Frustration

Lep

Just something that I want to get off my chest lately...

I can't stand doing anything in RuneScape that relates to Quests or Diaries because it's so much more complicating/stupid than it should be. For one, the "achievements" for diaries are hardly achievements. An "achievement" might as well be to go pick your nose in the middle of Varrock. I mean seriously, these JaGeX people keep adding stuff so amazingly stupid to this game that I can't comprehend it anymore. Change the colour of a cat? Browse through a shop? Yeah, quite the achievement alright. But Quest-wise, there's always way too much reading and repetitive tasks or stupid stuff to do.

For the Ardougne diary I started yesterday, I sort of started getting frustrated because I had miss-read the Tip.it guide and I had to go to West Ardougne 3 seperate times for the same level of diary. Then I had to plant a Palm Tree which is somehow an achievement. So I got everything I thought I needed and went to that patch near the Gnome Maze. Oh, a dead apple tree is there, awesome. When was the last time I farmed again? Anyways, I guess this trowel will be able to dig it up. No? Wow... awesome! So I teleport back to Castle Wars. Keep in mind, while this is going on, I had no House Teletabs left because they weren't selling in the Grand Exchange, thus adding to my overall frustration. So I get a spade and run back to the patch. I dig it up, then supercompost the patch. Then I try planting the Palm Seed... you need it to be in a [bleep]ing Plant Pot? Are you [bleep]ing serious? So now I start getting really mad, but head to the Grand Exchange and buy a plant pot. I then head back to the patch once again and use the palm seed on the filled plant pot. I try planting it. Wow awesome I have to wait for it to magically grow into a tiny tree. To add to the frustration, I go and do some Castle Wars games and magically lose 4 in a row because the people there constantly stack the teams so it's 500 level 120s vs 500 level 50s. So I start swearing so words are censored but get reported by at least 1 person. I'm sure I'll be muted, even though censoring isn't supposed to be against the rules. :roll:

So that's basically it. Maybe it's partially my fault, but I' pretty sure trees don't need a plant pot to grow. It's all the little stupid things in this game that make it frustrating. I have my girlfriend playing the game now too and she doesn't even know how to play without my help past the tutorial. Sure, she could read all the dialogue and advice from Roddeck. But have you seen how much writing there is?!?! What kind of horrible game is this? No one on earth wants to read all that. That's kind of off topic but when I was helping her I even found myself saying, "wtf?" when I saw how much reading you need to do.

The Achievement is not the specific acts you do, but the completion of the list of activities. And as well it's the levels needed to do them that would be an achievement of some sort.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

The Achievement is not the specific acts you do, but the completion of the list of activities. And as well it's the levels needed to do them that would be an achievement of some sort.

Yea, I agree with that.

I understand what you're saying about the new tutorial. Tutorial Island actually TAUGHT you Runescape. This stupid thing teaches you nothing about skills, fighting, questing. It teaches you to drug a dragon...whoopee. I feel like I've gotten stupider after doing it. blink.gif

I do think that they're achievements because of the levels needed (for some of the tasks, anyway).

But I definitely agree with you about some quests and such having way too much reading to do. I can't say anything about the new tutorial since I've never tried, but with some quests, I find myself just skipping through some of the text even though I generally love the storylines. Oh well.

[hide]sevestia.png[/hide]

Well...I'm on the absolute last task of Ardy Elite diaries, the smithing of rune limbs and completing the crossbow. I thought I could use the spiced stews to skip 6 levels (85+6=91) One time it boosted to 90..

So I thought I would level once more, getting those spices is so dumb...Anyway ended up needing 89 and I smelt another extra 30k ores...that's more fail and frustration than that of yours. But yeah...the plant pot thing is nothing big.

Total Level 2247- 11x 99s All Combat Skills, Slayer, Summoning, Woodcutting, Herblore

So basically your ranting about the diaries requiring knowledge about Runescape and quests having a plot...?

That's what I got from reading it. :mellow:

But I do agree with the above posters about the new tutorial. It's crap.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

I'm a F2Per so it's a different story.

The Lumbridge Achievement Diary is the only one with "Beginner-Easy-Medium" - no "Hard"? What, Jagex thinks F2Pers are stupid or something? :rolleyes:

Most of the F2P quests have an icon next to the NPCs that start the quests, which is proof that Jagex thinks F2Pers are dumb.

I wish there was an option to skip the tutorial as well, just like in RSC. Who cares about some lame tutorial? Let them actually play the game.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

The Lumbridge Achievement Diary is the only one with "Beginner-Easy-Medium" - no "Hard"? What, Jagex thinks F2Pers are stupid or something? :rolleyes:

Most of the F2P quests have an icon next to the NPCs that start the quests, which is proof that Jagex thinks F2Pers are dumb.

