Started playing RS again, some questions.

poochu

Hey guys, I started playing Runescape in 2002/03 and joined this forum in 2004 (Holy crap, 5 years ago), anyways I stopped playing early 2007 and have just started playing again. Wow everything has changed so much, anyways I've got a few questions I wouldn't mind getting answered:

• I'm after a good way on how to level up mining and smithing to around 70 each.
  • I really hate levelling agility, and I need it to do a lot of quests, I'm currently level 32 agility, I'm thinking of doing all the easy achievement diarys and using the exp rewards on agility, is that a good idea?
  • Whats the deal with raw lobbies taking ages to sell on the GE?
  • I'm level 66 mage, I'd like to train it via combat to level it up, where should I train at and what spell should I use?

Thanks much.

Poochu.png

[*] I'm after a good way on how to level up mining and smithing to around 70 each.

Powermining Granite/Sandstone or even Iron; at your level is one of the faster levelers.

Smithing; until you get used to the Blast Furnace; is a pretty big money eater. So you might want to rough it out or just start learning how to use the Blast Furnace.

[*] I really hate levelling agility, and I need it to do a lot of quests, I'm currently level 32 agility, I'm thinking of doing all the easy achievement diarys and using the exp rewards on agility, is that a good idea?

Gnome/Brimhaven Agility course until 35. Do the Barbarian Barcrawl Mini-Quest then hit the Barbarian Arena until 52 and start the Wilderness until 75. Progress onwards from there at the Ape Atoll until you hit your designated level. Or you know.. Stop when you feel like it :P

[*] Whats the deal with raw lobbies taking ages to sell on the GE?

The economy of Runescape is... Lets say.. In a particularly bad shape. Why not Fish your own and simultaneously raise your Fishing level?

[*]I'm level 66 mage, I'd like to train it via combat to level it up, where should I train at and what spell should I use?

If you have a lot of Anti Fire Potions you may want to consider maging metal Dragons with Fire Bolt/Blast with Chaos Gauntlets from the "Family Crest" quest.

That is a combat way and i guess is less tedious/dangerous instead of Bursting Rock Lobsters.

I hope i helped a little bit.. But half of these topics aren't my strong points and im sure there are other people who are nothing short of experts in those subjects on.

AnthonyWL.png

99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | 99 Woodcutting | | 99 Herblore | 99 Prayer |

| 99 Runecrafting | 99 Fletching | 99 Hitpoints | 99 Range |

Youtube: AnthonyOnRS.

[*] I'm after a good way on how to level up mining and smithing to around 70 each.

Powermining Granite/Sandstone or even Iron; at your level is one of the faster levelers.

Smithing; until you get used to the Blast Furnace; is a pretty big money eater. So you might want to rough it out or just start learning how to use the Blast Furnace.

[*] I really hate levelling agility, and I need it to do a lot of quests, I'm currently level 32 agility, I'm thinking of doing all the easy achievement diarys and using the exp rewards on agility, is that a good idea?

Gnome/Brimhaven Agility course until 35. Do the Barbarian Barcrawl Mini-Quest then hit the Barbarian Arena until 52 and start the Wilderness until 75. Progress onwards from there at the Ape Atoll until you hit your designated level. Or you know.. Stop when you feel like it :P

[*] Whats the deal with raw lobbies taking ages to sell on the GE?

The economy of Runescape is... Lets say.. In a particularly bad shape. Why not Fish your own and simultaneously raise your Fishing level?

[*]I'm level 66 mage, I'd like to train it via combat to level it up, where should I train at and what spell should I use?

If you have a lot of Anti Fire Potions you may want to consider maging metal Dragons with Fire Bolt/Blast with Chaos Gauntlets from the "Family Crest" quest.

That is a combat way and i guess is less tedious/dangerous instead of Bursting Rock Lobsters.

I hope i helped a little bit.. But half of these topics aren't my strong points and im sure there are other people who are nothing short of experts in those subjects on.

Thanks much, Yeah I wondered about the lobbies taking ages to sell because I'm the one trying to sell them haha. Thanks for the advice, if anyone else oculd have some input, that would be awesome.

Poochu.png

First of all, welcome back!

I'm after a good way on how to level up mining and smithing to around 70 each.

Power mining granite is the fastest way when you can start mining it. If you do not have the level or hate mining in the desert, you can power mine iron ores. If you want to bank them the spot next to Yanille is the best I believe.

I really hate levelling agility, and I need it to do a lot of quests, I'm currently level 32 agility, I'm thinking of doing all the easy achievement diarys and using the exp rewards on agility, is that a good idea?

Ant is right on this one. I personally did not do many achievement diaries just because I want to save the exp lamps either for a 99 party, or if Jagex release a quest that requires something like 65 RC, I will just dump the lamps to them. Oh also there is a Runescape circus, you can perform tricks there for some exp. I am 71 agility and everytime I finish a round I get around....7-8k exp? Check the circus guide if you wish to maximumize the exp.

Whats the deal with raw lobbies taking ages to sell on the GE?

Economy is in a wierd state as of now, try selling lowest I guess if you really want the cash.

I'm level 66 mage, I'd like to train it via combat to level it up, where should I train at and what spell should I use?

I actually barrowed for magic levels. XD

Metal dragons is a good idea, Rex is good too but I assume you do not have the levels or gear for DKS. I have never maged avanises but it sounds great. I would personally mage barrows and use the cash you earn to hi-alch stuff.

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

First of all, welcome back!

I'm after a good way on how to level up mining and smithing to around 70 each.

Power mining granite is the fastest way when you can start mining it. If you do not have the level or hate mining in the desert, you can power mine iron ores. If you want to bank them the spot next to Yanille is the best I believe.

I really hate levelling agility, and I need it to do a lot of quests, I'm currently level 32 agility, I'm thinking of doing all the easy achievement diarys and using the exp rewards on agility, is that a good idea?

Ant is right on this one. I personally did not do many achievement diaries just because I want to save the exp lamps either for a 99 party, or if Jagex release a quest that requires something like 65 RC, I will just dump the lamps to them. Oh also there is a Runescape circus, you can perform tricks there for some exp. I am 71 agility and everytime I finish a round I get around....7-8k exp? Check the circus guide if you wish to maximumize the exp.

Whats the deal with raw lobbies taking ages to sell on the GE?

Economy is in a wierd state as of now, try selling lowest I guess if you really want the cash.

I'm level 66 mage, I'd like to train it via combat to level it up, where should I train at and what spell should I use?

I actually barrowed for magic levels. XD

Metal dragons is a good idea, Rex is good too but I assume you do not have the levels or gear for DKS. I have never maged avanises but it sounds great. I would personally mage barrows and use the cash you earn to hi-alch stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome and the reply, so far I've mined 1000 coal and i'm starting to mine some mith, what I'm doing is smelting the ores into mith bars, then turning them into various mith weapons/armor for exp, then I'll give them away to new players on a free world once I'm done :) Its not fast but its fun and friendly.

Poochu.png

• 8 months later...

Thought I'd update, I stopped playing not long after I made that post, now I'm back again haha.

I'm on 62 smithing now, with the freeplay party room, can I chuck noted items in there and it will distribute them through all the baloons? Or will it chuck all the notes in one baloon?

I've got LOTS of mith items I plan on throwing into the party room, current evaluation is just shy of 1 millions worth.

Poochu.png

Thought I'd update, I stopped playing not long after I made that post, now I'm back again haha.

I'm on 62 smithing now, with the freeplay party room, can I chuck noted items in there and it will distribute them through all the baloons? Or will it chuck all the notes in one baloon?

I've got LOTS of mith items I plan on throwing into the party room, current evaluation is just shy of 1 millions worth.

I'm pretty sure it splits noted items up into multiple balloons, not 100% sure though

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I'm pretty sure it splits noted items up into multiple balloons, not 100% sure though

You could always test it with 1k needles or something.

Big_Stingman.png

• 11 years later...
On 11/29/2009 at 11:19 PM, poochu said:

Hey guys, I started playing Runescape in 2002/03 and joined this forum in 2004 (Holy crap, 5 years ago), anyways I stopped playing early 2007 and have just started playing again. Wow everything has changed so much, anyways I've got a few questions I wouldn't mind getting answered:

• I'm after a good way on how to level up mining and smithing to around 70 each.
  • I really hate levelling agility, and I need it to do a lot of quests, I'm currently level 32 agility, I'm thinking of doing all the easy achievement diarys and using the exp rewards on agility, is that a good idea?
  • Whats the deal with raw lobbies taking ages to sell on the GE?
  • I'm level 66 mage, I'd like to train it via combat to level it up, where should I train at and what spell should I use?

Thanks much.

Well, I logged into 'Runescape' and oh my, how much everything has changed, including the internet itself.

Anyone got any tips for getting started in Runescape 3 these days? I've got myself a 15 year veteran cape from my old pal Hans in Lumbridge but everything is so different and it seems its not as popular as it once was.

Poochu.png