Planeteering

The_Mather1

Intro:

As the world slowly fades in, you see that you're on a military truck, with people wearing US.A.F. uniforms around you. As you look forward you see that you're heading towards Cheyenne Mountain. As the truck stops by the entrance to the sealed of area you see that one of the guards notices you and asks the driver something you cannot make out. After a short discussion the gate is opened and you continue into the mountain.

You eventually come to a stop and you're guided into an elevator. The elevator takes you down to level 27 where you are guided into a large briefing room. You notice that there's a large blast door covering the window on the other side of the room and that the walls hold several large US Airforce insignia with the letters SGC printed on them. A man carrying the uniform of an Airforce general enters the room. "Lieutenant general Jack o'Neill of the US Airforce," he sais, "welcome to StarGate Command.".

Just as you are about to ask what stargate means, he continues "A stargate is, well just see for yourself." the blastdoor opens and unveils a large ring made up from a dark metal, the inner part of the ring is covered with strange symbols resembling constalations, in fact as you look closer you recognise some of them. "This device" the general continues, "allows for instantanious travel, as you see there are 27 symbols on it, one of those will differ between each gate, that symbol is called the point of origin, to create a traversable bridge between two gates one must enter a series of six symbols followed by the point of origin. This is usually done through the use of a DHD or dial home device, these are made from the same dark material as the gate with a big button to activate and one flat for each constalation or glyph as it is called. Instead of remembering each symbol we have put a code made up from letters and numbers to represent them, Earth for example has the address P2X-3YZ and a point of origin looking like a pyramid with the sun above."

Lt.Gen. o'Neill hands you a small book, "This contains the different chevrons and their number or letter, it also contains a list of different addresses we know that work and their point of origin."

He guides you over to a table containing different weapons, "Here choose your weapon, as a primary weapon you can chose between the P90, the M16 and the Spas 12, as a sidearm you wil get a 9mm. These all are made from modified intars so you do not have to worry about ammuntion. Also if you are planning to team up with more players we will provide you with other weapons like RPGs if you want so."

You are handed a vest and a small backpack, "These contain the neccessary tools, a radio and start rations as well as more claymores, C4 and detonators, both timed and remote, than you can possibly use."

After you have put on the vest and backpack as well as chosen a weapon the gate dials PB2-908 and you go through...

Rules:

1. You are not to overrule the GM, though you are allowed to protest against things that are neglected or misunderstood.

2. Under no circumstance may a gate be destroyed.

3. Have fun.

Planets and addresses:

P2X-3YZ - SGC

PB2-908 - Start

P3X-972

P3X-774

P3X-776

P2S-4C3

P3X-439

P3W-924

P34-353

PX9-301

P59-X73

[spoiler=Player rooster]

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh I'll play if other people start coming, but please dont have it HEAVILY based on SGC I thought the gates were the only thing

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Ok

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

• 1 month later...

I never understood the stargate series in the first place...

They ARE awesome though.

This seems unlikely to work.

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Pvt. Armisonus, reporting!

Now, what the heck am I supposed to do?

RIP Dawngate ;-;

M16. What kind of Spas-12? Any attachments?

I'll take an M16.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

If I have limited water supplies, I wander around in search of a river, creek, or stream.

If not, and if it's not just flat terrain, I look for an elevated position.

If it's just flat ground, I wander toward the nearest/smallest mountain.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Flat and you're carrying enough rations to keep you alive for a year.

(15) You travell north to the closest mountain, at it's base you notice a cave, it is guarded by two men wielding wooden spears and fur loinclothes, they don't look aggressive.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I call out, asking who they are.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Private Hogan

I pick P90!

It's a REALLY big shaft.

"Eh, maybe some time. You guys need something? If not, can you point me to another tribe that does?"

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex:

(10) "There tribe far over there,." *points west* " they be haunted by animals with big teath and claws and bodies large as two men."

Icu:

As you exit the gate you see it is barren, there are some feint tracks made by air force boots leading north.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

"Alrighty then. Anything else I should know before I go?"

Armisonus then starts casually strolling in the direction the men pointed.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Nex:

"Yes, claws hurt much when hitting face."

You wander of and arrive at the village, it's made from fur tents and small clay buildings with small spears as protection, there's about 50 people there, one which is wearing a full suit of fur, including a head, the fur appears to be of a large feline animal and you think the man is the tribe's leader.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

"Honor to meet you, sir. I heard you have a monster problem? Just point me to where they come from, I think I have a solution. I might need some help though."

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The guy looks surprised; "Oh, yes we do. Large cats attacking us, they live a little to the south of here, though we have no men to spare. If you succeed in this, where many before you have failed, you shall be rewarded."

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

"Right. I go make big boom at cat place."

Armisonus, holding his gun in one arm and a remote explosive in the other, starts walking in the direction the leader specified. He prepares to be attacked.

RIP Dawngate ;-;

The chieftain is confused about why you are going to use the beasts' lair as a toilet.

(4)You arrive at the lair, it is a slight mound and it is inhabited by five large lions.

(1) They notice you right away and jump at you, one attempting to claw you but you only recieve slight damage due to your vest.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1