Runecrafting Guide - An Insiders Look at Runecrafting

Speedsktr

The benefit comes when emptying that first pouch. Do you see how he has to move his pointer down to get to the empty option? The way I have my pouches set up, that is not a factor. The pouches are positioned so its not necessary. To be quite frank, the methods are hardly different at all, and really dont need this much discussion, if you want to continue this debate/discussion message me or something, I dont think we should be taking up posts arguing about methods. Im open to change trust me, but I really dont have the time to change my whole guide for something so small and insignificant. especially since his runecrafting trip was only faster than mine due to the huge lag i have when teleporting, other than those under 2 seconds of lag, the trips were identical, it really is only a matter of preferance because there is little to no difference in the outcome.

The first click and mouse movement downward can be done during the first crafting of runes, since you can right click while the animation is occurring. Therefore, this method is still easier and faster than yours. The L method has 1 mouse movement during the animation, and one after, while your method has both mouse movements after the animation.

K, let's be honest - your following in the footsteps of the number one rcer because hes exactly that....he rc's alot and by his vid obviously has no lag on his comuter what so ever and by the way his mouse moves, has a gaming mouse - on a standard computer that most of us have there is going to be a significant amount of lag when emptying pouches, and this is only aplified by the type of mouse we have and effected more so by the recent changes in how clicks are managed in rs, especially right clicks. Now...under basic and the "most" used computer specs and normal quality internet connection, its going to be easier to move horizontally on your computer in the same continous motion, instead of changing directions on a different plane of motion. Not only this, because of the repetativness of rc, people become drousy and inattentive. I've even calculated most of my calcutations that speeds (I'm editor) has in her guide with certain percent losses per hour due to this - about 4 percent. Under most circumstances, her way is prefered because its 3 identical clicks, saving you computer lag and saving yourself the nessessity to pay more close attention. You may disagree, but just because its been proven faster by some rcers, does not make it better to the general public, and I'm willing to bet I'd beat you in a rcing race, using her method. If you save half a second doing it your way, I'll make up for it in less loss due to attention and computer lag. This isn't really even worth debate, your out of your league here. You have a reasonable rc level but have no rs theory behind your statements. Yes, theres rs theory and how to play the game well. I'm sorry your too stubborn to drop a debate over a half of a second when in the long run, it will save you no time alone. Ill say this now, stop wasting posts with this pointless debate. If you wish to flame a thread, go spend hours making one yourself and I'll gladly come rip it apart for you so you can argue your methods. Until then, move along.

Thanks,

Stiggy75

Stiggy75.png

Stiggy75.png

Stiggy75.png

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K, let's be honest - your following in the footsteps of the number one rcer because hes exactly that....he rc's alot and by his vid obviously has no lag on his comuter what so ever and by the way his mouse moves, has a gaming mouse

Actually, I did not get this piece of runecrafting advice from him, it was just a video I found that shows the method. He's not the fastest runecrafter out there either.

- on a standard computer that most of us have there is going to be a significant amount of lag when emptying pouches, and this is only aplified by the type of mouse we have and effected more so by the recent changes in how clicks are managed in rs, especially right clicks. Now...under basic and the "most" used computer specs and normal quality internet connection, its going to be easier to move horizontally on your computer in the same continous motion, instead of changing directions on a different plane of motion. Not only this, because of the repetativness of rc, people become drousy and inattentive. I've even calculated most of my calcutations that speeds (I'm editor) has in her guide with certain percent losses per hour due to this - about 4 percent. Under most circumstances, her way is prefered because its 3 identical clicks, saving you computer lag and saving yourself the nessessity to pay more close attention. You may disagree, but just because its been proven faster by some rcers, does not make it better to the general public, and I'm willing to bet I'd beat you in a rcing race, using her method. If you save half a second doing it your way, I'll make up for it in less loss due to attention and computer lag.

If your computer is laggier, it's even better to use the L method, as it is simpler as well as faster. You think you'd beat me in a rc race, how many nats do you do per hour? (completely off topic and immature but k)

This isn't really even worth debate, your out of your league here. You gave a reasonable rc level but have no rs theory behind your statements. Yes, theres rs theory and how to play the game well. I'm sorry your too stubborn to drop a debate over a half of a second when in the long run, it will save you no time alone. Ill say this now, stop wasting posts with this pointless debate. If you wish to flame a thread, go spend hours making one yourself and I'll glad come rip it apart for you so you can argue your methods. Until then, move along.

