Spirit Mage task

skylor12344

You can kill the sara ones without prayer pots and you only really need sara and zammy items. Otherwise just were prayer gear with a zammy item and kill the zammy mages.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I used prayer gear only with monkrobes bottoms and zammy cape. Supers and a few prayer potions.

Bunyip is better for them if your killing sara as familiars can make them change targets meaning you'd have to pray.

I did about 100 with 1 super set and 1 prayer potion so you won't really need anything amazing for 200 of them.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

What I wear is

Slayer Helm

Saradomin Stole/Zamorak Stole

Pros Top

Pros Legs

Dragon Boots

Soul Wars cape > Fire Cape > Skillcape

Whip

Barrows RFD Gloves

Rune Defender > Unholy Book

Warrior RIng (personal preference)

With either a Zamorak Hawk or Saradomin Owl following me. Adjust your stole accordingly depending on which one you use. I usually use the Owl with Zamorak Stole. If you have niether pet, a Unholy Book with a Saradomin Stole is good.

If this is your first time doing spirit mages/Sara GWD area, take 1 rope. When you enter the godswars dungeon, head south east, put a rope on the rock, climb down, and start killing the Spirit mages in this area praying mage, untill your prayer runs out. Once it runs out, leave the Saradomin area, and go north and cross the ice bridge to the zamorak area. Restore your prayer, and continue killing The mages here.

Use Super atk/str potions to speed the tasks up. Also try to find a world where there is a team killing Kril'Tsuaroth. Once you get a kill count of 40 in the zamorak area, you can enter the boss room, and if there is a team killing him, you can go in and restore your prayer on the alter when they've cleared the room. Using this along with an SGS spec, I do a task only using 2 prayer restore doses (which where the ones I used when entering the Zamorak area.

Also note there are NO Saradomin monsters in the Zamorak area, so pick up your owl if using one as it is no longer needed.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

What I wear is

Slayer Helm

Saradomin Stole/Zamorak Stole

Pros Top

Pros Legs

Dragon Boots

Soul Wars cape > Fire Cape > Skillcape

Whip

Barrows RFD Gloves

Rune Defender > Unholy Book

Warrior RIng (personal preference)

With either a Zamorak Hawk or Saradomin Owl following me. Adjust your stole accordingly depending on which one you use. I usually use the Owl with Zamorak Stole. If you have niether pet, a Unholy Book with a Saradomin Stole is good.

If this is your first time doing spirit mages/Sara GWD area, take 1 rope. When you enter the godswars dungeon, head south east, put a rope on the rock, climb down, and start killing the Spirit mages in this area praying mage, untill your prayer runs out. Once it runs out, leave the Saradomin area, and go north and cross the ice bridge to the zamorak area. Restore your prayer, and continue killing The mages here.

Use Super atk/str potions to speed the tasks up. Also try to find a world where there is a team killing Kril'Tsuaroth. Once you get a kill count of 40 in the zamorak area, you can enter the boss room, and if there is a team killing him, you can go in and restore your prayer on the alter when they've cleared the room. Using this along with an SGS spec, I do a task only using 2 prayer restore doses (which where the ones I used when entering the Zamorak area.

Also note there are NO Saradomin monsters in the Zamorak area, so pick up your owl if using one as it is no longer needed.

Seems a lot of hassle to me just to save a few pots. I use 3-4 maybe prayer pots a task and I have a killing rate of over 300 an hour. The fact that they drop a good item (dragon boots) makes using some ppots to speed it up very much worth it. I'd doubt if you can kill over 200 an hour with your method.

prayer gear + slayer helm

prayer pots and super str and super att

grab a zamorakian book, or any zammy item for that matter and head up to the zammy mages.

Pray mage

I have prayer 64 and using monks robes and I get throuh a task of 200+ with 8 prayer pots, and i really don't try all that hard. The dragon boot drops pay for your pots easily and zammys are the ones with ridiculously low def.

My sugestion would be go kill zammys if you want effiency, other methods are, well sorry, but they're just cheap.

Purekilljoy.png

Don't use a zammy book or stole....... sheesh, people......

Zammy/sara vestments have just -1 prayer compared to prosy..... and even then it drains mega slow, I mean, in a 218 task I only went through 3 prayer pots praying mage.