I wish there was an option to skip the tutorial as well, just like in RSC. Who cares about some lame tutorial? Let them actually play the game.

All quests have quest symbol next to them. It isn't because they think F2P is dumb(well they might) but they want to make use of the icons. There are a few quests(cook's assistant, sheep shearer) that have special symbols, but that's for beginners.

As for tutorial, I just want the old tutorial island back. I feel as if I forget how to play Runescape everytime I play through it.

Why would there be hard tasks for an area that is designated as being the starting area for all players? Think about what you're saying.

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Why would there be hard tasks for an area that is designated as being the starting area for all players? Think about what you're saying.

Because without "Hard", there is no challenge. That's exactly what F2Pers need more of.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

You can't comprehend it, but it's not Jagex being "amazingly stupid", it's you. As already said, the achievement diary tasks are related to the city they are located in, and the skills/quests associated with the task.

As for the Ardougne diary, I'm sorry you aren't able to perform tasks so menial that you yourself consider them on par with picking your nose. Does this mean you're not smart enough to pick your own nose? On second thought, don't try and prove me wrong. For the sake of you not ending up in the hospital with 3rd degree burns, don't pick your nose. At this point, you're just sounding like a crybaby. Baww, I don't know how to farm, wahh Jaflax maed me l00s dah gaems. emot-shivdurf.gif.

And it's completely your fault. It's not Jagex's fault you don't know how to farm properly, and went into a fist throwing hissy fit over it. The fact that you couldn't even control what you said in text, and ended up getting reported and probably muted for it is just proof that you need to get your temper in check, grow the [bleep] up, and understand that it's just a game. Don't like it? There's the door. And you obviously don't know much about gardening, because it is best to keep a tree in a pot as a sapling before you plant it in the ground.

At this point I think you're trolling. Your girlfriend found the tutorial too hard to get by? Sorry, I find it hard to believe that this girlfriend exists. If you've been here five years and you haven't figured out basic stuff like this, you need to send me a bottle of whatever you're using that's kept you from aging past 10.

frog-ssj3.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Because without "Hard", there is no challenge. That's exactly what F2Pers need more of.

It's a LUMBRIDGE Achievement Diary though, designated for both free players and P2P members. Why should they create any hard content for an area that's represented as a haven for newcomers? F2Pers don't need any hard game content simply put, because it's only a teaser for members, where the real challenges are found

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

It's a LUMBRIDGE Achievement Diary though, designated for both free players and P2P members. Why should they create any hard content for an area that's represented as a haven for newcomers? F2Pers don't need any hard game content simply put, because it's only a teaser for members, where the real challenges are found

First of all, I shall point out to the high level F2Pers.

Second of all, if F2P has no real challenging stuff, then F2P will stereotype the P2P game as being "too easy". Therefore, less members.

F2P is not a newbie game, it's simply for players that have no access to paying content. Which is pretty much the vast majority.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Its just a rant about your forgetfulness or lack of reading skill?

The gnome near the tree can hold spades and the woman/man stood there will sell you one for a price.

You knew at one stage you needed a plant pot else how would you have gotten the apple tree there in the first place?

You need to water the plant pot too speed up the growing process otherwise it takes forever.

Castle wars always has some bias in the games, but thats part of the fun. I've had a few games where there are level 130+'s (or even 120+'s with D claws) lording over the games so I deliberately target them, there nothing quite like the text and events which follow KO'ing them using familiar attack+scrolls+ GS spec (piety). They normally ignore everyone on your team and aim solely for you, only to get piled by a mass of low levels when you retreat a little bit.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Wow...I can't believe someone is so ignorant and stupid.

You forgot some crap and such, get angry about wasting time and energy, then blame Jagex for it? Make a checklist, double-check before you go, whatever. It's not Jagex's fault that the the diary requires you to do such-and-such.

Get over it, why waste time making a rant [cabbage]ting about it? Before I left for Crandor during Dragon Slayer, I forgot to bring my planks and nails. I went back to Draynor, got them, and returned, only to remember that I needed a hammer... :mellow:

Basically, I saw this as; "BAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWW I DUN'T WANNA READ ANY TEXT OR DO SMALL TASKS GIMME MAH ARDOUGNE CAPE NOW JAGUX! I DUN'T WANNA LRN HOW2 FARM!"

No.png

CLICK THE IMAGE TO GO TRY SHARK ATTACK DANGIT.