Thanks,

Stiggy75

I feel like the person posting the guide is out of their league, because this is one of the most basic runecrafting techniques out there. The OP is being stubborn, and won't acknowledge the correct method.

Is telling someone they're wrong flaming?

[hide=flame warz]

K, let's be honest - your following in the footsteps of the number one rcer because hes exactly that....he rc's alot and by his vid obviously has no lag on his comuter what so ever and by the way his mouse moves, has a gaming mouse

Actually, I did not get this piece of runecrafting advice from him, it was just a video I found that shows the method. He's not the fastest runecrafter out there either.

- on a standard computer that most of us have there is going to be a significant amount of lag when emptying pouches, and this is only aplified by the type of mouse we have and effected more so by the recent changes in how clicks are managed in rs, especially right clicks. Now...under basic and the "most" used computer specs and normal quality internet connection, its going to be easier to move horizontally on your computer in the same continous motion, instead of changing directions on a different plane of motion. Not only this, because of the repetativness of rc, people become drousy and inattentive. I've even calculated most of my calcutations that speeds (I'm editor) has in her guide with certain percent losses per hour due to this - about 4 percent. Under most circumstances, her way is prefered because its 3 identical clicks, saving you computer lag and saving yourself the nessessity to pay more close attention. You may disagree, but just because its been proven faster by some rcers, does not make it better to the general public, and I'm willing to bet I'd beat you in a rcing race, using her method. If you save half a second doing it your way, I'll make up for it in less loss due to attention and computer lag.

If your computer is laggier, it's even better to use the L method, as it is simpler as well as faster. You think you'd beat me in a rc race, how many nats do you do per hour? (completely off topic and immature but k)

This isn't really even worth debate, your out of your league here. You gave a reasonable rc level but have no rs theory behind your statements. Yes, theres rs theory and how to play the game well. I'm sorry your too stubborn to drop a debate over a half of a second when in the long run, it will save you no time alone. Ill say this now, stop wasting posts with this pointless debate. If you wish to flame a thread, go spend hours making one yourself and I'll glad come rip it apart for you so you can argue your methods. Until then, move along.

Thanks,

Stiggy75

I feel like the person posting the guide is out of their league, because this is one of the most basic runecrafting techniques out there. The OP is being stubborn, and won't acknowledge the correct method.

[/hide]

You obviously don't understand. It is his personal preference and he finds it faster, if he stated that at the beginning of the guide it doesn't mean he is telling you WHAT to do, just giving you a few options as to HOW YOU DO IT. This isn't set in stone, and its half a bloody second; this is ridiculous.

Getting back to what I was GOING to say...

Great guide. I don't runecraft much but I'll get back into it sometime next year, possibly after I finish mining. I'm a sucker for the harder skills :P. I'll definitely be using this guide as much as I can. I like your personal preferences and I will probably use your methods, cause my computr isn't the best and a few that you've suggested cater well to my internet connection :).

Until next year :lol:.

disturbeda.png

Thanks,

Stiggy75

Glad thats clarified on the Rcer's speed in that video. Regardless - point stands that that method used saves no time in the long run. You took a red herring approach to my points and for the most part ignored them, and just said they were better and gave no new reason. I stated my facts about Rcing, and you have nothing to say about them and have no support for yours. I already answered as to why in a laggy situation her method would be better, your just going in circles. As to your question about my rcing, I have even gone as far as choosing not to graahk rc because I don't find it worthwhile in the long run for my playing experience over Abyss rcing. Your numbers are based on graahk, mine on abyss - Check my sig, 1 sum. If graahking was so significantly better I would have considered sum, its just not in my opinion. Which beings me to my next point, your opinion has been heard, you've been told what action will be taken and you continue to waste our time with these posts. As i said, go write your guide and I'll come pick it apart for you if you want to flame. No its not flaming to tell someone there wrong, however, your continuing the discussion furture then we care to hear and being stubborn yourself. If your method was that important, we'd add it, but in the main scheam of things, it saves no time.

And no, it wasn't off topic and immature - your imploying a straw-man to discredit her guide, when it is one of the best opinion based ones out there. Much time was spent in the guide. Im dissapointed that an avid Rcer would go to such extremes to cut down a 9000 word guide over a few sentances which yeild no significant changes. If its that important to you, don't use her technique, but don't waste our time flaming her thread.

Happy Rcing,

Stiggy75

Stiggy75.png

Stiggy75.png

Stiggy75.png

Glad thats clarified on the Rcer's speed in that video. Regardless - point stands that that method used saves no time in the long run. You took a red herring approach to my points and for the most part ignored them, and just said they were better and gave no new reason. I stated my facts about Rcing, and you have nothing to say about them and have no support for yours. I already answered as to why in a laggy situation her method would be better, your just going in circles. As to your question about my rcing, I have even gone as far as choosing not to graahk rc because I don't find it worthwhile in the long run for my playing experience over Abyss rcing. Your numbers are based on graahk, mine on abyss - Check my sig, 1 sum. If graahking was so significantly better I would have considered sum, its just not in my opinion. Which beings me to my next point, your opinion has been heard, you've been told what action will be taken and you continue to waste our time with these posts. As i said, go write your guide and I'll come pick it apart for you if you want to flame. No its not flaming to tell someone there wrong, however, your continuing the discussion furture then we care to hear and being stubborn yourself. If your method was that important, we'd add it, but in the main scheam of things, it saves no time.

And no, it wasn't off topic and immature - your imploying a straw-man to discredit her guide, when it is one of the best opinion based ones out there. Much time was spent in the guide. Im dissapointed that an avid Rcer would go to such extremes to cut down a 9000 word guide over a few sentances which yeild no significant changes. If its that important to you, don't use her technique, but don't waste our time flaming her thread.

Happy Rcing,

Stiggy75

I pursue this line of arguing because she said she was not aware of this method, and is open minded. I can objectively prove that the L method is better, so I do not see what is wrong with explaining why it is better.

So, you say her method is better if your computer is laggier. That is false.

Her method requires these mouse actions (after the animation of the 1st craft finishes): left click, move right, right click, left click, move right, right click, left click

The L method requires these mouse actions: left click, right click, left click, move right, right click, left click

Notice the L configuration requires LESS mouse movement.

This DOES matter, as it is easier to do, and faster. You wouldn't tell people to put pouches at the corners of their inventory would you? Same deal.

And graahk is definitely worth it, abyss maxes at about 6k nats/hour, while graahk is 7k.

Happy Rcing,

Stiggy75

I pursue this line of arguing because she said she was not aware of this method, and is open minded. I can objectively prove that the L method is better, so I do not see what is wrong with explaining why it is better.

So, you say her method is better if your computer is laggier. That is false.

Her method requires these mouse actions (after the animation of the 1st craft finishes): left click, move right, right click, left click, move right, right click, left click

The L method requires these mouse actions: left click, right click, left click, move right, right click, left click

Notice the L configuration requires LESS mouse movement.

This DOES matter, as it is easier to do, and faster. You wouldn't tell people to put pouches at the corners of their inventory would you? Same deal.

And graahk is definitely worth it, abyss maxes at about 6k nats/hour, while graahk is 7k.

You forget the change in planes of direction which causes lag and the awareness required to employ yours. And no, please don't use disgusting exagerations to argue with me, big difference if you put it in all 4 corners. And about graahking - yes worth it to most - I find it impairs my playing experience tho - not nessessarly the nats made per hour but the whole idea of sum and graahking - very distastful in my opinion - as i said, my own personal playing expereince.

As for her openmindedness - she acknowledged your post - and finds it unworthy of adding to her guide. Her guide - quit flaming it. If she was dead wrong she would be more thean happy to ad mit it and change her error - as I've said though, in the long run - it won't save you any time. End of discussion, please take your posts elsewhere.

Avid Rcer,

Stiggy75

Stiggy75.png

Stiggy75.png

Stiggy75.png

You forget the change in planes of direction which causes lag and the awareness required to employ yours. And no, please don't use disgusting exagerations to argue with me, big difference if you put it in all 4 corners. And about graahking - yes worth it to most - I find it impairs my playing experience tho - not nessessarly the nats made per hour but the whole idea of sum and graahking - very distastful in my opinion - as i said, my own personal playing expereince.

As for her openmindedness - she acknowledged your post - and finds it unworthy of adding to her guide. Her guide - quit flaming it. If she was dead wrong she would be more thean happy to ad mit it and change her error - as I've said though, in the long run - it won't save you any time. End of discussion, please take your posts elsewhere.

