I have an idea for the new skill.

Themooingcow666

Ok it's...

Space travel (or something along those lines)

want proof?

Ok i don't have MUCH proof, but what i DO have makes a lot of sense

1. it takes you outside the normal map.

2. A "ship" is featured prodominetly (sorry bad spelling) in it (ship is SpaceShip)

3. It will involve new skills up in space

4. it does not start with "b"

5. It COULD be a new game mechanic (mechscape)

6. mechscape was cancelled, and the new skill is a game idea scrapped by jagex

7.entirely new idea? Ya space travel isn't in any game i know of (and what i mean by that is the ENTIRE space travel)

ok there's more but idk at the moment, but i doubt it will be called space travel it will be something else, but it's something about space and space ships!

Edited by Racheya
Changed the title.
Themooingcow.png

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You better be wrong.

Hahaha i honestly don't like the idea that much either, but it makes PERFECT sense, i mean we can already make astral runes and stuff, but to involve RC it would have Soul runes because most people that are religious (i think? idk i'm aetheist) believe heaven is in the sky. So soul crafting is up there. Idk much but i really think this is it

Themooingcow.png

You better be wrong.

Hahaha i honestly don't like the idea that much either, but it makes PERFECT sense, i mean we can already make astral runes and stuff, but to involve RC it would have Soul runes because most people that are religious (i think? idk i'm aetheist) believe heaven is in the sky. So soul crafting is up there. Idk much but i really think this is it

Nah, to be honest with you I really can't see Jagex implementing space travel into runescape. And besides, how would this affect combat? Jagex said the new skill will do so.

Zerker_jane.png

Yep, because Space Travel is such a "resource gathering skill" and fits in with the "Medievil" theme. Next thing you know the toad launcher from MEP1 will start firing rockets shaped like chinchompas that cause a 20x20 radius explosion and makes all players drop party hats and deletes the accounts. because they cant handle the awesomeness."

(Takes a Breath)

Popoto.~<3

You better be wrong.

Nah, to be honest with you I really can't see Jagex implementing space travel into runescape. And besides, how would this affect combat? Jagex said the new skill will do so.

Idk yet, but they said it was a game mechanic that they cancelled and decided to put into runescape instead, mechscape was cancelled recently, and also idk space fighting? haha i have no idea how it would work out XP but it makes sense if it was. Honestly i hope not. i don't know what the new skill COULD be for 100% but it better be good haha

Themooingcow.png

You better be wrong.

Gravity could affect combat a bit

Although I don't see how you could do woodcutting, fishing or firemaking in space =/

I doesn't make sense at all.

1) Runescape is in keeping with traditional medieval-style fantasy which means no space travel.

2) Mechscape was not cancelled. It was taken back to the drawing board as Stellar Dawn

3) Jagex confirmed it was NOT mechscape that was becoming the new skill

4) Jagex confirmed it invovles basically every skill in-game atm. I don't see wood cutting or fishing being of much use drifting about in space

5) Jagex said it would be a cheap skill, using a spacecraft is an expensive buisness

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yep, because Space Travel is such a "resource gathering skill" and fits in with the "Medievil" theme. Next thing you know the toad launcher from MEP1 will start firing rockets shaped like chinchompas that cause a 20x20 radius explosion and makes all players drop party hats and deletes the accounts. because they cant handle the awesomeness."

(Takes a Breath)

well think about it for a second, Summoning has NOTHING to do with medieval, and you COULD gather resources from it like going to space to get a certain resource or something? i honestly have no idea. And also cannons weren't in the medieval period.

Themooingcow.png

You better be wrong.

Idk yet, but they said it was a game mechanic that they cancelled and decided to put into runescape instead, mechscape was cancelled recently, and also idk space fighting? haha i have no idea how it would work out XP but it makes sense if it was. Honestly i hope not. i don't know what the new skill COULD be for 100% but it better be good haha

Cancelled doesn't have to mean publicly cancelled. Could be a game that never even reached the public ear.

Zerker_jane.png

1) Runescape is in keeping with traditional medieval-style fantasy which means no space travel.

2) Mechscape was not cancelled. It was taken back to the drawing board as Stellar Dawn

4) Jagex confirmed it invovles basically every skill in-game atm. I don't see wood cutting or fishing being of much use drifting about in space

5) Jagex said it would be a cheap skill, using a spacecraft is an expensive buisness

1. some skills aren't medieval (cannons, summoning)

2. idk

4. Woodcutting? space trees? they have magic trees. Fishing? they have lava fish and rock fish, they can make space fish haha

5. and who said you use a spacecraft? look at the new minigame? it could be a conciousness expansion type thing (meditate and go to "space")

Idk

Themooingcow.png

I've changed the title of the thread so that it's less misleading. You have an idea for the new skill, you don't actually *know* it. We don't want people thinking you actually know and clicking the thread misleadingly. You can change it to something a bit different if you like, but try not to say you conclusively have proof and know the new skill.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

You better be wrong.

