Giant Mole

Umoria

I decided that it's time to solo a monster. And with my stats, I decided the Giant Mole would be my target.

I just want to have some fun, and get some birdsnests along the way.

So is this a good set-up? And are my stats good enough?

Don't suggest brining friends and such, I decided to solo.

I set me re-spawn to Falador just in case.

Helm of Neitzinot

Glory amulet

Prossy plate

Prossy legs

Dragon boots

Best RFD gloves

Obby cape > god cape (don't know wich atm)

Whip

Rune defender

Ring of Wealth

In iventory I have:

Super attack (4)

Super Strength (4)

10 prayer potions (4)

Holy wrench

Spade

Bullseye lantern

Dragon dagger P++ > Dragon hellbeard (I might go with the dagger, but maybe hellbeard is good too, or bring them both?)

I got enough charms and such to reach de Terrorbird, so I might want to take a terrorbird + scrolls with me.

So summoning first, then have some fun.

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

You definately won't find me telling you to bring friends, the giant mole is basically a giant teddy bear and anyone with 1 def, 20 hp and 20 range could take him out (though it would take ages).

My advice is: Use Range.

Seriously, the mole is so big and there are about a million safespots in his dungeon.

You could easily get away with black d'hide, archer helm, row/rol/archers, ranging ammy/fury/glory, snakeskin boots, rune c'bow with broad/addy bolts, snakeskin boots.

The most annoying thing about him is his burrowing technique, which is why some people like to set up a cannon though if your familiar is attacking him when he burrows, it'll automatically start walking toward where he resurfaced so go there.

You'll be running around a lot so bring some form of run restore.

Best of luck!

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Bull ant is underrated its a good alternative to terrorbird and essential if you 40> and <52 summoning for the mole.

For the cape ardy or god cloak is better as they are 2+ to 6+/3+ prayer.

The best tip can give you is emerald (e) bolts.

Buy 50 of them (they'll last a long time if you pick them up) and use a rune cbow to start. Once the animation kicks in (green puff of smoke) switch to melee. Its faster poisoning, hits more often and you can see when its poisoned straight away to avoid missing attack turns.

Using this d hally is far superior to DDS.

Only use the specs when the mole is less then half hp as its a guaranteed 2 attacks (they can still be 0 0, but its better to get 2 hits as opposed to 1).

Take an extra pouch as the mole hits hard on bull ant and terror bird.

Reduce the number of prayer pots to 5 or less and use house tele -> altar -> portal to fally. It saves a lot of gp in the long run (the mole takes a long time to spawn).

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

@ Joe

You realy should consider changing your name to RuneScape_Professor. You seem to know almost everything here :mrgreen:

Well I think I go with what Joe said. Emerald (e) bolts, wait till animation kicks in, switch to melee.

5 ppots, House tele, and back to Fally should do the trick, so I gonna start killing this giant teddybear, and blow him to Kingdome Come.

Thnx all appreciate the ideas! :thumbsup:

"We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture."

Umoria.png

Like Joe said, you want to poison the mole ASAP, so definitely opt for DDS > Dhally.

@ zaaps

Lol, still like your siggy with the sara owl :P

OT: I poisend the mole quick, whipped him till 50% hp, digged away, found, blown to Kingdom Come.

I like this giant mole, and before I started, I got 52 Summ for the terrorbird, so finding the coward is not as much as a pain in the cabbage as I expected.

And the scrolls kept my energy. Will do a few more runs :mrgreen:

Umoria.png