F2P Mage combat training

De_Lille_D

I want to get the most efficient way to train magic and hp in f2p (= taken into account both time and cost).

I have 60+ mining; so you could aprox how much time is worth to me.

My stats now:

Magic: 42

HP: 54

def: 49

pray: 1

So, where and with what spell should i train. It doesn't necessarily need to make me money...

You should probably do the highest spell in your spellbook at fist of guthix. Sure it may be slow xp, but if you get enough tokens, you can get the combat robes which supply the runes for a spell at random. Also cursing would be an ok option.

You could FoG for semi-AFKable xp with free runes. If you want, PM me and I'll send you my quick and dirty guide to FoG xp.

Otherwise, there aren't many other good ways for doing combat magic in F2P. It's really just about picking a safespot monster and hitting them with fire strike or fire bolt depending on how much you want to spend. Fire blast is not really efficient at all.

Roach workers have some safe spots and have a pretty good average drop. You could also try most of the monsters in the SoS.

Also cursing would be an ok option.

Cursing does not give HP XP.

FOG is what I used so far. Sure, it's free and gives tokens, but it's pretty slow...

SO, what monsters has low mage defense and acceptable drops? Don't worry about safespots: I can safespot almost everywhere!

Hm, well Skeletons over Varrock Sewer worked pretty well for me... Or, if you have some cash, crumble undead is even better.

Yeah I don't mind spending a bit extra for extra speed. So, what undead monster and what are their drops?

Oh, well as for drops you wouldn't get any as they're on the other side of a sewer and it'd take ages to get there. The idea would be make money doing other stuff and then use that cash on better magic xp.

Im not sure any undead monsters in f2p will actually give decent drops :|

You could goto the lesser demon in mage tower and fire strike. The rune mediums can help pay off some if you bring some runes for telegrab.

Sometimes people are there to so it could turn into a competition which i find fun at times.

Causing_Fear.png

110225183300.png

"I was born an American; I will live an American; I shall die an American."Daniel Webster

I think the lesser demons on Crandor/Karamja are more interesting: you can pick up drops and there are more of them.

I'm concerned that they might have good magic def though...

So far, bolting lesser near Elvarg seems best.

Yes, Ankou count as undead.

Well, since you mentioned low magic defence in one of your posts, maging Lesser Demons in Karamja Volcano is sort of a viable option.

Their drops are quite decent, and there are several safespots.

Also, you honestly do not need to use prayer, so why mention it?

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

All combat spells give HP xp.

OK, so on one side we got crumble undead ankous, which drop death runes pretty often I think, but have annoying safespots (you have to make them unagressive, which means waiting 20 minutes behind a door).

On the other side, we got lessers near Elvarg: an ocassional rune med drop, easy safespots, but no crumble undead ...

Does anyone have other alternatives?

You don't need them to be unaggressive if you kill them near the door safespot.