More summoning

Ezkaton

Right my other topic got to 3 pages long and can be found here Summoning.

So I'm following Joes advice and making a new topic about getting up my summoning this weekend.

Right so we worked out a plan that was like thus:

1. Non stop slayer until middle of next week. This will maximise my charms and stuff. I will devote Wednesday and Thursday next week to DIY summoning 2nds to make sure that any difference I have from the charms stated on the first page is covered.

2. Instead of herblore first to get to about 65 or 70, I will do my tree run, then straight to summoning with no time to lose.

3. 5K+ Barker Toads over the first hours will score me 78/79 Summoning

4. SWITCHING TO 2K+ Granite Lobs when I get to 74 immediately over the 2nd and 3rd hour will score me 82/83/84 summoning or there abouts.

5. 365 Lava Titans over the hours after that will score me 86 summon.

6. Finish off the Barkers and consider what to do next.

Bare in mind that I just ran these calcs through the tip.it summoning planner and it came out with 83/85 summoning by doing all of these things WITHOUT the exp bonus. So I should be well within my goal of 88 summoning.

I wont be using my greens as they are too costly and expensive tbf.

6. If I don't make it to 88 summoning then I'm sure I'll get the loot and charms for the pony within a month seeing as I'm majorly powerslaying.

Ok so I now have 6095 gold charms, 4123 greens, 3183 crims and 456 blues roughly give or take, as I may go back and do a tiny bit more slayer before the weekend...... So Should anything in that plan change at all? Or should I try to max exp by doing golds and some greens now, then mith minos straight away on the weekend then straight into granite crabs and hope and pray?

I don't know..... any more suggestions?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Because Joe da studd came up the some facts that might make my summoning more efficient which is doing all my barkers first then onto the crabs at 74 then onto lava titans if I hit there...... my original plan was to do that as you'll see in the first post of the other topic, but I was told that that could be a waste.......

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

I had a little spare time so I quickly made a few spreadsheets with there different options for you. All of these options use a flat rate of 2,000 pouches/hour and take into consideration a 10 minute tree run prior to starting summoning. These all also neglect green charms until they can be used to make unicorns.

The first option is how you've stated in you're quote, making barker toads and switching to granite lobsters when you can. According to my calculations you'll reach 90 summoning using all your golds, crimsons and blues in the order shown in the following spreadsheet: Option One

Another option is similar to how you mentioned in the last statement, using golds to 74 right now, then using your crimsons right away on granite lobsters, then lava titans and moss titans when you can. I calculated you reaching 91 summoning, as shown in the following spreadsheet: Option Two. This is what I recommend doing, as you should be able to get the most exp this way.

A final option I investigated was to not use any charms prior to the weekend (as in option one), but this time start out with the blue charms on mithril minotaurs, then moving on to granite lobsters, moss titans and barker toads at the end. I determined you'd get 90 summoning with this method, which can be viewed in a little more detail on this spreadsheet: Option Three

Hopefully this helps a little, and goodluck summoning :)

Neltak.png

I had a little spare time so I quickly made a few spreadsheets with there different options for you. All of these options use a flat rate of 2,000 pouches/hour and take into consideration a 10 minute tree run prior to starting summoning. These all also neglect green charms until they can be used to make unicorns.

The first option is how you've stated in you're quote, making barker toads and switching to granite lobsters when you can. According to my calculations you'll reach 90 summoning using all your golds, crimsons and blues in the order shown in the following spreadsheet: Option One

Another option is similar to how you mentioned in the last statement, using golds to 74 right now, then using your crimsons right away on granite lobsters, then lava titans and moss titans when you can. I calculated you reaching 91 summoning, as shown in the following spreadsheet: Option Two. This is what I recommend doing, as you should be able to get the most exp this way.

A final option I investigated was to not use any charms prior to the weekend (as in option one), but this time start out with the blue charms on mithril minotaurs, then moving on to granite lobsters, moss titans and barker toads at the end. I determined you'd get 90 summoning with this method, which can be viewed in a little more detail on this spreadsheet: Option Three

Hopefully this helps a little, and goodluck summoning :)

Wow, thank you so much, that's absolutely brilliant. So I'll go with your 2nd option then of making my toads now then on the weekend doing granite lobs, lavas and then moss titans. Ooooooh or did you mean swamp titan?

Thank you again :D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Why dont you start making fruit bats? More xp than barker toads, and dirt cheap too actually (well, if you got your banans for cheap like me).