Avid Rcer,

Stiggy75

The downward motion is while you are running to altar and the animation is going, you have plenty of time to make the vertical movement, even on a horrendous computer. Of course this saves you time, a fraction of a second sure (more since her method is more prone to error), but the point is, if there are 2 ways to do something, and 1 way is better, that way should be the guide.

For the last time, it is the personal preference of the author of this guide to use the row setup, and she clearly wrote that it was her preference, as well as lots of things in the guide. It's a guide to help, not a guide to tell you exactly what to do. You're making a huge hissy fit about one little tiny aspect of this whole guide.

Maybe a simple request to have it be put in the guide would be nice, but you've really taken this whole ordeal way out of context.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

For the last time, it is the personal preference of the author of this guide to use the row setup, and she clearly wrote that it was her preference, as well as lots of things in the guide. It's a guide to help, not a guide to tell you exactly what to do. You're making a huge hissy fit about one little tiny aspect of this whole guide.

Maybe a simple request to have it be put in the guide would be nice, but you've really taken this whole ordeal way out of context.

Once again Thank You Cod, like I said I appreciate it very much. And if I may add, in a previous post I said

"I am in no way demeaning your method of "L" setup, however this is the way i have made my guide and that is the way i will keep it. Sorry for any offense, however I do not have the time to create whole new screenies for this guide that took me hours and hours to make because of one person's opinion that I am doing it wrong. I will gladly add a section in the Tips and Tricks about the L setup if you care to explain it your way, you will get credit after the explanation if this is what you chose. however other than that, i am sorry but i have way too much to do in real life than to spend my time arguing and remaking a guide."

So once again I will make the offer, If you would like to make a short explanation to the method of "L" runecrafting, I will gladly add it to the guide, in the section I deem it belongs, however I will not under any circumstances be completly rewriting and recoding this entire guide for new screenies when there is really no point to the entire argument. Like I stated, I have way too much to do in real life for school and work than to recreate a whole guide because of something so miniscule and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

With this post, this WILL be the end of this argument, decide if you would like to write an explanation for me to add into the guide (again, this will be credited to you) and if so send it to me either through PM on here or leave a post. With that being said, enjoy the Holiday season.

mj5gp.png

Figure 1 is the pouch setup. Figure 2 shows what your mouse will look like as you're waiting for the animation of the first runes crafting to finish. You'll notice empty pouch for the medium pouch is on the same exact line as the empty pouch as the empty pouch for the large one. Meaning, after the animation finishes, you:

left click [empties medium pouch]

right click

left click [empties large pouch]

move your mouse right slightly

right click

left click [empties giant pouch]

No need to credit me, but there it is.

Also note this might not be THE best method, there are some other methods that take game ticks into consideration, but this setup is the most common and is simpler, faster, and more reliable that the one you posted.

Thank you very much, I will edit your explanation into the guide as soon as I get home from my appointment.

Also, please keep in mind, everyone is different. What may be easy for one person, is not always the case for another. Either way, thank you for the explanation, I will add it into the guide somewhere, I havnt quite decided yet but dont worry it will not be overlooked. I will also make a note where I explained why I use the set up that I do that there is an additional set up, and will say where in the guide it can be located. As for the credit, there will be some credit given, I know its not your own personal method, however because you wrote the explanation and provided the diagram it is only right that you recieve some credit. Anyone who provides the smallest bit of change to this guide will recieve credit for it.

*The Method has been edited in, it is located in the Pouches and Pouch Strategy Section under 3 Pouch Runecrafting*

• 1 month later...

A Runecrafting Profit and Xp per hour Calculator has been added to this guide, it can be found under the "Runecrafting Strategies" section. Enjoy!

Happy Runecrafting! ^^ (Jan 31 2010)

Hi again :)

So, after achieving 91 Runecrafting recently, I've been getting into seeing what my average rates are for different Runecrafting. And this evening I decided to try out Abyssal Natures, 4 pouches + familiar, 3 pouches, and 4 pouches.

