Dust Devils

dutchphoenix

Hi,

I want to get 99 def so I decided to tank at Dust Devils.

I just want to know what equipment to use and wich inventory.

If someone could post some pictures, that would be great!

Stats:

71 atk

80 str

84 def

81 hp

70 pray

This good enough?

Thanks

~

I wouldn't recommend camping there for 99 defence, they are decent exp, charms, and profit but AZ's are better by a long shot. But, if you must, I would just bring the best (Non-degrading, if you want to camp there for the more than 15+ hours you'll be there) melee armor that you have, lots of nats and either a mud staff or B2P tabs to make peaches with bones; with enough B2P casts you can stay there for months. I would recommend you bank every once in a while though, because they have decent herb drops, and if you do you can wear barrows since you'll be out and about to repair it. If I get some as a task soon I might post a pic, but I cba to take 1 now :P .

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I camped at dustys when summoning first came out for charms and the slim possibility of getting a d chain. Anyways its really not that tough to camp down there: heres a rough setup for you.

Head: Slayer helmet > facemask

Torso: Bandos Chestplate > Torso > Dragon Plate > Dragon Chain

Legs: Bandos Tassets > Dragon Platelegs > Rune platelegs

Shield: Rune Defender > Dragonfire Shield (bit of an overkill) > obsidian shield

Amulet: Fury > Glory > Strength

Ring: Berserker > Warrior > Wealth

Gloves: Best RfD

Inventory: 1-2k natures, mud staff, lava/fire staff, chisel (for the gems), teleport, and the rest in food.

Your main means of healing is going to be bones to peaches, so your going to either need to unlock the spell or buy/make a ton of tabs. I recommend unlocking it to save a bit of money, but it does take awhile. While I was down there I would start off killing them normally and as I ate I would pick up the bones. Once you get a full inventory of bones cast the spell and repeat. also cut the gems for the small bit of crafting XP as it does add up after awhile.

Good luck With your trip to 99 \:D/

7049be8d11.png

archsupportei2.png

Proudly achieved 99 fletching before the 'string x' option

Proudly achieved 99 firemaking before the Grand Exchange was introduced

Call me crazy but I alched all the way to 99 magic

I camped at dustys when summoning first came out for charms and the slim possibility of getting a d chain. Anyways its really not that tough to camp down there: heres a rough setup for you.

Head: Slayer helmet > facemask

Torso: Bandos Chestplate > Torso > Dragon Plate > Dragon Chain

Legs: Bandos Tassets > Dragon Platelegs > Rune platelegs

Shield: Rune Defender > Dragonfire Shield (bit of an overkill) > obsidian shield

Amulet: Fury > Glory > Strength

Ring: Berserker > Warrior > Wealth

Gloves: Best RfD

Inventory: 1-2k natures, mud staff, lava/fire staff, chisel (for the gems), teleport, and the rest in food.

Your main means of healing is going to be bones to peaches, so your going to either need to unlock the spell or buy/make a ton of tabs. I recommend unlocking it to save a bit of money, but it does take awhile. While I was down there I would start off killing them normally and as I ate I would pick up the bones. Once you get a full inventory of bones cast the spell and repeat. also cut the gems for the small bit of crafting XP as it does add up after awhile.

Good luck With your trip to 99 \:D/

Not bad advice, but I wouldn't take a fire staff if you're picking up the fire runes they drop (which add up quite a bit. Good luck on your goal.

"All that is gold does not glitter..."

Since it's so close to a bank in the CTS, a familiar for healing is superior over Bones to Peaches or food. Bunyip eliminates need for any food or alternate healing. An elemental titan allows you to get better-than-bunyip healing in terms of potential hp/hr and allows you to enter combat (about 20k xp in either strength, magic, or attack per 200 dusties or so). If you do decide to use Bones to Peaches or food, then bring a combat familiar.

NO NO NO NO NO DONT

MAKE THE MISTAKE LIKE I DID

With your attack & strength, 99 defence will take forever to get. First off, level up attack and strength to AT LEAST 85 each. Dont make the mistake I did. With only 91 attack and 85 strength now im struggling to catch up & restore balance (once i get 99 crafting ;))

And besides, I dont think dusties are the best place to camp anyways. You much better off bringing guthan + bunyip + normal fighting armour to armored zombies and tanking the hell out of them with a salve(e)

Screenshot2011-08-18at14818PM-1.png