03-Mar-10 Changes to HP Skill, Shattered Heart, RuneScape Lobby/Login Changes, Success at Smelting Iron

Toad

And that would be stupid, asking for a weapon that lets you rape things with much higher combat than you is the same as asking to make the game easier because it is too hard. So unless Jagex releases an update that lets your combat rise to 300, the monsters level 300 should still be somewhat superior.

But,

Tbh at lvl 110 I can solo any monster except corp beast so the game is already easy. Jagex should focus on making a monster that you have to have a team to beat or you will get pwned. (until woox16 decides to solo it :o)

Or make monsters that are a higher level than you extremely powerful :cool:

EDIT: got rid of huge quote boxes

I don't recall asking for weapons that allow you to easily kill monsters. I simply suggested a solution to the problem you had with having any more powerful weapons in pvp. And no, asking for a more powerful weapon is not the same as saying the game is too hard(even though nobody even asked for one, jagex put it in a Q&A after the question that asked if we would ever see a more powerful weapon then the godsword in the game). Whoever it was that was saying he would like a more powerful weapon meant he wanted a weapon that wasn't horrible for training but could still kill higher level monsters within reasonable speed. And, he's not talking about boss monsters he's talking about how most people just power train on lower levels, 80-90, because they know they can't kill a higher level, 130-140, fast enough to be even worth trying to train on.

I really wouldn't want another godsword-like weapon, I'd want a weapon that instead of just power is also semi fast. Right now the whip is obviously the best weapon for training but comparing a whip(just a whip no shield) and a godsword the godsword beats it in power(strength bonus) by a long shot. Right now the whip is what you'd power train on lower level monsters with because you can get better xp using it and the godsword is what you'd typically use(unless you're high enough level to make the whip out match the godsword) to kill higher level monsters. Maybe a weapon that's more of an in between a whip and godsword, more powerful then a whip and faster then a godsword but still not as powerful, in terms of strength bonus, as the godsword. To me that's what I'd consider more "powerful" then a godsword, a fast weapon that's also a higher hitter then a whip oh and one-handed not two-handed. Of course you could see this would cause a problem in pvp because a fast, one handed "godsword" would be devastating against a player which is why I'm suggesting it should just not be allowed in pvp, but it should be allowed in safe pvp(similar to how extreme pots are).

EDIT: I just realized how completely off topic this whole discussion is lol

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that would be stupid, asking for a weapon that lets you rape things with much higher combat than you is the same as asking to make the game easier because it is too hard. So unless Jagex releases an update that lets your combat rise to 300, the monsters level 300 should still be somewhat superior.

But,

Tbh at lvl 110 I can solo any monster except corp beast so the game is already easy. Jagex should focus on making a monster that you have to have a team to beat or you will get pwned. (until woox16 decides to solo it :o)

Or make monsters that are a higher level than you extremely powerful :cool:

EDIT: got rid of huge quote boxes

I don't recall asking for weapons that allow you to easily kill monsters. I simply suggested a solution to the problem you had with having any more powerful weapons in pvp. And no, asking for a more powerful weapon is not the same as saying the game is too hard(even though nobody even asked for one, jagex put it in a Q&A after the question that asked if we would ever see a more powerful weapon then the godsword in the game). Whoever it was that was saying he would like a more powerful weapon meant he wanted a weapon that wasn't horrible for training but could still kill higher level monsters within reasonable speed. And, he's not talking about boss monsters he's talking about how most people just power train on lower levels, 80-90, because they know they can't kill a higher level, 130-140, fast enough to be even worth trying to train on.

I really wouldn't want another godsword-like weapon, I'd want a weapon that instead of just power is also semi fast. Right now the whip is obviously the best weapon for training but comparing a whip(just a whip no shield) and a godsword the godsword beats it in power(strength bonus) by a long shot. Right now the whip is what you'd power train on lower level monsters with because you can get better xp using it and the godsword is what you'd typically use(unless you're high enough level to make the whip out match the godsword) to kill higher level monsters. Maybe a weapon that's more of an in between a whip and godsword, more powerful then a whip and faster then a godsword but still not as powerful, in terms of strength bonus, as the godsword. To me that's what I'd consider more "powerful" then a godsword, a fast weapon that's also a higher hitter then a whip oh and one-handed not two-handed. Of course you could see this would cause a problem in pvp because a fast, one handed "godsword" would be devastating against a player which is why I'm suggesting it should just not be allowed in pvp, but it should be allowed in safe pvp(similar to how extreme pots are).

EDIT: I just realized how completely off topic this whole discussion is lol

Sounds like a crossbow on rapid except a crossbow is weaker than a whip and slower. *imagines class 5 sc daggers in pvp* :shock:

I was about to say this was off topic too lol.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

To keep this on topic

Even though you can train a little bit faster i think this update was pointless tbh, anything that could be done with constitution could have been done with hp.

I like how Liberate puts it

Jagex is only adding pointless updates to attempt to make up for the wilderness removal and all their other [bleep]ed up updates.

This game is just becoming more and more like WoW.

The only thing Jagex cares about is getting more money, this update is only for the noobs. They dont want noobs to hit 0s and 1s all the time and get discouraged, instead they can hit 10s right off tut island.

& what about the new login telling us all the features of being a member and [cabbage].. its just obvious marketing techniques.

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

The only thing Jagex cares about is getting more money, this update is only for the noobs ...

OK seriously, why the [bleep] would they care about anything else ? It's called busyness, get used to it.

The only thing Jagex cares about is getting more money, this update is only for the noobs ...

OK seriously, why the [bleep] would they care about anything else ? It's called busyness, get used to it.

http://[Use Quick Find Code]/l=0/[Please Use QuickFind Code]?13,14,746,60289341

Give that a read over, in more than one case does he talk about financial hits they have taken in order to give their customers the best.

The screen with the members and free version info needed to go through every login regardless of membership is a load of crap, feels like Iddison is back in office. How can Jagex preach about how little they care about money, then shove that down their players throats. I'm extremely dissapointed in this move, it would be one thing to have it for first time logining in, but everytime is to much.

swordwarior.png

Yea Jagex does say that their best interest is making the game awesome not the money.

But ofc Jagex says their updates will be good and the next thing you know you get a useless hp update... Or gates at Varrok exits... :wall:

arcane_stew.png