Dagannoth Task+Full Slayer helm

JoeDaStudd

Hi,

After a compulsive buy I ended up with full slayer helm (33m, but over 25m has sold or be recouped already so only about 8m for the 2).

Now I've got lucky and gotten a dagannoth task which means DK time.

Now I've got three choices; mage, hybrid or tribrid.

I've maged a lot in the past and I pretty much now the ins and outs only the actual effect of the mask will be the variable there.

Hybriding I've solo hybrided maybe 20 kills in total and it was always me range level which let me down.

Tribriding well I've killed all three maybe 3 or 4 times while solo maging.

I really want to try to tribrid.

Prime is the issue really.

Supreme should be easy with balmung+SGS+slayer helm. Rex is the same CoG+void mace+slayer helm.

My thoughts are;

Full slayer helm

Fury

Black dragon hide <-- worth switching to karils top?

Veracs skirt

Barrows gloves

Infinity boots

Ring of life <-- using this until I get 100% sure on the method

SGS, balmung, rune cbow - diamond (e) bolts, crystal shield and void mace.

2 uni's, 2 brews, 1 pure set, 3 rocktails, scrolls, teletab, runes and the rest super restores.

Anything worth changing?

Its supreme, prime, rex to start then rex -> prime -> supreme there on after right?

PS. Anyone know the way the extra bonus works with range and magic?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The way the extra bonuses work is like the way the Black Mask works for melee. 15% to your range and mage. Its just like the prayers. Now whether its for damage or your level I'm not sure but it seems like they will work well.

What you got seems like it will work well. If you have a Crystal Bow you might want to try that, I'm not to sure on how well it will do but my friend uses his when we go. It also shoots faster the a C'bow so it might help with getting kills faster. I'm sure you know more about DKs then I do, so make sure to be on a low pop world so you don't have to worry about spawns popping up while you're killing one of the other kings.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

mmm I have crystal bow so I might try that.

Well I have over 200 of them to kill so I suppose I could perfect the outfit more.

I'm hoping I can find a 500ish population to reduce the risk (I now have to rock lobsters/dk cc which will hop to bless) and depending on how the bonuses stack up I should be ok. If worst comes to worst I can solo mage or switch hybriding.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Or, for a more HP intensive process, Ignore Prime completely and alternate between Supreme and Rex with Magic Prayer on constantly. Yes, constant Prayer and Range damage might seem bad, but those two are the fastest kills and greatest rewards.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Or, for a more HP intensive process, Ignore Prime completely and alternate between Supreme and Rex with Magic Prayer on constantly. Yes, constant Prayer and Range damage might seem bad, but those two are the fastest kills and greatest rewards.

+ the fact that you can easily tank supreme with a unicorn and decent armour means it's even better to just do that.

I tried a bit of all three methods last night.

The helm helps with prime but its still a very slow kill. Supreme is a fast kill like he always has been with slayer helm.

Rex well after about 10 to 15 hybrid kills I decided to mage rex in a team as prime was taking so long and every single world had a mager in there so tribriding was near impossible.

The helm sucks for mage it really does. Its the same as void magic only due the to low magic defense of rex is maybe 1 less splash per 2 kills but gives you far worse defense stats.

This however could be down to the magic attack difference between the 2 helms, +5 vs - 4.

About 50 down 177 left and about 5.5m of loot so far.

I think I'll wait and see if they adjust the hex effect to actually increase damage like the black mask does or make a noticable effect closer to the focus.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

When I used eagle eye I was doing damage pretty much every hit, but it drained my prayer like crazy.

I might try curses there, but I'm not a massive fan of the lag you get when using them there (each snip attack causes animation lag).

Could easily 2 man them all, but solo is a bit hit and miss.

EDIT: Yes I know my range sucks, I was hoping the focus+range potions would be fast enough.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'd say just use armadyl top, maybe ranger boots if you can afford it, and archers ring. Maybe bring another brew replacing super defence or rocktail, and take out a rocktail for a range pot.

And Sup > Rex > Prime if rex gets on you while killing supreme, then Rex > Prime > Sup

If you can't kill all three quickly enough, you could just alternate between Rex and Prime.

And do that if you take too long on prime, unless you get a drop

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

I decided to just solo mage.

Found a pretty annoying bug with the hex not stacking, but its still faster and better money.

I think I'll range my next set of slayer tasks where I can and aim for 90 range before I try again.

Toast armadyl top gives negative melee stats which isn't the best of things if I want to hybrid or tribrid. If ranger boots where in the 10m or less range I would have them as they seem worthwhile.

It would be very possible to 2 man tribird with full slayer helm, but I don't see it being possible with my low range and the bug with hexcrest effect not working.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]