Cancelled doesn't have to mean publicly cancelled. Could be a game that never even reached the public ear.

Ya i realized that, but Jagex DOES have a way of messing with us and tricking us. Without them lying and stuff of course, and ok thanks for changing the title sorry i didn't think of that XP

Themooingcow.png

I clicked this thread thinking it would be some ex-Jagex employee leaking the skill. You can always hope, I guess.

Why doesn't anything like that ever happen? I would've actually been able to read it before Tip.it mods deleted it :wall:

Haha because they probably pay the employes (or ex in that case) to not leak it? Idk that's my guess.

Themooingcow.png

Anyway I think the timeline for it is off. Mechscape was only cancelled last year, but the skill has been in creation for at least 2 years if I remember correctly. So unless they drastically changed the skill half way through, which I doubt, to become a concept that was in Mechscape, it wouldn't make sense on that level.

Also space travel in a medieval setting doesn't really seem to work for me.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

I clicked this thread thinking it would be some ex-Jagex employee leaking the skill. You can always hope, I guess.

Why doesn't anything like that ever happen? I would've actually been able to read it before Tip.it mods deleted it :wall:

Haha because they probably pay the employes (or ex in that case) to not leak it? Idk that's my guess.

Yeah I imagine there's some legal documents they sign before they even join the jagex team.

I wonder if the new skill will affect combat level? Since Jagex didn't let extremes into pvp due to no cb lvls and Jagex said the new skill will be involved in pvp.

Zerker_jane.png

Anyway I think the timeline for it is off. Mechscape was only cancelled last year, but the skill has been in creation for at least 2 years if I remember correctly. So unless they drastically changed the skill half way through, which I doubt, to become a concept that was in Mechscape, it wouldn't make sense on that level.

Also space travel in a medieval setting doesn't really seem to work for me.

Yeah i know, i honestly don't like the idea of it, but from talking to a couple people and thinking about it and looking at the hints it DOES make sense. well to me at least XP

Themooingcow.png

Yeah I imagine there's some legal documents they sign before they even join the jagex team.

I wonder if the new skill will affect combat level? Since Jagex didn't let extremes into pvp due to no cb lvls and Jagex said the new skill will be involved in pvp.

They already said it won't directly affect combat level sadly :( it's kind of weird how it stops at 136 though a completely random number lol

Themooingcow.png

They already said it won't directly affect combat level sadly :( it's kind of weird how it stops at 136 though a completely random number lol

Stops at 138 and so I guess that can only mean new weapons/armour?

Zerker_jane.png

Oh my bad haha, but my friend was talking about adding mage and range into the CB levels as equal as HP,att,def,str and make it 200 or something like that? Idk if that's true but that would be some way to make Mage and Range equal (combat triangle equal)

Themooingcow.png

2. idk

4. Woodcutting? space trees? they have magic trees. Fishing? they have lava fish and rock fish, they can make space fish haha

5. and who said you use a spacecraft? look at the new minigame? it could be a conciousness expansion type thing (meditate and go to "space")

Idk

1. Traditional Medieval Style Fantasy includes steam powered mechanics in a medieval style setting and a whole array of magic. Summoning is a form of magic.

4. Despite being a fantasy they do keep some realism. Eg trees need land and air to grow, fish live in liquids etc.

5. The fact , as you said, is jagex confirmed they'd be a ship invovled but it wuld not be sailing or anything of tht kind. Therefore you're idea would have to include a spacecraft, which totally breaks the game style

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

2. idk

Idk

1. Traditional Medieval Style Fantasy includes steam powered mechanics in a medieval style setting and a whole array of magic. Summoning is a form of magic.

4. Despite being a fantasy they do keep some realism. Eg trees need land and air to grow, fish live in liquids etc.

5. The fact , as you said, is jagex confirmed they'd be a ship invovled but it wuld not be sailing or anything of tht kind. Therefore you're idea would have to include a spacecraft, which totally breaks the game style

Ya maybe, idk it was a suggestion and honestly the ONLY thing that would make sense to me. and the thing that sucks is the way i'm typing it is NOTHING like how i want to describe it lol it's hard to describe so maybe that's the problem. But what your saying does make sense too.

Themooingcow.png

Oh my bad haha, but my friend was talking about adding mage and range into the CB levels as equal as HP,att,def,str and make it 200 or something like that? Idk if that's true but that would be some way to make Mage and Range equal (combat triangle equal)

That's almost how it worked in classic, with magic being like prayer. I can't see any reason why they'd go back to an old combat system.

Zerker_jane.png