The Pacific (from creators of Band of Brothers)

Faux

did it get better? i kinda stopped at #3 :(

Definitely. I myself liked the third episode, but it's received a lot of hate by a lot of other people. The critics said the first three episodes would be a bit mediocre, but that it really picks up after that, and it really does. They've covered The Battle of Peleliu for two episodes now, and it'll be at least three. That battle had the highest casualty rate of any battle in the pacific war, and it's also where the japenese troops stopped their insane strategy of charging the American marines with baynoettes (they lost a lot of troops that way). So yeah, you should check out the other episodes as well!

2009rb9.jpg

I think it will peak about episode 8 and/or 9 then dip a little bit for episode 10 when Sledge starts his journey home. Yes, Sledge makes it. Part 8 and 9 will be very very powerful episodes, Iwo Jima and Okinawa respectively, two of the biggest battles of the pacific campaign and for the 1stMarDiv.

Its no surprise part 6 of The Pacific was great, Tony To directed it. He did one of the best parts of Band of Brothers too....Part 6: "Bastogne".

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I think it will peak about episode 8 and/or 9 then dip a little bit for episode 10 when Sledge starts his journey home. Yes, Sledge makes it. Part 8 and 9 will be very very powerful episodes, Iwo Jima and Okinawa respectively, two of the biggest battles of the pacific campaign and for the 1stMarDiv.

But only two episodes between the battles :mellow:

yes.png