I would personally start with greens untill I can do granite lobsters. Than do these untill I can do lava titans. Then lava titans, then finish fruit bats, then do all barker toads. Dont bother making unicorns, the seconsd are way too expensive, just buy em in the GE after teh weekend;

edit: seems like making barkers first, before the weekend is better yeah. But why doesnt anybody here mention your greens?

Why dont you start making fruit bats? More xp than barker toads, and dirt cheap too actually (well, if you got your banans for cheap like me).

I would personally start with greens untill I can do granite lobsters. Than do these untill I can do lava titans. Then lava titans, then finish fruit bats, then do all barker toads. Dont bother making unicorns, the seconsd are way too expensive, just buy em in the GE after teh weekend;

edit: seems like making barkers first, before the weekend is better yeah. But why doesnt anybody here mention your greens?

In my other topic I kinda said I was unsure about using my greens on fruit bats.... Though I probably will use them by the weekend. But..... the shards alone cost 12m for them...... and then I have to try and find a way to get 4123 bananas and there's NO WAY I'm sitting the karamja trying to get them :P

(Btw 70 summoning now..... kyatt just ran out and due to the laggy nature of my lappy I managed to get 1500 pouches in the kyatts time.... so kinda got 15 mins to try and see how many I get an hour)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

In my other topic I kinda said I was unsure about using my greens on fruit bats.... Though I probably will use them by the weekend. But..... the shards alone cost 12m for them...... and then I have to try and find a way to get 4123 bananas and there's NO WAY I'm sitting the karamja trying to get them :P

(Btw 70 summoning now..... kyatt just ran out and due to the laggy nature of my lappy I managed to get 1500 pouches in the kyatts time.... so kinda got 15 mins to try and see how many I get an hour)

Use bones to banana spell, I heard its 8k bananas an hour, so just half an hour for you. Dont forget fruit bats sell very well (or they used to) because of the papaya scroll thingy. (most pouches sell for their 70% shard return cost, fruit bats sell over that so its better to sell them in the GE than to swap em). Scrolls are even more money I think .

Use bones to banana spell, I heard its 8k bananas an hour, so just half an hour for you. Dont forget fruit bats sell very well (or they used to) because of the papaya scroll thingy. (most pouches sell for their 70% shard return cost, fruit bats sell over that so its better to sell them in the GE than to swap em). Scrolls are even more money I think .

Question is, do the bones actually buy in the GE? I don't think I'd have a problem with runes..... or should I try and buy some of the tabs?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Runes, remember it's just one spell for one inventory.

Ok then, so I just need the 4123 bones now xD

I'll go pop an offer in the GE for them, and then I'll keep on doing my barkers.... I'll probably end up using all my charms. I know that barkers only use 11 shards per pouch but if it worth trading back for the shards to use again? I mean..... it's 700K worth of shards roughly I'll get back.

Oh and I'll pop a quick calculation in this space here mostly so I can see the cost of fruit bats and you guys can tell me if it's worth it.

So 4123 fruit bats:

Shards: 130

Cost of shards for 1: 3250

Cost of shards for 4123: 13,399,750

So therefore assuming I spend the hours to do this..... I'll get back:

9,421,055 selling to GE..... OR..... about 11,890,732 from trade in......

Hope I got that right, are there any errors?

And if this is correct it looks like 78 summoning with only about 3m cost on it which seems worth it as I have about that in slayer drops and herbs to sell this week which reminds me D: *runs to ge*

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Neltak's post is bang on.

My suggestion of all the golds first was based on you not getting any more of them.

Which was why I mentioned it would be good to repost with the new totals.

Option 2 sounds like a plan although I would still push fruit bats as they are cheap exp 4gp/exp about 2 days ago.

If you make uni's or fruit bats you can always scroll them to save a little more gp and get a little more exp.

About your issue with timing the runs as soon as you start to do the animation you can click teleport it saves a few seconds. Wear a glory or games necklace incase you forget to switch rings and save them once they get to (1) as over the course of your training you'll save a lot of gp (they sell only slighly under the cost of (8) so its free teleports).

Keep killing bork as its a lot more blues and crimsons which will really add up on the day.

Theres going to be a lot of dumping of pouches on the day so either hold onto them or take a run to the ogre trader every so often as the shards never change in the GE, plus you can always sell them all back.

O and keep an eye out for imps as that area is generally full of magpies and higher so if you spot a dragon or kingly thats a 60k reward for simply PM'ing someone.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Neltak's post is bang on.

