The Pacific (from creators of Band of Brothers)

Faux

I bought the entire series of Band of Brothers for my father for Christmas. He and I are obsessed with the show.

I hope this is just as good. We'll have to wait for it to be on channels like Spike because we don't have HBO.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Band of brothers was amazing, so I'm sure this will be great as well. Can't wait :mrgreen:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Watched the first episode. Was good, but not as good as the first episode of Band of Brothers. Its already evolving to slow as far as introducing characters go. I have no idea who is who like I get with BoB. Also they were instantly dumped into the action, no build up. Hope it turns out good....but right now Band of Brothers still has the upper hand.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

I liked the first episode. It's hard to compare it to the BoB one, since I've seen that several times. But I think it was good.

I hope that they manage to get the focus down on the main persons a little more though, I think this episode focused a little much on the outside of the company, and on those two japanese soldiers, if you have seen it, you know which ones I mean.

Anyways, I have hopes for the rest of the episodes. I think they can be very interesting.

Scherzo.png

Watched the first episode. Was good, but not as good as the first episode of Band of Brothers. Its already evolving to slow as far as introducing characters go. I have no idea who is who like I get with BoB. Also they were instantly dumped into the action, no build up. Hope it turns out good....but right now Band of Brothers still has the upper hand.

I liked the first episode, it would have been boring if they did it the same way as BoB (training day/character intro for episode one). Give it another episode or two and you'll have most of them down.

yes.png

My grandfather would have probably liked to see this, but he's dead.

Anyway, I would watch this if I had HBO. It looks like a very good show.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Boring? No way. That set the tone for the entire series of BoB. You gotta know who you are watching. You shouldn't read the book if you thought the first BoB episode was boring....the book goes into a lot more detail. I think this will pickup, but i'm not sure how much of a personal relationship they are going to form between us the viewers and the characters. Its supposed to focus on 3 Marines specifically. But even then, according to IMDB, none of the main characters appear in more then 6 of the episodes. We shall see.

I'm excited being a Marine, a lot of the names in this are names out of Marine Corps lore. Like John Basilone and Chesty Puller.

Kriegsig1copy2b.jpg

Same. Mine fought for the US in the pacific, never got to hear the stories though.

Mine had something to do with the US concentration camps built for the Japs. He told war stories, but I'm not sure how much he exaggerated. :P

He died about four years ago.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Anyway, I would watch this if I had HBO. It looks like a very good show.

They put the episode up on HBO's American site for streaming

Boring? No way. That set the tone for the entire series of BoB. You gotta know who you are watching. You shouldn't read the book if you thought the first BoB episode was boring....the book goes into a lot more detail. I think this will pickup, but i'm not sure how much of a personal relationship they are going to form between us the viewers and the characters. Its supposed to focus on 3 Marines specifically. But even then, according to IMDB, none of the main characters appear in more then 6 of the episodes. We shall see.

I'm excited being a Marine, a lot of the names in this are names out of Marine Corps lore. Like John Basilone and Chesty Puller.

BoB/first episode of it wasn't boring, I'm just saying that if it followed the same format then that would be boring. BoB is the best show I've ever watched

yes.png

Same. Mine fought for the US in the pacific, never got to hear the stories though.

Mine had something to do with the US concentration camps built for the Japs. He told war stories, but I'm not sure how much he exaggerated. :P

He died about four years ago.

Mine died when I was 1 or 2. He fought under MacArthur

I called Dish last night to order HBO, since the first ep is re-playing every day I can catch up. I was eligible for 3 free months of HBO and Showtime package...I'm very excited! Already cleared off the DVR for the eps and all the movies I'll be recording :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've really enjoyed it so far. Especially the latest episode since we got to know the characters a bit better.

Also, goddamn Basilone. What a badass.

2009rb9.jpg

Pretty much. War isn't pretty.

I still have to watch this. I liked Band of Brothers so I should like this...and as of late I've been watching a lot of WW2 Pacific documentaries; The Pacific would only be the icing on the cake.

First episode of BoB boring? You nuts? It was funny as hell!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Really liked the recent episode. They really do a good job of portraying the utter chaos and brutality of war (or rather how I'd imagine it being). Also, Chesty [bleep]ing Puller is a badass.

2009rb9.jpg