Training Summoning

Umoria

As I've set myself some goals, one of them is training summoning up. At this time I can't use a Spirit Terrorbird, wich is very usefull for storage and the ability to tireless run.

I was thinking of some ways to train summoning, and what came to my mind was: minotaurs. They give a nice exp/gp ratio, and are good exp.

Then again, there must be "but" in the story, and that's the blue charms.

So I started thinking again. Gaining the blue charms gonna cost me time, and probably harder monsters to kill.

Any suggestions on training? Charms isn't really a problem, exept for the blue ones. Wich is the "but" in this story.

1. I need monsters who drop blue charms (consider the Waterfiends as knowledge for their charm drops, any other monster that drops blue charms more often?)

2. If the minotaur isn't the best way to go, go with Pyrelords in my case, then switch to Magpie, then bloated leech?

3. Any other suggestions?

NOTE: eventually, my goal is Bunyip, any suggestions for the long term goal are welcome to.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

1. Don't harvest blue charms, the only worthwhile npc's are bork and walliski's.

2. Crimsons are the best exp/gp charms for training. Blues look better, but you max out at about 30 blues per hour compared to 200+ crimsons per hour.

3. Check out Kent's summoning guide first its the best guide you'll find.

Remember to kill bork each day, do penguin points weekly and use exp lamps to boost your level.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

That's what I used to do, slayer. And every charm is comming in often, exept the blue ones. Is it my luck that's still broken or something else?

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Blues are the rarest charm thats why there high exp and seem cheaper.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

But to work in a nuttshell: as it seems to good to be true, usally it is.

Well I'm pretty happy with my pile of crimson charms, around 1K or something atm...so I will check out the guide, and not hunt for the blue charms.

Umoria.png

Save your blue charms for higher levels, as it will net more xp then at lower levels

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

The golden rule of trianing summoning:

do NOT plan around a sole charm.

Go get charms, make the best pouches you can with any colour (few exceptions where seconds are hard to get or exp is randomly dire)

And if you ARE gonna plan around 1 colour plan around crims; they are easiest to get on mass and give best xp:time:gp ratio overall

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If you are taking a long-term view towards Summoning, you should not use ANY blue charms until you are very high level. They are slow to accumulate and you should save them so you get the most XP for each one that you can.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Im just gonna repeat what everyone else is saying really...don't just rely on 1 charm colour. You say you've accumulated a nice amount of charms so use this calculator to see whats the highest possible amount of xp they can all give you:

http://users.telenet.be/glodenox/Charms/CharmPattern.html

Good luck :thumbsup:

That's a great calc

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I just plan around crimson charms....

But at lower levels, use all BUT blue.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]