can do about it.

They can set up seperate areas, like they do in other minigames. Pest Control, for example.

There are so many players, combat level has virtually no determination of the outcome. If you can't see your damn target, how can you kill them?

All of the hunted stand in the middle and hide in each others' right-click-menus. It's epicly [developmentally delayed]ed.

Its your computer, nothing else.

No, it's Jagex being developmentally delayed enough to not add seperate areas like they did for other minigames, like Pest Control. And Clan Wars.

newsigac5.png