Darklight

Sharks and tuna potatoes

ammo

2#

Super restores

Sara brews

Draklight

ammo

I have tried five times. I only died the first time, the others i just logged. The two first tries i used setup 2#. I really don't like it. I need to heal faster than brews, and i don't have time to waste drinking restores, since he seems to hit faster than i can heal. First time i died in 10 seconds and.. yeah, can't blame anything. Second time i was out of brews and he still had 90%+ Hp left.

The other times are all the same. I fight, eat and hit 0's. The furthest i got his health down was around 75% with ruby(e). I need four times the food i have now, or i need ridiculous boost in accuracy. I pot up with range and def before i go.

Nomad hits constant 10+ no matter what prayer i use. I usually just leave mage on, since switching doesn't seem to do anything. I tried leeching, but that failed hard.

First off a bit of encouragement ;)

I did this with Att/Str/Def at 80/85/80, Mage at 83, Prayer at 70 and Range at 75 (Got 76 at Nomad before I beat him -_- )

My setup was:

Archer Helm

Fury

Accumulator (like my 10th one lol)

D Boots

Barrow Gloves

Karil Top

Black Dhide Bottom

Zammy Book

Archer Ring

This will protect the Karil top if you die so you dont have to keep repairing it.

Ammo/Weap of course were the C'bow and the Ruby/Diamond bolts.

Note I did not take any spec weapon. IMO the ruby bolts took care of that.

My inventory consisted of:

6 NORMAL Restores

3 Super Restores

1 Prayer pot

The rest were Sara Brews

My TORT was full of Saras.

You really need the tortoise. The extra 6 Saras will most likely save your life. Now I did Nomad roughly about 15 times. Though the first 5 werent really "tries" per say...more like test runs. And attempts 11-14 were total fails right at the start >_< So in reality, I took about 6 "proper" attempts ^_^

Now the most important bits. (I assume you've read/seen a fair amount of guides and have a good sense of what Im talking about. If not, let me know).

---Tips During Round 1---

*In all except my last attempt, I did the hide behind the pillar for everything trick, which worked pretty well. I managed to get him into Berserker mode 4 times doing this. However, in the final try, I had pretty much got tired of hiding (so macho right? :P ) and ONLY hid during the 75 damage attack.*

*BEFORE entering the tent - I used a Sara brew dose, restored stats and then drank a range pot - helps a bit at the start.

*Obviously never stay within Melee range off him at the start.

*The most important thing to do during the fight is to drink Sara/Restores properly (well actually the most important thing is too stay calm - I recommend chewing gum :thumbsup: ) I know you hear this a lot and trust me, I read that a lot too, but its true. This was the first time Ive ever properly used Brews so it took me a while to get the hang of it and to not panic and drink a ton before restoring. Just keep it consistent - every BREW (not 3 doses), drink a NORMAL restore. NORMAL restores work just fine and are helluva lot cheaper. And trust me, Brews will be enough. It may not seem like it right now, but it worked.

*If say you HAVE to (Ie: below 40hp) drink more than 4 doses, go ahead - but dont waste 2 restore doses. Just drink one and wait till you finish off the other brew before restoring again.

*As for prayers, protection prayers dont seem to do much at all during the first round. I only kept Eagle Eye on. Hence the usage of the Prayer pot.

*Keep Auto Retaliate OFF! It may safe your life during the Mines/75 Attack combo. I died twice because my avatar ran back around the pillar to attack Nomad...straight into a mine + the spec -_-

**When you need to drop empty vials, do it while hes charging his Max - 1 attack - after brewing up up of course.

---The Fight---

*As soon as you start, step a couple of steps back to get out of Melee range and use the Ruby bolts. Obviously heal/restore as needed.

*Ignore the first drop of mines, just keep attacking him. When the second drop comes, wait about 2 seconds, then run South to get out of the minefield - in preparation for the 75 Attack and resume attacking. When you see him begin to charge the attack, run behind a pillar (I used the 3rd one down from the North East) . Wait here till the attack is blocked and resume attacking.

*Now when the clones appear, take note of the last one to tele in. Its subtle, but not a subtle enough difference - you can spot him easily. If you do miss it though, the last one to attack will be the real one, so hit him.

****If you heal during the clone war, do not restore your stats. Keep track of how many doses you used, but do not use the restore. You won't have enough time before the "heal over max hp" bit and your restore will go to waste.

**When you do get to this attack, switch to Diamond bolts and brew up and restore accordingly and keep attacking him away. Now, I dont know how useful this was, but as soon as the attack happened, I took ONE dose, switched to Ruby, attacked, took another dose, attacked, then finished off the brew. The little attacks in between doses may help - remember you have a few seconds before Nomad resumes attacking.

*Keep at it till Berserker mode.

---Berserker Mode---

***STAY CALM!

*I switched on Melee Protect at this point and this is where the SUPER restores come in, since you will need to restore both stats and prayer at the same time.

*Now I tried the straight up, stand and fight method twice and failed epicly both times. So I tried the Hit and Run method which worked epicly. So I recommend this.

