Dev Diary - Elite Tasks - 19-Nov-2009

Sentry_Wolf

You people are overdoing it on the rewards. Remember what the Ardougne Diary Elite reward did? It turned a once-a-day teleport into a teleport with infinite uses. In other words: good ability to have, but not good enough to work your [wagon] off for it.

I think adding teleports would be good enough, ie:

Varrock - Teleport to the Sawmill

Karamja - Teleport to Tai Bwo Wannai village

Fremennik - Infinite teleports to the lyre destination - lyre not required

Falador -Teleport to Ice Mountain/Rimmington ?

Seers - Teleport to Catherby (farming patch)

But you also can't have the reward being TOTALLY pointless. Half of the things you mentioned above can already be accessed, and if a player has to finish the ELITE diary, I'm sure that can already do it.

Varrock: Balloon is literally right there.

Karamja: OK

Fremmy: OK

Falador: Rimming = House tele, Ice Mountain = Ancient tele

Seers: Catherby teleport (Lunars) takes you right there.

Too bad you cant be on ancients, lunar and normal magic at once. Okay, you can with lunar spellbook but I find it impractical.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Lunars all the time, but that's besides the point. Fact remains that there's already a good tele to those spots.

Plus a few of those spots are to such remote areas, it'd be useless anyway. Rimmington and Ice Mountain, for example.

Crossing the level 81 slayer cave obstacle, as mentioned earlier, seems like a pretty good example of what tasks you can expect. I also think they'll include some more tasks that are similar to 'make a rune cbow all in yanille/witchaven'.

That sounds like a good requirement, but we could make it slighty more interesting. How about after killing a Cave Crawler, you must get to the end of the cave in a certain amount of time (in which there is plenty of time to spare if you used the shortcuts, but otherwise impossible if you do not) and damage a kurask? The final requirement could be removed if neccesary (or changed to attempt to attack a kurask with a correct weapon, so that crowding wouldn't be an issue), but it adds an additional high-ish level requirement and overall makes the task more interesting than "use a shortcut".

@Me_hate_Libs: Most of those are really... poor for Elite rewards, although some would be pretty decent for the lower leveled ones. But the Seers effect is a fantastic idea; not only does it fit well with the theme of Seers, but would be a very convinent yet balanced effect. :D

I use Lunars all the time, but that's besides the point. Fact remains that there's already a good tele to those spots.

Plus a few of those spots are to such remote areas, it'd be useless anyway. Rimmington and Ice Mountain, for example.

There's a bush patch in Rimmington. :thumbsup: But a completely new teleport doesn't really fit the idea of having the Elite tasks improve an existing reward somehow.

I like the idea of allowing a specific spirit tree to not count towards the spirit tree limit--I'd definitely like to have spirit trees in both Brimhaven and Etceteria.

As for the agility task, I think I'd rather just see it use the Barbarian Extended course. Just "Complete an extended lap without failing any obstacles" or whatever.

Hmm, I hate the "long" walk from edge to ice mountain when there is peng over there though.

You could Combat Bracelet to the Monastery.

Crossing the level 81 slayer cave obstacle, as mentioned earlier, seems like a pretty good example of what tasks you can expect. I also think they'll include some more tasks that are similar to 'make a rune cbow all in yanille/witchaven'.

That sounds like a good requirement, but we could make it slighty more interesting. How about after killing a Cave Crawler, you must get to the end of the cave in a certain amount of time (in which there is plenty of time to spare if you used the shortcuts, but otherwise impossible if you do not) and damage a kurask? The final requirement could be removed if neccesary (or changed to attempt to attack a kurask with a correct weapon, so that crowding wouldn't be an issue), but it adds an additional high-ish level requirement and overall makes the task more interesting than "use a shortcut".

@Me_hate_Libs: Most of those are really... poor for Elite rewards, although some would be pretty decent for the lower leveled ones. But the Seers effect is a fantastic idea; not only does it fit well with the theme of Seers, but would be a very convinent yet balanced effect. :D

I know they're poor. They're not meant to be awesome. The only difference for Ardy completion, aside from the exp rewards, is unlimited Farming teleports. Woot... That's exciting. They're meant to be little helpers, not pure awesomeness. You'd also get exp rewards in addition to nice extras.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.