Sonic's F2P Runecrafting Guide

Youmu

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One more doubt. Earth runes are priced at 37 each and water at 38. So isnt the earth altar closer to a bank, when compared to water? Wouldnt it give more profit/hr?

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

nahhh ill continue mis-spelling

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

sigs by: woopidoo2|yaff2|4be2jue|me|guthix121

One more doubt. Earth runes are priced at 37 each and water at 38. So isnt the earth altar closer to a bank, when compared to water? Wouldnt it give more profit/hr?

You make more water runes per ess at your level (3 waters, 2 earths). And assuming you cabbage-port, the distance between the water altar and earth altar isn't that great (about 20 sec difference). Therefore, you will make more money with waters.

Exp wise though, earths are better, especially when combined with gloves!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• 3 weeks later...

This may be useful to some.... Making body tiaras can give up to 21k xp per hour... Method: Tele to barb village using skulll sceptre... run to altar and make tiaras... tele to dungeoneering (the ring tele)... use bank and repeat.... 1 run takes 1 minute 30 seconds. This of course does not account for how long it take to get sceptre.. However, its not that bad training range on the first three floors to get the parts then training regular combat on ankou

Donate to S_U__O__M_I !!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO tiaras are wayy too expensive to be used for rcing.... But its good exp if you own a phat or something :P

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

nahhh ill continue mis-spelling

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

sigs by: woopidoo2|yaff2|4be2jue|me|guthix121

• 4 weeks later...

Explorer's Ring 2/3 no longer gives extra EXP. So, the only reason to wear a ER2/3 is for Cabbage Port, but even then I don't reccomend using that method for waters. You also need more methods on Tabbing, and Ring of Kinship with it. You may also get into F keys, mousekeys, how your bank is set up and your settings for maximum RC speed. Oh, and the only reason for a tally staff would be to wear an extra tiara while doing body tiaras. You may also want to make a spreadsheet with tiara prices gp/exp and other things. If you wanted, I could try to make it :P Good guide overall though.

Killhim9612.png

Explorer's Ring 2/3 no longer gives extra EXP. So, the only reason to wear a ER2/3 is for Cabbage Port, but even then I don't reccomend using that method for waters. You also need more methods on Tabbing, and Ring of Kinship with it. You may also get into F keys, mousekeys, how your bank is set up and your settings for maximum RC speed. Oh, and the only reason for a tally staff would be to wear an extra tiara while doing body tiaras. You may also want to make a spreadsheet with tiara prices gp/exp and other things. If you wanted, I could try to make it :P Good guide overall though.

The ring is glitched as far as I know so I'm leaving that up there. Also cabbageporting IS the best method for water runes.

Tabbing, I need to get more GOP tokens for me to effectively test this. I heard that the shortened trips is not worth the time it takes to get the tabs though.

F keys and mousekeys, I don't use these and I don't think it's particularly needed for runecrafting. As for the bank, just place your ess at the bottom right corner of your bank.

Talisman staff, I personally own one and I think it's just like a tiara worn in the hand spot so it's pretty obsolete.

Spreadsheets kill my brain. x.x but if you want to make one for me, that would be great! :thumbup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Wearing an extra tiara is pointless, as you won't have an extra space for the body talisman to fuse it with.

Assuming yer tabbing Body Tiaras, 27 spots left open. 28 with Tiara worn. Also, pretty sure ring isn't glitched. For waters Tabbing IS the best method. They're worth the time taken, assuming yer alright at gop or have a good partner. With 50/50...I have no idea. You should put up a thing about assisting btw. Gaudy outfits/Phats/Tally Staff (if yer not alching, which you should be) and RC robes help. And for tabbing F-Keys allows you to easily switch to worn items to DG tele.

Killhim9612.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nice guide mate. Isn't the path for mind runes from Edge bank to alter and back shorter than the Falador path (if not using teleport runes)?

Otherwise great job.

Amitoz.png

Come to my Clan chat (I'm there if I'm online) if you wish to borrow a Green H'ween mask, Blue H'ween Mask, Red H'ween Mask, or Santa for a reasonable price.

Nice guide mate. Isn't the path for mind runes from Edge bank to alter and back shorter than the Falador path (if not using teleport runes)?

Otherwise great job.

Nope there isn't a musician along the Edgeville path, effectively making it "longer" than Falador.

I've also timed Edgeville and it happens to be about the same as Falador without musician/resting of any kind.

Also Edgeville is deadly for lvl 3 skillers because of the wildy path needed.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 1 month later...

