Mort Myre Money Making

psychedelic

So this is my first thread here. Hope this is the right spot. Let me know if anything is unclear and I'll try to fix it.

Requirements:

-Ardougne Cloak

-Silver Sickle (B)

-Dramen/Lunar Staff

-Beast of Burden Pouch (only if Pray is high enough to be worth while)

-50 Prayer is also recommended (Higher is definitely better). You could still do this method with lower Prayer, although less gp/hr will be achieved.

-Ability to survive standing in Mort Myre for several minutes at a time. It's possible to be hit 1-4 damage from Ghasts now and then

"The Loop"

START - Zanaris

1) Fairy Ring to BKR (Mort Myre Swamp)

2) Go to the south side of the water mass south of the Fairy Ring

3) Stand in between the two large mushrooms (Landscape, non-pickable) and directly south-east of the mossy rock in the middle of the swamp south of the Fairy Ring. Here you should have some logs one square north-east, north-west and south-west of you. It is important to stand here as Mort Myre Fungus only spawns on logs, thus maximizing the possibility if a Fungus per cast.

4) Right click the Silver Sickle (B) and Cast Bloom

5) Collect the Mort Myre Fungus

-Note: Casting Bloom costs 1-5 Prayer points and will spawn anywhere from 0-3 Mort Myre Fungus

6) Continue Casting Bloom until you run out of Prayer points or have a full inventory (Beast of Burdens will help increase profit and stay)

7) Monastery teleport with the Ardougne Cloak.

8) Refill Prayer points at Monastery altar.

9) Head directly West to the Fairy Ring (DJP) north-east of the Tower of Life.

10) Bank in Zanaris. There is a Small Obelisk in between the Bank and the master Fairy Ring to recharge Summoning Points if needed.

11) Repeat.

I'm currently at 64 Prayer (59 Summoning) and I have enough Prayer to completely fill my inventory as well as a Spirit terrorbird about half of the time. The lowest number of Mort Myre Fungus I've received in one trip was 26, while other times I've left with as much as 21 Prayer points to spare. It is possible to get 3 Fungus from 1 Prayer point just as possible as it is to get 0 Fungus from 5 Prayer points.

I can generally get 600 or so per hour with my current stats. As Mort Myre Fungus is, at the time of posting this thread, 1217gp each, that equates to approximately 700k per hour. As you're recharging your Prayer and teleporting for free, the only cost is the Beast of Burden (and Spirt Terrorbirds are only 300gp).

Someone with 99 Prayer and a Pak Yak could easily make 1m per hour I'd imagine.

Regards,

Psych edelic

Total Level 1578

This should go in the guides section.

Its faster to teleport to your house recharge prayer and either use a canifis teleport or a mounted glory to edgeville then use the fairy ring over the river.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I think this might belong in the guides section...

But good guide. :)

I used to do this when it was less known, they used to be around 600.

There's a spot in the swamp where you can get three to come up at once, but I'm not telling where. :o

Also, when I used to do it, I would just use a teleport to house tab where I have an alter and a Canifis teleport. Bank, then run back.

Good luck. :)

P.S: I think a person with 99 prayer and high enough summoning for Pak Yak (I think 95) probably wouldn't use this method for money.

The nice thing about this method is that the teleports are all free, but of course the minimal cost of the faster methods mean that shouldn't be an issue except for the most cash-strapped. Belongs in guides, but this is a fairly decent method :thumbup: .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

This should go in the guides section.

Its faster to teleport to your house recharge prayer and either use a canifis teleport or a mounted glory to edgeville then use the fairy ring over the river.

Or, if your house is yanille, instead of glory teleing to edge, you could exit your house turn west out of yanille and north past the musician, and there's a fairy ring right there, I think it's the fastest way to get to a fairy ring.

simon_senior.png