Sonic's F2P Runecrafting Guide

Youmu

Awesome guide, very well done! Thoroughly detailed and have definitely provided me with a lot more insight into F2P Runecrafting! :)

Only thing I'd mention is there's a few places where you've still got "(image here)", particularly in the Fist of Guthix and GOP section - not sure if that's still to come or just forgotten about? ;)

Yeah, I haven't taken images of those minigames yet. I will soon, don't worry - I'm kind of trapped in Dungeoneering atm. :P

And thanks jimmy_jim!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey dude, for the profits made per hr, isit assuming u buy the rune essence or u mine the rune essence urself?

It's mostly assuming that you buy the essence GE price.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

The profits made is assuming u are of a certain lvl right? and what lvl might that be for the case of earth runes

Yeah, it varies from level to level (which is why I put a range of likely numbers there).

This applies to all levels that you profit from. I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, but the max number I put on there is assuming that's the profit for 4x earths.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Congratulations! After consideration by the PMG moderating team, we have decided that your guide is worthy of AOW status! :thumbsup:

RIP Michaelangelopolous

u can control my tip it account, but youll never control how fine i am!

This is by FAR my favorite song:

I love N_odie and would never edit his posts! I love Rainy_Day too <3 And also Cowman_133. <33 Oh, and Laikrob is a going to hunt me down and kill me like a pest kangaroo if I reveal how awesome she is. I owe tripsis skittles. DarkDude feels like he's missing out. This is my siggy! - n_odie Rainy_Day MINE! - n_odie Rainy_Day And meol shouldn't feel left out. Oh, and Y_Guy is a noob awesome

Congratulations! After consideration by the PMG moderating team, we have decided that your guide is worthy of AOW status! :thumbsup:

CONGRATS Sonic!

One issue I have is that in your GOP calulations are insinuating that you win all games. Statisticly speaking, you should be able to win 50% of games so I think that should be the number you use, but hey, your guide, your call.

Very wonderful guide and if I wasn't still sick of getting 75 RC from airs in the pre-GE days I would certainly use it.

Thank you! :D

@ ilovecuttingyews: Actually, ALL my calculations on this guide are based on maximums, not just the GOP one.

@ Skittle139: Heh, thanks for pointing it out.

I still have to put some images within the minigame subsections... I'll probably get that done as soon as I get bored of Dungeoneering lol.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Stone painting o.o I like that lol

Great Guide ^^ Very clear and easy to understand. I never really did f2p rcing, its as hard as i remember it. Your level for f2p is great ^^ Never could have done that to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congrats on getting into the AoW Sonic! =D>

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! :D

I'm kinda stuck at the moment. I'm not sure whether I should put Runecrafting in Dungeoneering here...

I COULD mention the 44+ rc air rune trick, but then a lot of people know about it, and it's horrible exp...

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 1 month later...

Would using rc tablets/teleport to Daemonheim be an extremely fast way to rc?

I don't suppose so. The ring of kinship teleport isn't exactly that close to a bank (it's a fair run).

Plus, using this ring negates the benefits of the Explorer's Ring (10% more exp), so I would not say it's worth it.

But thanks for suggesting me with this method! I appreciate your help. :)

(And thanks for the PM. :P )

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

• 2 months later...

Just a slight reminder to all you runecrafting people.

When the elite diaries were released (which led to explorer ring 4), explorer's rings are glitched. For some reason they don't give out extra elemental runes anymore.

Keep this in mind next time you go rcing.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Hopefully they fix it soon... :???:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if it has been fixed yet, but it's already been a few weeks since the hard diary's release, so it probably should be by now.

Can anyone help me confirm whether it's been fixed or not? I'm kind of caught up in my own stuff lately, so I don't really have the chance to do anything runecrafting-related. Not to mention work on my dungoeneering guide. :unsure:

One thing for sure is that there aren't exactly major updates with f2p runecrafting, so this guide will probably stay here for a while.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Hello, I got a question, I want as much xp/h as possible in this skill but don't know what's the best way to do this.

I got a hell of a lot of money so don't worry about that ;).

Atm I'm making air tiara's, teleport to varrock, bank and do it all over again, I do rest near the musician.

This way I'm achieving about 15K rc xp/h.

But I was wondering, is there any minigame that's worth the time to get more xp in totall (with teletabs or whatever they are called).

So... This way: Time you use playing minigame + time you use to train the skill = most xp/h in totall for RuneCrafting?

Atm I know ways how to get 15K/h in rc forever without interrupts/preperation time.

For myself I had the feeling that playing fog wasn't worth it, but I don't know it about the other minigame.

Of all guides I've ever seen this is the best so I guess you're the most reliable person to answer this question as far as I know.

Thanks for your answers beforehand, bye deyan2 :P

Myself, I don't recommend wasting so much money on runecrafting, especially since this money can be used on other skills like prayer. But, whatever floats your boat I guess...

A game of Great Orb Project lasts 15 minutes, and winning all 6 rounds gives you 750 tokens as well as a few k rc exp. However, losing all 6 gives you 60 tokens per game, so you can get anywhere between 240 to 3000 tokens per hour.

An air teletab costs 30 tokens, which means you can get anywhere between 8 to 100 tabs per hour.

As for inventory space, this will take up 3 slots. 2 for law/fire runes (assuming you use an air staff), and 1 for all your teletabs. That means you can make 12 tiaras per trip. 25 x 12 = 300 exp per trip. You would lose 806 gp per tiara, but this hardly matters since you'll lose money anyway.

A time for a tiara trip would take longer than an essence trip, so I'll assume it's 5 seconds longer than an essence trip for this calculation. You'll be resting every 3 trips, so it's 45 + 45 + 79 = 169 seconds per 3 trips. An hour has 60 minutes which in turn has 3600 seconds. 3600 divided by 169, multiplied by 3 (remember it's a combination of the 3), is around 63.9 trips, round that up to 64 for convenience. 300 x 64 = 19200 exp at max. This is assuming you DON'T use teletabs.

Now with teletabs, you will achieve about double the original rate, although I have yet to test this. Adding teletabs makes the figure a hefty 38k exp per hour.

Back to the GOP data. Assuming you win every game, you will get 100 teletabs per hour. Since you will be getting double the runs for 38k exp per hour, you will need 128 tabs per hour for maximum efficiency. Yep, this is assuming you win EVERY game (which is unlikely).

Conclusion? Teletabs are NOT worth the time it takes to get them. ;)

I hope this helped!

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Are water runes the best, even if we get 6 airs per ess and 3 water per ess? (I am lvl 56)

If i got 1gp for everytime sum1 said the word "noob",I would have a full p hat set.

nahhh ill continue mis-spelling

iqrasoft.jpeg

^!click for blog!^

sigs by: woopidoo2|yaff2|4be2jue|me|guthix121

Are water runes the best, even if we get 6 airs per ess and 3 water per ess? (I am lvl 56)

Yes, but it's highly dependent on prices.

Water rune = 38 gp each atm -> 114 gp per crafted rune

Air rune = 13 gp each atm -> 78 gp per crafted rune

You can do airs double the speed of waters, but waters cost 3x more than airs.

This means that short-term, air runes are better, but long-term, water runes are better. Since runecrafting is more of a long-term skill, you'll benefit more from water runes.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog