Should I Sell Claws ???

DemonicSushi

If you're serious about slayer, ditch your claws and save up for a SGS. An EE makes a weaker substitute, but I find the prayer restore of a SGS special a great help when using 10% strength boosting prayer.

Claws would be better than an SGS.

And extremes are better than claws. But the money from claws won't be able to get you there unless you're going to clean herbs. But seeing as you seem to not care for skills I doubt you will want to clean herbs.

Lol cleaning herbs for herblore 85 is like killing chickens for 99 defence :P

Guys you are all WAY off topic. I dont really care about herblore and what not :) sorry if i offended you

Topic title is "Should I sell claws???" ;) We're giving you the options of what's open to you if you do sell them which is linked to your questions and therefore not off topic ;)

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're serious about slayer, ditch your claws and save up for a SGS. An EE makes a weaker substitute, but I find the prayer restore of a SGS special a great help when using 10% strength boosting prayer.

Claws would be better than an SGS.

And extremes are better than claws. But the money from claws won't be able to get you there unless you're going to clean herbs. But seeing as you seem to not care for skills I doubt you will want to clean herbs.

Lol cleaning herbs for herblore 85 is like killing chickens for 99 defence :P

Guys you are all WAY off topic. I dont really care about herblore and what not :) sorry if i offended you

actualy cleaning herbs for 85 herblore is practically the same as fletching broad bolts for 99 fletching. And herblore is going to help you with slayer more then claws or a dfs, and this is on topic.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Topic title is "Should I sell claws???" ;) We're giving you the options of what's open to you if you do sell them which is linked to your questions and therefore not off topic ;)

Yes but the subtitle to the question is a choice given between Dragon Claws and Dfs. I clearly stated i do not want to spend the money on a skill i would not personally use much :)

Rainbow_Dude.png

Yes but the subtitle to the question is a choice given between Dragon Claws and Dfs. I clearly stated i do not want to spend the money on a skill i would not personally use much :)

The extremes and super antis you would make would actually be of use to you therefore you are using the herblore skill as you sip the potions. It's like now with super pots you're using it ;) Indirectly; but the use is still there.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

The extremes and super antis you would make would actually be of use to you therefore you are using the herblore skill as you sip the potions. It's like now with super pots you're using it ;) Indirectly; but the use is still there.

Yes i understand but i am simply not interested in training my Herblore level :)

Rainbow_Dude.png

both of which are a bad decision, you would use extremes on every task if your slaying the right way, you would use it all bosses and over time you could get overloads, if your going to ask for help, and are given a different, better option then the two you gave you should accept it.

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Well

Torstol Herb Clean = 15 XP

Potion made using Torstol = 175 XP

I think there is a pretty damn big difference O_O

You can clean herbs a lot faster than you can make potions.

Okay but there would still be a considerable difference. Say half the exp earned per hour i am guessing?

Anyways i do not want to discuss herblore i am not a great fan of that skill for the moment.

Rainbow_Dude.png

both of which are a bad decision, you would use extremes on every task if your slaying the right way, you would use it all bosses and over time you could get overloads, if your going to ask for help, and are given a different, better option then the two you gave you should accept it.

The option may seem better to you but it is not to my liking

ATTENTION

I will take into consideration your valuable advice and i will spend every GP that i gain on training my herblore. However, i will not sell my Dragon Claws.

Rainbow_Dude.png

Well

Torstol Herb Clean = 15 XP

Potion made using Torstol = 175 XP

I think there is a pretty damn big difference O_O

You can clean herbs a lot faster than you can make potions.

Okay but there would still be a considerable difference. Say half the exp earned per hour i am guessing?

Anyways i do not want to discuss herblore i am not a great fan of that skill for the moment.

then I would spend the money on tassets and get a fighter torso.

DM0Yq2c.png

ATTENTION

I will take into consideration your valuable advice and i will spend every GP that i gain on training my herblore. However, i will not sell my Dragon Claws.

I like the fact that you ask for advice and then ignore all the advice everyone gives you =D>

DM0Yq2c.png

ATTENTION

I like the fact that you ask for advice and then ignore all the advice everyone gives you =D>

Sorry but are you blind? Read the post again.

Rainbow_Dude.png

ATTENTION

Uhmm, I gave you very clear numbers showing that extremes are better damage per hour then claws, you stated that you don't like herblore but now your training herblore anyway and not selling your claws so you'd have enough to get to the things that actually help? I'd say that's basically ignoring our advice. The only reason I would keep claws over extremes is if you solo bandos/zammy or pvp a lot.

