Our Future Professions

l0rd

I'm a freshman in College; but atm:

Cognitive Psychologist

Criminal Profiler

Theologian

Philosopher

Writer

Senator (easiest [bleep]in job in the world; only hard part is getting elected. =\ )

ROCK STAR!

It's gonna be one of those, but I really have no idea which.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to be a United States Navy SEAL (unless some physical condition precludes me from doing so). I am going to join the Marines out of high school and serve 4 years there, then I should be able to transfer and attempt BUD/S training.

Also just a side note, every time i tell some one of my dream job they always seem to get this mood of "yeah sure". I sometimes wonder if it's just me or do people think that anyone they know couldn't possibly be that tough/elite.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Well, seeing as I'm Indian, I'm going to become a doctor... whether I like it or not... Lol. I actually want to pursue some sort of medical career though, and probably double major in math or something. I'm one upper division course away from a minor in math, so I can get that no problem when I go into my first year of college. I'll also minor in Physics and Chemistry, since I'm only a few classes away from those as well. Nothing like increasing your human capital, lol. One minor at a time...

guido_49.png

I am going to be a United States Navy SEAL (unless some physical condition precludes me from doing so). I am going to join the Marines out of high school and serve 4 years there, then I should be able to transfer and attempt BUD/S training.

Also just a side note, every time i tell some one of my dream job they always seem to get this mood of "yeah sure". I sometimes wonder if it's just me or do people think that anyone they know couldn't possibly be that tough/elite.

Being a SEAL isn't really that rare. They're too romanticized in public belief. Although they are incredibly badass.

If I were to pursue a military career (I'd thought I did at one time, but other things have convinced me that that's a terrible idea), I'd shoot for Marine Force Recon. 9-man squads that have been known to hold back armies.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Being a SEAL isn't really that rare. They're too romanticized in public belief. Although they are incredibly badass.

If I were to pursue a military career (I'd thought I did at one time, but other things have convinced me that that's a terrible idea), I'd shoot for Marine Force Recon. 9-man squads that have been known to hold back armies.

While I don't know if you are right about being a SEAL being all that rare I do know that there is an 80% drop out rate. Also about the 9-man squad thing if you haven't read Lone Survivor by Marcus Lutrell i would highly recommend it. Though they of course can't be certain I think the estimated stats are that a 4-man SEAL team (3 of which died) held back close to 200 men and killed somewhere in the ballpark of 40-80. The 200 i got from the book itself, but I forget where I found the 40-80 stats. But in conclusion, while SEAL's are bad [wagon] so are all other branches.

2pzzjb9.jpg

106px-National_Defense_Service_Medal_ribbon.svg.png106px-Navy_Rifle_Marksmanship_Ribbon.svg.png120px-USN_Expert_Pistol_Shot_Ribbon.png

God dammit Seany, STOP SHARING MY MIND

" I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin. I'm not going to live there. There's no place for me there... I'm a monster.What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done."

Yeah, every special forces branch kicks [wagon]. I just meant that being a SEAL isn't unachievable if you work harder than many people in the world.

Marine Force Recon and SEALS actually take very similar training, MFR has to learn more strategic stuff though because they've been dropped off for campaigns behind lines that last for months with no resupply. Pretty crazy. Good luck to you, all the same.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream