Runecrafting Guide - An Insiders Look at Runecrafting

Speedsktr

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Sonic! Is it alright if i add this into the GOP section? (with credit of course)

~Speed

Yep, go right ahead! :D

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Congrats on the AOW, Speed! :D

Thanks as always Sonic =] And congrats yourself, I see your rc guide made it to AOW too =] Maybe we'll get some new people rcing. =P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice guide...very clear. :)

About the ZMI altar...at a regular bank, you can fill your pouches with the bank window open. Can you do that at ZMI? If so it would save the time and runes that it takes to re-open the bank because you could fill everything at once...although I don't know if you can fill a familiar with the bank window open (my summoning lvl is practically nil )

• 1 month later...

**Updated abyssal section with a warning and reccomendations dealing with the return of the wildy. Also added in a few notes on filling pouches in the bank interface (little late on that one ;) sorry) **

Happy Runecrafting =)

~Speed

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question. I was Graahking and I seemed to only get about 10-15k exp per hour AT BEST.

Why do people always mention about 30k per hour or something when I do this thing very fast and yet can't do it...

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question. I was Graahking and I seemed to only get about 10-15k exp per hour AT BEST.

Why do people always mention about 30k per hour or something when I do this thing very fast and yet can't do it...

Hi Amonitas!

Okay, well based on my times I do get an average of 29k xp an hour as a lot of people do, but take into account that this was before the bank update of filling pouches in bank interface. (I havent runecrafted much since because Im working on slayer.) With this update that xp/hr rate may increase to somewhere around 34k (just a guesstimate....) Anyway, I took the liberty of looking at your skill levels and I think I have found the problem. You currently only have 57 runecrafting, which does not give you access to a large pouch. As such you are not able to create as many runes in one trip as people getting around 30k xp/hr thereby decreasing the runes you can make in an hour and cutting your xp/hour rate. When you get around 75 runecrafting you should be able to reach a better rate of xp. I hope this answer helped, and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Best Wishes and Happy Runecrafting!

Speed :roll:

Also, @jmilljr24 - Thank you for that suggestion! If i knew how to use mouse keys I would definitley give it a shot, runecrafting took quite a toll on my wrist for a while and getting out of that would have been fantastic :P

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes that must be it! Thanks a lot.

Anyways, I greatly prefer abyssing Law Runes over Graahking. I find it a lot more fun and profitable and give more experience and without having to use a graahk.

Would you find this a good way or is it a bad thing to do?

Amonitas.png

Oh yes that must be it! Thanks a lot.

Anyways, I greatly prefer abyssing Law Runes over Graahking. I find it a lot more fun and profitable and give more experience and without having to use a graahk.

Would you find this a good way or is it a bad thing to do?

I personally did laws all the way until 82 runecrafting, needed the money and I enjoyed abyss, not to mention I didnt have the ability to use a graahk. I think you should stick with whatever method of runecrafting you enjoy the most, not only will it be more enjoyable to train, but you're more likely to train at a better rate and keep with it for longer. =) Enjoy runecrafting, thats the best thing you can do.

The thing is that I don't lol.

How would you motivate in such skill?

Do I just have to do it long enough until it feels natural and it doesn't feel so hard. In every skill the first hours suck, but now I can do them 10 hours straight easily.

Amonitas.png

The thing is that I don't lol.

How would you motivate in such skill?

Do I just have to do it long enough until it feels natural and it doesn't feel so hard. In every skill the first hours suck, but now I can do them 10 hours straight easily.

Something to note before I start on my spiel .... I HATED runecrafting at first, I had 28 runecrafting or lower for probably the first 4 years I played, but then the fally diary came out... and well - I wanted the pretty shield. By the time I had made it to 66 runecrafting, I was in love.

•  
  • A great motivation for runecrafting in particular is the profit the theory behind this is obviously -- Im making money = good thing ;)

• Another motivation I found is picking some random person, even if they dont know it (be stealth about it... :shades:), and race them. Try to bank faster, make it to the altar faster, just be faster. Competition is a natural human instinct so if you give yourself the sense of competition, not only will you work faster, you will be more motivated to do better. It really makes the time fly when you're trying to beat someone in speed.

• Music helps a lot (later on when you're better... you can even watch tv or a movie - I do anyway), find some upbeat music and enjoy yourself!

• Joining a clan chat helps tons as well, not only is it easy to type, but you can talk to multiple people at once, and dont have to concentrate so much on "bank. get ess. exit bank. fill pouch. bank. get ess. exit. run. etc...." it becomes more of an automatic thing that you dont really have to think much about.

• Give yourself an easy goal!

Maybe say, I want to make 5k laws today, or something like, I want to get to 60 runecrafting (i forget your level atm). Make it something easy and it will be easier to see yourself achieving the goal.

Dont automatically say "I want 99 runecrafting!" because that will make it near impossible. If I had thought, "only 2,000,000 more natures to go! from the start" well I never would have made it needless to say. Who has that kind of patience? I sure dont.

With time, make the goals a little more challenging say, 15k laws a day, or (when you're 92 or close) I want to make 200k natures this week. - Which really isnt that much, though now it will seem like it.

In the end, giving yourself a goal will give you self-motivation to achieve whatever you have set out to do.

Im sure there are plenty of other ways out there that people use to motivate themselves to runecraft, or fletch, whatever it is. These are only the first few that popped into my mind. I hope they help a little bit at least!

~Speed :D

Wow! I really appreciate your effort for writing all of that! I will definitely attempt Runecrafting 60 today. I try to find some cool music, talk on my clan chat and try to do that race :)

I hope it helps.

Amonitas.png

Wow! I really appreciate your effort for writing all of that! I will definitely attempt Runecrafting 60 today. I try to find some cool music, talk on my clan chat and try to do that race :)

I hope it helps.

You're welcome, and best of luck! If you have any more questions, feel free to ask, I love to help =)

Yeah I did it! :D

Thanks for your support it really helped me find the thing for for this skill. Now I want to go on and achieve higher levels too!

Amonitas.png

I have a question about the ZMI. Is it worth it? I mean I have to do Lunar Diplomacy and get a few craft levels for it.

I favor exp over profit. How much better would ZMI be compared to Graahking and do you recommend it?

Amonitas.png