Oh and always use a rune defender generally. And instead of the stole use the glory or fury.

Last time I went there I used a SS so sara was covered etc, but next time idk whether I might do that. But anyways kill the zammy mages outside in the normal area if you can't lay down the rope for them. Then once your prayer has run out (if you can't get into encampment) then head to zammy. ONLY when prayer is at 0. Then there is no waste.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

I don't agree... I've always used zammy book when meleeing them. When I do Aviansies I wear zammy vambs but when slaying mages I prefer the zammy book since it also adds some bonusses to attack and covers a zammy item that is at least usefull <_<

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

which do you guys suggest to use as a newbie to mages...Sara encampment or Zammy encampment?

Always do zammy. Sara mages are crowded, have higher defence, and aren't even that easy to kill anymore without taking damage (since they changed the ai of the zammy minions).

yuki2d.png

I don't agree... I've always used zammy book when meleeing them. When I do Aviansies I wear zammy vambs but when slaying mages I prefer the zammy book since it also adds some bonusses to attack and covers a zammy item that is at least usefull <_<

In people's opinions generally it's more useful to have a rune defender. And the mages more than cover the cost of the vestments that can be easily sold back for max if the person wants to.

If you don't want to buy vestments you can use a zammy book for 10 minutes then switch to your rune defender.

o.O Do you want him to die? I don't believe that you can be in the area for 10 mins then take off the item. It makes no sense.

And skylor I'd say only about 2...... 3 at max by the sounds of it.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

If you don't want to buy vestments you can use a zammy book for 10 minutes then switch to your rune defender.

o.O Do you want him to die? I don't believe that you can be in the area for 10 mins then take off the item. It makes no sense.

It works, I accidentally picked up my Hawk once and nothing happened. But i wouldn't really advise it as you can wander off into another area and get attacked by those creatures.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

It works, I accidentally picked up my Hawk once and nothing happened. But i wouldn't really advise it as you can wander off into another area and get attacked by those creatures.

Ah alright then. I believe it...... It seems strange and risky though, so I highly doubt I'll try it. But whatever works I guess.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Seems a lot of hassle to me just to save a few pots. I use 3-4 maybe prayer pots a task and I have a killing rate of over 300 an hour. The fact that they drop a good item (dragon boots) makes using some ppots to speed it up very much worth it. I'd doubt if you can kill over 200 an hour with your method.

The only part that's a hassle is finding a world where they're killing kril, and that's completely optional. I can kill well over 200 an hour.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

Ah alright then. I believe it...... It seems strange and risky though, so I highly doubt I'll try it. But whatever works I guess.

i can safely say the same xD

Ok this is the setup im thinking about using.

Slayer helm

Sara Stole

Ardy Cloak 3

Prossy top

Zamorak bottom

Dragon Boots

Barrows gloves

Whip

Rune defender

Explorers ring or ring of life (im not to keep on the GWD as i've only been there a few times.

Invo:

Falador Shield 3

Enhanced Excalibur

P pots(4) 5-10 maybe?

emergancy food

bunyip pouches(3) is their needed here

summoning pot(3) to restore summoning points for renewing pouches.

This covers the Sara and Zammy area that isnt inside the encampment. However, what should i do about the Avians as their right next to the entrance of the dungeon. Also this setup has +29 pray bonus so how many pots should i take and what changed(if any) need to be made to my invo?

The set up looks good. However make sure they're zammy vestments from the TT to get prayer bonus. If you don't have a pair, I'm pretty sure I can lend them to you.

Take 5 prayers to be safe.

Yips aren't needed if you're praying mage.

Also a tactic is to kill the sara mages in the normal area where they attack stuff...... 2 seconds of hits will get you the kill and drop.

Aviansies aren't a problem, just run north east?? Methinks, towards the zammy bridge, then a bit more east towards the sara area where there is only zammy and sara stuff fighting.

But yea, looks good. But if you wana borrow vestments just pm me on here. I'm not browsing the forums much as i'm re-starting my comp alot to update it however I'll get the emails about the PMs through to my phone etc..

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

if the vestmants ur talking about are the Zamorak Robe legs i have them =]

:thumbup:

You're all set. Good Luck :) You'll find they're not as complex as they seem to act ;)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png