Our Future Professions

l0rd

Right now I plan on becomming an Aerospace Engineer. After taking various engineering classes in high school I've determined that being an engineer is probably what I'm most suited for. I'll be attending the Missouri University of Science and Technology this coming fall.

I lived in Rolla a couple of years ago! It's a really small place but I still had fun. The school used to be called UMR but there was a bomb threat/hostage situation so they changed the name shortly after.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sooner I can stop taking math classes the better. I like English. Get these numbers out of my face.

I'm going the other way. More math plz.

I want to do something related to engineering and/or computers. I don't really know what yet. I wanted to take an engineering class this year, but it didn't fit with my schedule, so I'll probably take it next year. My school also has a computer repair and support class and a programming class, both of which I'll most likely look into. If all else fails I suppose I could be like the rest of my family and go into something medical or chem-related.

Or maybe I'll have an epiphany and go do something completely different.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My ideas of what I want to do in the future change pretty often. I've had a few people tell me I'd make a good lawyer. Ehh, not too interested in that. Political science perhaps. Maybe a pharmacist. Something else in the medical field. Or technology.

I don't know.

I can't decide what I want to do, to be honest. I've gotten letters from schools such as ITT tech, but I don't know what I want to do. I don't know if I want to be a computer/mechanical engineer, a pharmacist, a physician (although I hate blood, so prob not a good choice), a professor, a politician, or some kind of web/game designer.

:cry:

Help please.

I even thought a little bit about the Military, but if I go that route, I want a cool job that doesn't put me as some infantry soldier. I want to at least be an officer or something IF I go that route.

I have pretty high marks in school by the way.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I can't decide what I want to do, to be honest. I've gotten letters from schools such as ITT tech, but I don't know what I want to do. I don't know if I want to be a computer/mechanical engineer, a pharmacist, a physician (although I hate blood, so prob not a good choice), a professor, a politician, or some kind of web/game designer.

:cry:

Help please.

I even thought a little bit about the Military, but if I go that route, I want a cool job that doesn't put me as some infantry soldier. I want to at least be an officer or something IF I go that route.

Start by taking jobs that you will absolutely rufuse to accept and work from there.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I'm currently 3 years into getting a degree in Civil Engineering and everything's going fine and all but if I could go back and do things differently I definitely would. I don't wanna say I regret going to college because it has helped shape me into the person I am today (mostly the people I met at college versus college itself, but still) but yeah, looking back on it I wish I would've just left the country upon graduating high school and gone around the world doing volunteer work or something like that.

In all honesty I'd be happy going to some small village in a European country and staying with a farming family exchanging my labor for food and housing...do that for a few years so I can learn their language and get to know some of the locals then move on and repeat that somewhere else. Either that or doing volunteer work with the Peace Corp or something. Basically my ideal life is one that's simple, I don't wanna spend my life making money so I could buy a bigger house and a better car but rather traveling the world and experiencing others' lifestyles. So right now it's looking like I'll get my degree in Civil Engineering, continue working with the company I currently work for (right now I'm just an engineering technician) and pay off my loans. Then once I am debt free I probably will try and pursue a lifestyle as mentioned at the beginning of this paragraph. Oh and I'd have a video recorder too because I love making movies so I'd probably do some sort of video diary.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Right now I plan on becomming an Aerospace Engineer. After taking various engineering classes in high school I've determined that being an engineer is probably what I'm most suited for. I'll be attending the Missouri University of Science and Technology this coming fall.

That's the field I'm shooting for as well, can't decide where to go for schooling yet, but I want to eventually work for Boeing in Washington State.

I've also looked into being a Commercial pilot, Air Crash Investigator, Civil Engineer, Architect, or Landscape Architect, in that order.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Studying physics, not because I'd be particularly interested in it, but because I was good at it before. I'm interested in too many things, so might as well do the thing I'm good at, I thought.

It's my first year so it'd still be fairly easy to switch to something else.

A teacher. English first and foremost, but then like also Computers and/or Math, seeing as English teachers are pretty much dime a dozen down here.

I love imparting knowledge, and teaching stuff is kinda my passion. I hate seeing teachers who don't care about their students, and view their career as just that, and don't make any effort to do more than the bare minimums. I want to help shape people's lives, and be remembered down the track when people nostalgia up about their school lives and say "Hey remember that English teacher? Man, he was awesome."

I feel all warm and fuzzy when I think about that. So, yeah, teaching. :3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

A scientist in chemistry (or related fields) most probably as that's what I'm studying right now. And I'm already working on a research project, so why not continue that.

Computational and organic chemistry ftw! :D

Cydoor.png

I went to college for wildlife biology. I had known I wanted to work with animals since I was a kid. Just was a passion I always had for the outdoors, and growing up in northern Minnesota, in the middle of nowhere, I guess I just grew up with the respect for the natural world around me. When I turned 15, I moved to the cities, which really disturbed me, but I ended up being able to get opportunities like internships I wouldn't have been able to do anywhere else.

I started volunteering for a local wildlife rehabilitation center in the summers, and I got a job at a petstore of all places. Then by the time I was nearing the end of highschool I was able to start doing serious internships at the zoo's here, and then the raptor center helping rehabilitate injured hawks, eagles, and owls. Got to work as a zookeeper for most of my internship at the Minnesota Zoo. Then my last 2 years of college I moved back home up north to finish my wildlife biology degree. Now I work with the tribal fish and game, up here on the reservation. I get to spend most of my work time outdoors which I love. I could never sit behind a desk all day lol.

I'm also a traditional Native American artist as well. Not like painting pictures, but our traditional arts such as beadwork, crafts, and bark baskets and such. I spend most of the summer traveling around to various gatherings and Native dance competitions.

The best advice I can give though is, volunteer and do internships as much as possible. Those really help in the long run.

arcy777-2.jpg
arcsig.jpg
2001-2006 the fourth and last legit 123 on classic
123 classic/137 rs2 Native American Pride

I would really like to be in the field of paleontology.

However, fi that fails, I've resolved to be an unsuccessful writer.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Psychology and architecture are the only things that have interested me this far in school, but I don't really know if I can get a decent job from either :P I'll probably spend most of my life with my parents, move out when I'm 40, and commit suicide shortly thereafter :thumbup:

Psychology and architecture are the only things that have interested me this far in school, but I don't really know if I can get a decent job from either :P I'll probably spend most of my life with my parents, move out when I'm 40, and commit suicide shortly thereafter :thumbup:

Ever thought of becoming a professional compulsive exhibitionist ?

I heard it pays well. :thumbup:

Just a small note. Don't worry if you don't have a clue what you want to do even after you finish high/second. The best advice is to continue eduction in the fields you find most interesting for as long as possible and find careers using those.

Currently i am at university studying History. Eventually i hope to become a teacher of it. My basic thought is that i want to teach 'something'. So as i am interested in history i am aiming to teach that. However, i have found that i am not overly good at history while being here, so i may turn to IT as a teaching career instead, but only time will tell. There is no rush.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

All I want to do (or feel able to do) is write, so I just need to continue down the path I'm on just now - Working terrible jobs that won't tie me down and will allow me the time I need to think and write. Maybe some long way down the line I wouldn't mind being a university lecturer. We'll see how it goes.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.