***RUN to a pillar as soon as he enters this mode and have him trapped as you normally would if you use the hide behind pillar method.

*Now the most important bit here is not to panic when he shouts Face Me! You have at least 2 seconds after he says this to move back into Melee range. So do not panic, make sure your HP is above 35 at the least.

***The "Hitting" - so you head straight to the pillar and hes blocked and shouts Face Me. You should be within two steps of him, so click onto the step infront of him and as soon as you see your avatar move, click back to your original position. IF YOU DO NOT SEE NOMAD ATTACK, RUN BACK IMMEDIATELY. As soon as you get back to your position, attack him with Diamond bolts.

*If you do not see your Tort attacking him, use a "turn" (when you get back to position) to select the Summoning attack option on Nomad - it helps more than you'd think.

***The "Running" - this is for healing. Keep doing the move to Melee and run back. Keep your Health AT LEAST at 35, preferably at 40. DO NOT try and attack him as well if you need to heal, you simply dont have time to do both. If you need to heal a lot, do not forget to keep moving into his attack range when he shouts Face Me - just remember you do have at least 2 seconds though.

-----

Thats about all I can think of right now. This quest rightfully deserves the title of the hardest quest, so dont feel discouraged if you die. I died at least 15 times ^_^ All it takes is some experience. I did not know how to use the brew/restore system effectively and thus died more than I probably should have, but as I got used to it and got used to Nomad, it went fine. I actually had 6 full Brews and 2 Normal Rests and 2 dose Super remaining :D

So keep at it, you can do it! Oh and do not try any more than 5-10 attempts in one day. YOU NEED A BREAK. It will help. ;-)

ArchangelSignature.jpg

First off a bit of encouragement ;)

I did this with Att/Str/Def at 80/85/80, Mage at 83, Prayer at 70 and Range at 75 (Got 76 at Nomad before I beat him -_- )

My setup was:

Archer Helm

Fury

Accumulator (like my 10th one lol)

D Boots

Barrow Gloves

Karil Top

Black Dhide Bottom

Zammy Book

Archer Ring

This will protect the Karil top if you die so you dont have to keep repairing it.

Ammo/Weap of course were the C'bow and the Ruby/Diamond bolts.

Note I did not take any spec weapon. IMO the ruby bolts took care of that.

My inventory consisted of:

6 NORMAL Restores

3 Super Restores

1 Prayer pot

The rest were Sara Brews

My TORT was full of Saras.

You really need the tortoise. The extra 6 Saras will most likely save your life. Now I did Nomad roughly about 15 times. Though the first 5 werent really "tries" per say...more like test runs. And attempts 11-14 were total fails right at the start >_< So in reality, I took about 6 "proper" attempts ^_^

Now the most important bits. (I assume you've read/seen a fair amount of guides and have a good sense of what Im talking about. If not, let me know).

---Tips During Round 1---

*In all except my last attempt, I did the hide behind the pillar for everything trick, which worked pretty well. I managed to get him into Berserker mode 4 times doing this. However, in the final try, I had pretty much got tired of hiding (so macho right? :P ) and ONLY hid during the 75 damage attack.*

*BEFORE entering the tent - I used a Sara brew dose, restored stats and then drank a range pot - helps a bit at the start.

*Obviously never stay within Melee range off him at the start.

*The most important thing to do during the fight is to drink Sara/Restores properly (well actually the most important thing is too stay calm - I recommend chewing gum :thumbsup: ) I know you hear this a lot and trust me, I read that a lot too, but its true. This was the first time Ive ever properly used Brews so it took me a while to get the hang of it and to not panic and drink a ton before restoring. Just keep it consistent - every BREW (not 3 doses), drink a NORMAL restore. NORMAL restores work just fine and are helluva lot cheaper. And trust me, Brews will be enough. It may not seem like it right now, but it worked.

*If say you HAVE to (Ie: below 40hp) drink more than 4 doses, go ahead - but dont waste 2 restore doses. Just drink one and wait till you finish off the other brew before restoring again.

*As for prayers, protection prayers dont seem to do much at all during the first round. I only kept Eagle Eye on. Hence the usage of the Prayer pot.

*Keep Auto Retaliate OFF! It may safe your life during the Mines/75 Attack combo. I died twice because my avatar ran back around the pillar to attack Nomad...straight into a mine + the spec -_-

**When you need to drop empty vials, do it while hes charging his Max - 1 attack - after brewing up up of course.

---The Fight---

*As soon as you start, step a couple of steps back to get out of Melee range and use the Ruby bolts. Obviously heal/restore as needed.

*Ignore the first drop of mines, just keep attacking him. When the second drop comes, wait about 2 seconds, then run South to get out of the minefield - in preparation for the 75 Attack and resume attacking. When you see him begin to charge the attack, run behind a pillar (I used the 3rd one down from the North East) . Wait here till the attack is blocked and resume attacking.

*Now when the clones appear, take note of the last one to tele in. Its subtle, but not a subtle enough difference - you can spot him easily. If you do miss it though, the last one to attack will be the real one, so hit him.

****If you heal during the clone war, do not restore your stats. Keep track of how many doses you used, but do not use the restore. You won't have enough time before the "heal over max hp" bit and your restore will go to waste.

**When you do get to this attack, switch to Diamond bolts and brew up and restore accordingly and keep attacking him away. Now, I dont know how useful this was, but as soon as the attack happened, I took ONE dose, switched to Ruby, attacked, took another dose, attacked, then finished off the brew. The little attacks in between doses may help - remember you have a few seconds before Nomad resumes attacking.

*Keep at it till Berserker mode.

---Berserker Mode---

***STAY CALM!

*I switched on Melee Protect at this point and this is where the SUPER restores come in, since you will need to restore both stats and prayer at the same time.

*Now I tried the straight up, stand and fight method twice and failed epicly both times. So I tried the Hit and Run method which worked epicly. So I recommend this.

***RUN to a pillar as soon as he enters this mode and have him trapped as you normally would if you use the hide behind pillar method.

*Now the most important bit here is not to panic when he shouts Face Me! You have at least 2 seconds after he says this to move back into Melee range. So do not panic, make sure your HP is above 35 at the least.

***The "Hitting" - so you head straight to the pillar and hes blocked and shouts Face Me. You should be within two steps of him, so click onto the step infront of him and as soon as you see your avatar move, click back to your original position. IF YOU DO NOT SEE NOMAD ATTACK, RUN BACK IMMEDIATELY. As soon as you get back to your position, attack him with Diamond bolts.

*If you do not see your Tort attacking him, use a "turn" (when you get back to position) to select the Summoning attack option on Nomad - it helps more than you'd think.

***The "Running" - this is for healing. Keep doing the move to Melee and run back. Keep your Health AT LEAST at 35, preferably at 40. DO NOT try and attack him as well if you need to heal, you simply dont have time to do both. If you need to heal a lot, do not forget to keep moving into his attack range when he shouts Face Me - just remember you do have at least 2 seconds though.

-----

Thats about all I can think of right now. This quest rightfully deserves the title of the hardest quest, so dont feel discouraged if you die. I died at least 15 times ^_^ All it takes is some experience. I did not know how to use the brew/restore system effectively and thus died more than I probably should have, but as I got used to it and got used to Nomad, it went fine. I actually had 6 full Brews and 2 Normal Rests and 2 dose Super remaining :D

So keep at it, you can do it! Oh and do not try any more than 5-10 attempts in one day. YOU NEED A BREAK. It will help. ;-)

I appreciate your thorough and well-thought-out post. Thanks.

Well, i dunno if i'm just unlucky or something, because no matter what, i just don't ever hit him. I have to take brews CONSTANTLY, and i never hit. I don't even get him below 75% before my brews are empty. This is [cabbage]. I do everything right, but i don't see the result.

I beat nomad with very similar stats, but a different setup. Heres what i used:

Head: Neitznot

Necklace: Fury

Cape: Accumulator

Ring: Archer Ring

Boots: Snakeskin Boots

Gloves: Barrows

Shield: Spirit Shield

Body: Black D hide

Legs: Black D hide

Weapon: Rune c'bow

Ammo: 150 Ruby (e), 100 Diamond (e)

Familiar: Terrorbird (I used a terrorbird because of my nooby summoning, but since you can use a tort, use it instead)

Spec weapon: NONE

Diamond Bolts (e)

7 Super restores (or some regulars, but supers makes prayer restore irrelavent)

Sara brews in rest of inventory

You may say, "what about a spec?" Of all the times i tried specing him, whether with a BGS, claws, dds - you name it, ive tried it- i only landed one solid hit. The small chance of a decent hit against him is small, and honestly not worth the space where you could have another brew. Use ruby bolts till he goes berserk. Be sure to utilize the pillar when he launches his 75 damage attack or when he makes duplicates of himself. Just hide out until they all disappear. Once he goes berserk, make sure your familiar is dismissed so that it doesnt get in the way of sidestepping. Go to a pillar, equip your diamond bolts. Here is where you play a game with him. Step forward one step so he can hit you, step back instantly and shoot him twice. Step forward again so he can hit you, then step back and safespot him him twice. Keep doing this to minimize the number of hits he does to you without him saying "Coward!" and teleporting to restore health. Try this setup if you keep failing, even though you may disagree with it. I tried a lot of the other regular setups, but none worked as well as this. I tried probably 10 times using the others. I succeeded my first try doing this. Good luck though :)

BTW: Praying mage is useless. Use eagle eye and 2x hits restore the whole time. When he goes berserk, however, be sure to pray melee the whole time, even though you are sidestepping him.

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

I found that the best prayer in the beginning is sap mage and that the best prayers for the berserker melee attack part is sap warrior and deflect melee. Also, bring melee armor (rune or dragon) for the berserker melee attack part. I never tried hiding from him at that part, but I don't suggest it because it's not really needed.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007