Best thing to do with my time during Bonus Exp Weekend??

ultimatballr

Well if you haven't already read the developers blog at the bottom of the mainpage, there will be a "bonus experience weekend" starting up Friday the 12th of March and ending that Monday the 15th, times are to be determined. During this time you will be given an exp bonus of 2.7 times the normal rate, however the multiplier decreases over time and eventually, after 10 hours of play, you end up with the minimum multiplier of 1.1 times.

Check out the blog yourself to get a better understanding and more detail, link located below.

Dev Blog Link HERE!

[Hide=Bonus Exp Multiplier over time]

Hour = Multiplier

1 = 2.54

2 = 2.23

3 = 1.97

4 = 1.74

5 = 1.54

6 = 1.38

7 = 1.26

8 = 1.17

9 = 1.11

10 = 1.10

Formula Link HERE!

[/hide]

So with that being said, I was curious as to what my time for that weekend would be best spent doing.

I will only choose out of 3 things, but was curious to hear opinions on what would be best. Personally, I was planning on getting some agility done, but I have been mining pretty exclusively with my time spent on RS in recent months and my goal is 99.

So out of the following 3 skills, which do you think my time would be best spent doing??

• Agility- Ape Atoll Course
  • Mining- Gold Deposits
  • Smithing- Smelting Gold (that I mine)

Eventually I will need all 3 to be 99, hopefully before the end of the year. To put it in perspective, I want 99 mining, smithing and agility for my party. With smithing I will need about 44k MORE ores than I will mine going for 99, so I will have to do another skill to buy the last 44k ores, which will probably end up being hunting or rc'in.

I was curious which skill do YOU think would I be best spending my time doing?

Just a quick note, after the weekend this occurs is over I will go back to mining. Also, if any of my calculations above are wrong please let me know, but I assume them to be right since it is just plugging numbers into a formula, not really that hard.

Thanks for your time.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

I suggest doing smithing as it is slow and expensive. Smith the best item you can during the you have the bonus. Do somthing fast (platebodies) as smelting takes too long. Might try using SC hammers to multiply XP even more.

Smelt your own ores into bars NOW, (or buy the bars) to be ready for the weekend.

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I suggest doing smithing as it is slow and expensive. Smith the best item you can during the you have the bonus. Do somthing fast (platebodies) as smelting takes too long. Might try using SC hammers to multiply XP even more.

Smelt your own ores into bars NOW, (or buy the bars) to be ready for the weekend.

Items that currently multiply exp such as clay items won't work during the weekend so those are not recommended.

I would say do whichever you like doing the least.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

If you have a lot of money.. train mining, agility, runecraft, or some other slow skill.

If you're on a budget.. train prayer, herblore, summoning, or another expensive skill.

Personally I hate wasting time, so I'll be training agility & runecraft ;]

EDIT: Forgot that the bonus exp won't work on prayer.

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Well, since you want to smith and mine, knock out two birds with one stone: get a ton of nature runes and superheat gold while you mine. That seems like the best idea given your current goals, assuming that you won't change your mind from those three. Just make sure that you have goldsmithing gauntlets and go wild. Superheating doesn't slow down your mining, so you can get the boost in mining and smithing at the same time, along with some magic xp.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Don't train prayer - you only get bonus xp for burying bones, not offering.

how you know?

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

I read the source.

Personally I plan to do farming over the weekend. I'm gonna be on spring break then, so I won't play much anyway. Log on for 10 minutes, do a tree run with 2.7x xp, log out. Come back 24 hours later and do it again.