Yes. Yes. Yes! Yes! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Explorer ring glitch is officially fixed now. This applies for ALL rings (2/3/4). Have fun again rcers :thumbsup:

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Yes. Yes. Yes! Yes! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Explorer ring glitch is officially fixed now. This applies for ALL rings (2/3/4). Have fun again rcers :thumbsup:

+1

I've been waiting for this for forever =P~

notthemightiesttreeuj3.png

+-------------------------+

| . . . . Pure F2P . . . .|

| sig8.png |

| 73 74 73 75 70 86 65 80 |

| sig9.png |

| 85 80 80 80 80 80 80 65 |

| Combat: 092 Total: 1235 |

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice guide!

Here's a tip I read somewhere for anyone wanting to make more profit by not having to buy the ess:

Needed:

1. GOP teletabs

2. altar teletabs

3. rune pickaxe

4. explorer ring 3/4

5. rc gloves (if doing air/water/earth)

Steps:

1. tele to GOP using GOP teletab

2. run down to Sedridor and mine ess

3. tele to desired altar using teletab

4. repeat upon availability of teletabs

Mining ess is fairly quick.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this is old news ,but the Water Altar is the closest Altar to a bank (Al Kharid) for F2Pers since the Fremmenik ship conects the swamps to Al Kharid.

Hmm, I may need to check this out as a recent update did in fact connect the two isles to each other. Thanks for letting me know!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

I timed several runs and the result ended up to be an average of 2 min 1 sec per run.

This is obviously slower than simply cabbage-porting, and the lack of musicians don't help this route either. Therefore this method is not worth it if you have the ability to cabbage-port.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 4 weeks later...

Because the ammo is not supplied, you shouldn't be using ranged here.

In my opinion, ranged is the strongest style to use in FoG. Since most players use magic (wizard robes) and barely have any defence at all (def level is reduced), the fast ranged hits are much better than melee and magic. As long as you switch style when your oppenent uses protect prayers ;)

And about the Earth Runecrafting part, I think you can do it faster. You are talking about 47 runs per hour, while 51+ is possible :P

There are some usefull strategies to save time. I could ofcourse post them, but it's much more fun to find them out yourself. Have fun ;-)

B71AkU0.png      Fire_Hawk154.png

In my opinion, ranged is the strongest style to use in FoG. Since most players use magic (wizard robes) and barely have any defence at all (def level is reduced), the fast ranged hits are much better than melee and magic. As long as you switch style when your oppenent uses protect prayers ;)

And about the Earth Runecrafting part, I think you can do it faster. You are talking about 47 runs per hour, while 51+ is possible :P

There are some usefull strategies to save time. I could ofcourse post them, but it's much more fun to find them out yourself. Have fun ;-)

Gah, that section is so outdated... yes, ranged with adamant arrows is excellent dps, as well as gravite weaponry.

For earth runecrafting I'm not sure if 50+ runs is possible (purely teleporting, by the way). If you know those tips could you tell me? Thanks!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

As today's update added a teleport option to the vexillums, it might be faster to use that and the Fallador East bank when tabbing to the water alter as the teleport animation is much faster than the cabbage port. The clan camp seems to be almost as far away as the Draynor bank, but it might be an option for those who don't have the stats to get an Explorer's Ring 3/4 or use teleports.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

As today's update added a teleport option to the vexillums, it might be faster to use that and the Fallador East bank when tabbing to the water alter as the teleport animation is much faster than the cabbage port. The clan camp seems to be almost as far away as the Draynor bank, but it might be an option for those who don't have the stats to get an Explorer's Ring 3/4 or use teleports.

Interesting, will check on the vexillums. However, I don't have the tokens for tabs as I wasted them all on water talismans :P and for some reason I always lag out during GOP so I can't get anymore.

I'll probably do a time trial in regards to which teleport is closer to which bank. To be honest, one should use the explorer's ring 3 to craft water runes anyway. At current prices it's just not worth doing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

hey, I've found out a very effective way to lvl up Rc, I buy Rc tabs and their respective gloves, and use them along with daemonheim teleport, it's insta banking and gives nice xp/hour ratesm but you carry 2 less rune ess in your inventory.

• 3 weeks later...

hey, I've found out a very effective way to lvl up Rc, I buy Rc tabs and their respective gloves, and use them along with daemonheim teleport, it's insta banking and gives nice xp/hour ratesm but you carry 2 less rune ess in your inventory.

Getting the tabs themselves takes longer than crafting all that essence in the same amount of time, especially considering that w61 is basically a bot fest and nigh impossible to win games now.

Also just to point out, tiaras are make-x. Dunno if this is for the better or for the worse, might need to do some testing in the future. The room for messup has gone down to next to zero, however.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

From what I understand, it doesn't make crafting tiaras much faster (the animations are still the same). It's just made it a bit easier.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...