Runecrafting Guide - An Insiders Look at Runecrafting

Speedsktr

I have a question about the ZMI. Is it worth it? I mean I have to do Lunar Diplomacy and get a few craft levels for it.

I favor exp over profit. How much better would ZMI be compared to Graahking and do you recommend it?

ZMI is definitely much faster than any other kind of runecrafting, but like all rcing, your levels will affect the amount of xp you will get. Not only do pouches make a huge difference, in ZMI the runes you make depend on your level. Higher lvl = More Higher leveled runes = More xp. It will be faster no matter what, however you may actually lose money at 60. Either way, it will get you to a higher rc level faster than can be expected any other way. If you'd like I'd say give it a shot, lunar diplomacy isnt a bad quest and its a good one to have done =)

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I intend to do all quests when I can anyways, but the reason I haven't got Lunar is because Crafting is [cabbage] to train. But I will try it out when I can.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

Well I intend to do all quests when I can anyways, but the reason I haven't got Lunar is because Crafting is [cabbage] to train. But I will try it out when I can.

Good luck, its really not all that bad =P Feel free to add me in game if you'd like - I dont generally have my private chat on, normally on friends, but I'll be happy to answer any more questions you may have. Love seeing people interested in runecrafting =)

Good luck, its really not all that bad =P Feel free to add me in game if you'd like - I dont generally have my private chat on, normally on friends, but I'll be happy to answer any more questions you may have. Love seeing people interested in runecrafting =)

Do you have any approximations of exp/hour for ZMI?

With or without the banking with a full bank.

Thanks!

capt%20kevin.png

Do you have any approximations of exp/hour for ZMI?

With or without the banking with a full bank.

Thanks!

I personally dont have any approximations that I tested myself, I didnt do much zmi crafting while runecrafting because I didnt much like it. But I did a quick google search and I came up with these numbers. Hope they help a bit.

60-74 Runecrafting: 23k-27k xp/hr

75-83 Runecrafting: 31k-35k xp/hr

84-90 Runecrafting: 36k-42k xp/hr

These numbers do not take into account familiars. I personally find these may be a tad bit low, they seem like numbers that would be without a full bank. However I dont know how the poster came to arrive at them besides the familiars. Sorry I couldnt be more of a help.

If you can use magic imbue and balloon system, mud rune is much better xp and money.

With giant pouch its 40k xp per hour and mud rune is 450 gp atm

I've never actually done combination runes. If you wouldnt mind writing a little blurb about how to do it I would love to add it into the guide (with credit to you).

Basically you wield tiara, binding necklace, ring of duelling and steam staff, with astral runes, water runes, a willow log, pouches and pure ess in inventory.

astral and steam staff for magic imbue, necklace for 100% conversion (15 charges per necklace), water runes and pure ess for making mud runes, ring for tele and log for balloon

Start at castle war, run NE to the balloon and travel to Varrock, then run east and into the alter, cast magic imbue and use water rune on the altar to craft mud rune. when you have finished tele to castle war with ring of duelling and bank. Its about 45 seconds per trip and each mud rune yield 9.5xp, so crafting mud runes give ~40k xp per hour.

Basically you wield tiara, binding necklace, ring of duelling and steam staff, with astral runes, water runes, a willow log, pouches and pure ess in inventory.

astral and steam staff for magic imbue, necklace for 100% conversion (15 charges per necklace), water runes and pure ess for making mud runes, ring for tele and log for balloon

Start at castle war, run NE to the balloon and travel to Varrock, then run east and into the alter, cast magic imbue and use water rune on the altar to craft mud rune. when you have finished tele to castle war with ring of duelling and bank. Its about 45 seconds per trip and each mud rune yield 9.5xp, so crafting mud runes give ~40k xp per hour.

Thank you! =) I'll add that into the guide, make a new section or something... not quite sure where.

Forgot to leave an update message o.o.

I added a new section to the guide on Mud Rune Runecrafting, It's rather short, but it gets the point across. Hope you all like it. Credit goes to dpc for the wonderfulness that is that section =)

Thanks for reading!

~Speed

I tried that Mud rune thing. It seems to be like over 300k money per hour and better exp than Graahk. And it's more fun. Great find! Thanks!

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

• 3 weeks later...