The playlist limit.

Karvinen

You can only choose 12 tracks to the playlist. I have more than 12 tracks I'd like to listen to.

If Jagex is worried about hard disk space, they could simply save the playlist on our computer (to the Jagex Cache folder with accountname_playlist as a filename for example). This would of course make the playlist not work if you changed computer, but we could have infinite playlists without wasting Jagex's precious hard disk space.

I have a bit of a question myself...who listens to the game songs in the first place? Usually when I'm playing online, I listen to actual music...rather than the built in stuff...

EXACTLY. I mean, I find the RS music to be irritating and much would rather listen to real music...

But hey, I guess you can always suggest that to jagex...

I always listen to the RS music. The newer ones are actually pretty awesome.

O.T 12 is enough for me, so i dont have a problem with this.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

Quests just keep bringing me back to this game.

It's a good idea, I did not even know we had a play list. Will check it out soon though, but I imagine the 12 songs limit must be somewhat frustrating. I think a limit of around 50 songs would be great as well, but your idea works too.

To the people who dislike Runescape Music, I would suggest that you do not bother posting in a thread based on it. I personally started enjoying the music because as a noob I did not know how to turn the music off, which meant I was forced to listen to the game songs. Some of that music brings backs memories and I like the feeling of familiarity that it brings. It really gives me the sense of playing the game. They arent songs that I would store in my Ipod but they are certainly worth listening to once in a while.

12 is enough for me, lol. That might be because I'm F2P though, and we only have 163 songs to choose from.

If you want to put more, maybe have 13 songs as the limit.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

I make a playlist, and listen to that. After I log out and come back, I change the list to a new one, if I want.

"An Amateur practices until he can get it right. A Professional practices until he can't get it wrong."

nimetnbb.jpg

It really does fail - I mean, honestly, just by going through the A's and half of the B's I got 8 of my favourite songs... and that's just 2 letters. How am I to fit everything in?

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Follower of Guthix

The quill is a miracle, for it drinks darkness and sheds light.

Oh right, by the way, I'm a girl. No more calling me a guy you lot~

It really does fail - I mean, honestly, just by going through the A's and half of the B's I got 8 of my favourite songs... and that's just 2 letters. How am I to fit everything in?

Write them down on a scrap of paper and manually choose which one you need to listen to.

I dont even see how it would take up that much space.

Type 12 lines in a txt file.

Now type 50.

Compare the file sizes. Thats all there is too it (for the most part)

Then multiply that by 13 million accounts.

= around 16 gigs. Big freaking deal, my PC's HD has 1 TB on it :rolleyes:

They already have to keep track of which songs each player has unlocked anyway, and there are 632 of them.

I listen to RuneScape music, my own music, TV shows anything and everything based on what I feel like (to answer user above's question). Yes there are people that actually like RuneScape music, the newer ones are actually pretty good.

I agree that the limit is indeed fairly small, maybe you'd like to make a suggestion on the RuneScape forums.

I manage because I'm one of those crazy patient people that don't really care.. but I can understand what you mean.

Maybe you'd like to find a way to save the RS songs on your computer? I have all songs from about 4 years ago on mine (friend sent them to me, not a clue on how to get them from the game).

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Maybe you'd like to find a way to save the RS songs on your computer? I have all songs from about 4 years ago on mine (friend sent them to me, not a clue on how to get them from the game).

Youtube has tracks. There are packs of music you can download. But since new music is released all the time, you cant really get up-to-date packets of music. However, Runescapesoundtracks account on youtube will upload music pieces if you ask. Then you can download them from youtube to your computer.

nimetnbb.jpg

I dig some of the RS tracks but all in all they are very disappointing. First off the midi-quality is cheesy and is one reason why people don't take the game seriously. Secondly the same tracks repeat again and again in certain areas and it grows extremely old very fast. The absolute worst are the effects when you make a sale on the GE or level up. So horrible.

On a final note I've noticed that the music actually slows the game down significantly. Constantly re-loading new tracks really bogs down the framerate, at least on my PC here at home.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....