And, my results:

4 pouches and Lurker - 6,334 natures per hour

3 pouches - 5,880 natures per hour

4 pouches - I didn't actually test this, but I was able to calculate with a few estimations, that it'd be around 5,600-5,700 natures per hour

Obviously with 91+ Rc. I did take averages, and included time to repair pouches as well. Anyways, I had never seen any data on what methods were technically the best, so decided to test it out a little bit. Also, in case anyone argues against it :P

Through the Abyss, 4 pouches and a familiar is the best by far. And then 3 pouches just barely beats out 4 pouches :P

And so far, my best hour of timed Graahk Rcing, 6,832 natures in 59 minutes and 56 seconds :D

Keep up your Runecrafting :)

codguy.png

Codguy.png

-sigh- stupid brother crashed the internet on me just as i hit post, just my luck...

anyway, uber grats on 91 runecrafting! thats awesome news, keep up all the great work, and good luck on 99.

also, you have some pretty good times there, quite fast when all is said and done - and if its alright with you, you gave me an idea of something i could add to my recently added calculator, a column for Runes crafted per hour... cant believe that never even crossed my mind until you said that, but its an excellent point, and I'd love to add it.

Thanks for the update!

Happy Runecrafting!! ^^

• 1 month later...

I didn't know a preference/opinion could be wrong.

Anyways, I would love it if you could make a chart of the estimated Gp/Hour chart. I could do it myself, but I'm a lazy cabbage.

Nice guide, but I don't see the need for all of those different posts. Makes me have to scroll down further,

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

A chart of the GP/Hour can be found in my signature or under the Runecrafting Strategies section of this guide. Its a google docs spreadsheet, just look under the column Profit/Hour. Hope this helps!

As for all the different posts, that was just how i had it originally on my old clan site, because they had a character limit. I'll probably change it to be honest, it is a lot of scrolling.

One thing though, am i able to delete those extraneous posts after i condense them into 1 post? I havent found a delete post button... would be great if someone could point me in that direction.

Happy Runecrafting!

If you want your posts removed, report them once you have finished and we will be happy to do it for you.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If you want your posts removed, report them once you have finished and we will be happy to do it for you.

Thank you! I'll do that then =)

@3PointMan

I'll try to update that as well after I combine them all into one post. Should be able to have that done later on tonight. Thanks for the suggestion - honestly forgot that was even there =P

~Speed

Happy Runecrafting ^^

A chart of the GP/Hour can be found in my signature or under the Runecrafting Strategies section of this guide. Its a google docs spreadsheet, just look under the column Profit/Hour. Hope this helps!

Sorry, didn't see. Thanks

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

this is brilliant, thanks!

Thank you =]

@pantim

Not a problem, Its kinda hidden =) Hope its what you were looking for.

Happy Holidays Everyone! ^^

Looks like a very well made guide, lots of information and well-defined, good job! :)

I must say I did use the 'L-Setup' that has been mentioned previously for pouches all the way to 99, I definitely did find it better in my case to use, so it's nice to see that information's there for anyone who wants to try it!

I was also interested to see that pouch-repair is now available via Lunar NPC-Contact. Do you happen to know if this is more viable to use than Abyssal-repairs? Factoring in the time taken to repair without moving as well as the extra run you'd get via the Abyss.

Thanks! And as for the abyssal repairs to the lunar cast repairs, It is faster for me to repair using NPC contact, but I suppose, like the pouch setup, It highly depends on who it is behind the screen. I would reccomend testing it out a few times for yourself to check. But I do personally find it faster - plus i dont get owned in the abyss in my non-armored rcing state so its really win win for me. But like i said, depends on the person. Give it a shot both ways =] Id love to see your opinion on it.

• 3 weeks later...

About your GOP section, I see you said that there's too many variations of strategies. Well, it definitely is random, but not SO random. :P

- On small (air, fire, nature) altars, always stand beside the altar, and use the attractor's wand to easily score points. Don't bother with defense (barriers, repelling) here, as you'll just waste your time.

- On large (mind, earth, chaos) altars, defense is a must. You can seriously hinder your opponent's orbs if you continue to spam-repel their orbs into a corner. On the earth altar, I've once repelled all 3 opponent's orbs into a small hole and barrier'd them, and the other team only managed to score 1 orb in total. :D

- On the medium (water, body) altars, play a mix of both offense and defense.

- Craft all essence on the air altar, as you will be getting A LOT here. Also, craft all on body (if F2P) or nature (if P2P). Don't bother with mind, earth, or chaos - craft these at the water, fire/body, and nature altars, respectively.

- If your team is at a disadvantage (the other team has 6 players and yours only has 2 or even 1), continue playing! Finishing the game with a low amount of ess and tokens is better than quitting mid-game and getting a time penalty with no tokens.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention