Training Slayer and Ranged

Urza285

Ok so here is my predicament:

90 slayer

94 ranged (113k from 95)

I work on tasks from Kuradal so you can see what I'm dealing with. I'm looking for a way to train ranged along side slayer without having to work my butt off to get void back, getting expensive ear like armadyl and without taking too many hits from my assignments. I have karils, a rune c'bow, fury, torags, guthans, dragonfire shield, ava's attractor (or whatever the upgraded one is), dragon boots and barrows gloves. Pretty much all your high level gear minus the armadyl... I can justify buying ranger boots, armadyl helm and archer ring. Anything else is most likely a no-go.

If you are interested here are some stats here that I think are relavent:

defense: 99

hp: 99

ranged: 94

summoning: 88

If you have any good spots to train ranged and collect charms feel free to enlighten me. Normally I enjoy killing abyssal demons, greater demons, waterfiends and dust devils for my charms (mostly crimson lol).

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Well, waterfiends and dust Devils are the best charm droppers, so I would just stick with them.

You could try Cockroach Soldiers and Shadow Warriors, but I'm afraid those are much too low-leveled to get any good range experience off of.

Two main options that I can see: tank ranging and/or using a cannon. Using safespots is often too slow as usually only one spawn can be used, but for some it is viable. As you're using Kuradal, tank ranging monsters in her dungeon with knives or similar can be effective thanks to the +4 to every hit. There's also a ranged slayer guide on this site (I think), so try looking for that.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Don't use the Dragon Boots for ranging. Get either the Ranger Boots or at least the Snakeskin boots.

As for what to range, you can either stick to just doing slayer and get charms that way. Or you can cannon Scabarites, Black Demons or use regular range on Abby Demons, Black Demons or Dusties.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Hm... Does anyone know a rough estimate of how many cballs it would take me to get to 99 range? Any interesting areas to collect charms while doing this? It would be greatly appreciated.

Maxed [February 14, 2012] | Completionist [October 25, 2012] | Trimmed Completionist [in Progress]

Visit my Blog!

u_rza.png

Hm... Does anyone know a rough estimate of how many cballs it would take me to get to 99 range? Any interesting areas to collect charms while doing this? It would be greatly appreciated.

It's about 25 xp per cball from what I've seen during slayer, so ~200k cballs. Cannoning wallasalkis or (as mentioned before) scarabites/black demons would be pretty good, black demons would be ~140k range xp/hour and maybe 80 crims per hour while scarabites can hit 150 crims/hour I heard but with lower maybe 80k range xp/hour. Not sure on numbers for wallasalkis, all I know is that they drop quite a lot of blues.

2dvjurb.png