well, my comp screwed me

Gilformen

basically, that little, circular, tab, thing that holds the disc in the middle while its being read cracked and came off, thankfully, the pieces didnt get thrown around inside my laptop, but now i cant play dvds.

so, firstly, whats the name for that little, tiny, piece that is apparently so important, and where would i get a replacement?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

I had a quick run though wikipidia and I belive it is called a spindle, but sadly I do not know where to get replacements (you could try and get a whole new disk tray!) I reccoment searching google for a replacement here is a quick link for you!

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

I had a quick run though wikipidia and I belive it is called a spindle, but sadly I do not know where to get replacements (you could try and get a whole new disk tray!) I reccoment searching google for a replacement here is a quick link for you!

You could go to a local tech store and ask

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

ok, i have a model l305d-s5897 toshiba laptop, running windows vista.

it has one hard disk, 250 gig. i called a local tech company, they said just replace the drive.

which i really dont want to do since im not missing any of the magnets or crap, just the little plastic piece.

im not that knowledgeable about comps, especially when it comes to replacing parts, so if i do end up having

to replace the entire drive, will i have to externally back up then re-install files, music, etc?

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore

ok, i have a model l305d-s5897 toshiba laptop, running windows vista.

it has one hard disk, 250 gig. i called a local tech company, they said just replace the drive.

which i really dont want to do since im not missing any of the magnets or crap, just the little plastic piece.

im not that knowledgeable about comps, especially when it comes to replacing parts, so if i do end up having

to replace the entire drive, will i have to externally back up then re-install files, music, etc?

I'm afraid that as far as computer hardware goes, a lot of the parts rely on the fact that it's all one piece and hasn't been bodged by a proverbial guy in a proverbial shed. I've been there, it doesn't work. Optical drives are precision instruments, but despite that they're also quite cheap. You won't have to change any files if you get the same model of the drive, and if you get a new one, you'd only have to add in a new driver, which I would think the company would do for you.

~ W ~

sigzi.png