My suggestion of all the golds first was based on you not getting any more of them.

Which was why I mentioned it would be good to repost with the new totals.

Option 2 sounds like a plan although I would still push fruit bats as they are cheap exp 4gp/exp about 2 days ago.

If you make uni's or fruit bats you can always scroll them to save a little more gp and get a little more exp.

About your issue with timing the runs as soon as you start to do the animation you can click teleport it saves a few seconds. Wear a glory or games necklace incase you forget to switch rings and save them once they get to (1) as over the course of your training you'll save a lot of gp (they sell only slighly under the cost of (8) so its free teleports).

Keep killing bork as its a lot more blues and crimsons which will really add up on the day.

Theres going to be a lot of dumping of pouches on the day so either hold onto them or take a run to the ogre trader every so often as the shards never change in the GE, plus you can always sell them all back.

O and keep an eye out for imps as that area is generally full of magpies and higher so if you spot a dragon or kingly thats a 60k reward for simply PM'ing someone.

Ok. Brilliant. Would you also say my calculations above are correct at all?

And yes I noticed that I could do that which is how I managed to get my 1500 pouch kyatt...... and I need to remember that next time! And ooooh.... ok then, might as well save them.

And I'll probably head to the ogre and sell them back to the summoning people as their prices can't get cheaper either.

ALSO doing all my fruit bats and barkers now (if I can get bones or bananas off GE) will get me about 78 summoning or something.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Cost in shards = (130*4123)*25 = 13.39975m

Return using shard trader = ((130*4123)*25)*0.7 = 9.379825m

Actual cost of shards 4.019925m

Exp = (121.2*4123)=499 707.6

Exp/gp=8.04455446

Which is actually cheaper then swamp titans at them moment

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_pouches

if you make them into scrolls it drops it down a far bit (3250-(260*10))/122.6=5.36gp/exp

If you add the cost of a banana its about 0.5gp/exp more, but still very good considering people believe greens are expensive to use.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Cost in shards = (130*4123)*25 = 13.39975m

Return using shard trader = ((130*4123)*25)*0.7 = 9.379825m

Actual cost of shards 4.019925m

Exp = (121.2*4123)=499 707.6

Exp/gp=8.04455446

Which is actually cheaper then swamp titans at them moment

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Summoning_pouches

if you make them into scrolls it drops it down a far bit (3250-(260*10))/122.6=5.36gp/exp

If you add the cost of a banana its about 0.5gp/exp more, but still very good considering people believe greens are expensive to use.

Ok that seems fair enough. I'm now 71 summoning on my 2nd kyatt with bones coming through on GE every so often and about 4K or so barkers left to make.

BTW is it at level 79 I'll be able to trade in fruit bats?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Level 73 to trade in fruit bats.

Check the 3rd from last column of the last link I posted.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Level 73 to trade in fruit bats.

Check the 3rd from last column of the last link I posted.

Brilliant. Sorry I didn't look too closely last time..... anyways just got 73 summoning..... Gona log back in soon to get me 74 with my barkers/let my kyatt die (whichever comes first) then onto bones to bananas to get the 4123 bananas for fruit bats...... Will there be any point in me selling back my shards anyways afterwards seeing as I need them for my granite lobs and titans.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

No real reason to sell them back until your 99 summoning or really low on money.

A few mill in shards will last a lot of pouches if you keep trading them back in every time you run out of shards.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I would not make your fruit bats before the xp weekend. All you need is 74 summoning to make those granite lobsters, right? So just do your golds untill you can do granite lobsters. Then on the weekend, start with all your crimsons (granite lobsters), then blues (lava titans), then greens (fruit bats), then any leftover golds. That's what I would do at least.

I would not make your fruit bats before the xp weekend. All you need is 74 summoning to make those granite lobsters, right? So just do your golds untill you can do granite lobsters. Then on the weekend, start with all your crimsons (granite lobsters), then blues (lava titans), then greens (fruit bats), then any leftover golds. That's what I would do at least.

Ah yes :wall: Damn.... It seems that I was all too eager to jump in head first. Ah well, that'll be my plan then

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

One last thing I forgot: If you have leftover crimsons after reaching 83 summoning, keep those and make them right AFTER you did the lava titans. (hopefully you can make swamp titans by then).

Yea I'm aiming to go on the advice of Joe, yourself and Neltak and do swamp titans..... only thing now is to get about 1300 swamp lizards.... I'll probably have to put trades up on RSOF in exchange for herbs or something unless anyone here has some spare?

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png