DM0Yq2c.png

ATTENTION

Uhmm, I gave you very clear numbers showing that extremes are better damage per hour then claws, you stated that you don't like herblore but now your training herblore anyway and not selling your claws so you'd have enough to get to the things that actually help? I'd say that's basically ignoring our advice. The only reason I would keep claws over extremes is if you solo bandos/zammy or pvp a lot.

i hope you read this post so i can remove it

No, I did not, and dont post anything that you dont want people to read.

DM0Yq2c.png

I was basically telling you to stay out of my business. You can give advice all you want but don't try and force me to act to your liking because I will do whatever the heck i want to do not what you believe is the best for me.

Sorry about this Thanks to all the others for the supportive advice :)

Rainbow_Dude.png

I was basically telling you to stay out of my business. You can give advice all you want but don't try and force me to act to your liking because I will do whatever the heck i want to do not what you believe is the best for me.

:roll: don't ask for advice if your going to ignore everything everyone says.

DM0Yq2c.png

I did not ignore it i read everysingle thing that was posted.

Rainbow_Dude.png

ultimately its your choice, but I showed you evidence that CLEARLY showed that extremes were better, you stated that you do not like herblore, ok you dont like the skill, that's your choice. However now your training herblore but not selling your claws? that just doesn't make any sense.

DM0Yq2c.png

ultimately its your choice, but I showed you evidence that CLEARLY showed that extremes were better, you stated that you do not like herblore, ok you dont like the skill, that's your choice. However now your training herblore but not selling your claws? that just doesn't make any sense.

Okay can you please stop it? You are being immature.

Rainbow_Dude.png

I think you should keep claws, spec is quite useful in many situations, and, seriously, even just for the sake of keeping your favorite item....

I'm not sure if those 33M would get you Extremes, I think they wouldn't, so when you're gonna have a few hundred mills to spend, it'll still be there to do.

To the other guyL He clearly doesn't want to train herblore. You (Or someone else...I don'tcare, tbh), insulted him for having 99 fletching (which is an ok skill, that used to profit. (Heck, my starting money came from there), but then you want him to pwertrain herblore, which he clearly doesn't want to do.

Keep those claws, continue with super set. buy the other stuff when you get the cashpile.

That's the advice I'd give you....

WarBlastoise.png

Did you include in your calculations the time it takes to make the money to buy ingredients, or the time it takes to make the potions to get to the level he needs? If he trains herblore he won't have that 30m anymore..

Did you include in your calculations the time it takes to make the money to buy ingredients, or the time it takes to make the potions to get to the level he needs? If he trains herblore he won't have that 30m anymore..

that's irrelevant if he uses the best method for his income he'll have trained herblore in the most effective way possible. And yes he wont have his 30m..but he'll have 85-88 herblore which is effectively worth the same amount. :ugeek:

I think you should keep claws, spec is quite useful in many situations, and, seriously, even just for the sake of keeping your favorite item....

I'm not sure if those 33M would get you Extremes, I think they wouldn't, so when you're gonna have a few hundred mills to spend, it'll still be there to do.

To the other guyL He clearly doesn't want to train herblore. You (Or someone else...I don'tcare, tbh), insulted him for having 99 fletching (which is an ok skill, that used to profit. (Heck, my starting money came from there), but then you want him to pwertrain herblore, which he clearly doesn't want to do.

Keep those claws, continue with super set. buy the other stuff when you get the cashpile.

That's the advice I'd give you....

If played right yes 33m will get you 88 herblore, and I did not directly attack his 99 fletching, but his "I need to show off" attitude, as I said, fletching is not a very enjoyable skill, and while he may enjoy it, I'm fairly positive that even if he wont admit it, his logic was "I want to look high leveled with a skill cape!" As I posted earlier in this thread, extremes give a larger advantage to slayer then claws. The only situations in which I would say he should keep claws, is if he solos bandos/zammy a lot, or PvPs, as he has not said he does either of these things, its illogical for him to keep them. If he hates the skill of herblore, despite its remarkable similarity to his beloved skill of fletching, he can keep claws, honestly I don't care, however keeping claws and training herblore anyway is ineffective, and makes it seem like he skimmed my earlier post of the effectiveness of both.

DM0Yq2c.png