my # 1 complaint

Darkphive

ok so i like to trade and merchant items but to do this well i have to go to a world such as 1 or 2 where it is made almost impossible by all the chatting and convos and selling and yelling of others! SO i have a request...INTRADE CHAT! that would be so usefull becuase i can never make out what the player is saying fast enough if at all, if im missing a trick to this plz tell me, and idea or suggestions?

heres what I do. Every time someone trades you, put htem on your friends list and put your chat on friends chat. THis has always worked for me, justl ost a few trades because they cant take 5 extra seconds of theri time.

If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving.

If you try to fail, and then succeed, what have you done?

If someone who draws is an artist, and someone who plays piano is a pianist, what do you call someone who races?

heres what I do. Every time someone trades you, put htem on your friends list and put your chat on friends chat. THis has always worked for me, justl ost a few trades because they cant take 5 extra seconds of theri time.

Most people can't be bothered adding traders to friendslist, and there are the few players that have maxed out their friendlist :shock:

Most people can't be bothered adding traders to friendslist, and there are the few players that have maxed out their friendlist :shock:

yeah i no i dont want to put someone on my friend everytime, thye might be just price checking.instead of having all/friends/non chat they should add trade to it thats simple enouhg i think

i had no idea the friends list has a limit lol i have over 100 and its still good!

Isn't it impossible to chat with friends while in trade window?

Or do you mean adding the trader to your friends then turning public chat onto friends then talking like that? Which is possible?

worldmapsig.png

newscape300x50qz7.gif

rssig.png(40 crafting, 40 range)

Also, in some of the marketplaces, they go by too fast too add. I would think it'd be fine if we could just have the option to put one message above our heads that'd stay there for however long we wished, could have a lot of functions as well. So you could wander through Falador Park, looking above people's heads see what they're selling, but I bet something like that would be abused too often, people just going:

"*********************************************************"

You know RS people.

Also, in some of the marketplaces, they go by too fast too add. I would think it'd be fine if we could just have the option to put one message above our heads that'd stay there for however long we wished, could have a lot of functions as well. So you could wander through Falador Park, looking above people's heads see what they're selling, but I bet something like that would be abused too often, people just going:

"*********************************************************"

You know RS people.

yeah and also if everyone says what they want and dont have to retype it imagine what world 1 would be like, it would be impossible to read!

I try to use the add-as-friend-thing too, but like Redizhot said, sometimes it's just going to fast and u really have a hard time trying to find out 'who said what'. Really annoying. Even more annoying still is to try to add the guy.

What I do is make sure I stand in some place I can quickly get out of the crowd from. "Absorb" a list of 'buying, selling blabla', then run to some more quiet place and scroll through the text till u find something interesting. Add and pm ur new beloved friend and voila, merch away.

Woot, woott...teach us uncle kll...

yes but when ur like in falador with all the ppl at the bank, by the time u right clikc there name to add it, other ppl will be making so many messages that u cant see it now and then they might logout by the time u add them.

the best thing to do is go on the forums either here, JAgex's official, or others. And find your trades there before going in the game then meet somewhere fairly secluded that way you can have the peace and quiet and are still able to make a good trade.

intermissiontintdawg7qfedit28b.jpg

Your true character is what you are like when you believe there are no repercussions.

I have an idea for improved marketing but it would take a while for jagex to implement if they decided to. Basically, you have a special building in runescape (probably in varoock) called the market building. When you click on the door it asks you what Kind of stuff you are going to be trading. Example: armor, weapons, logs, mining stuff, ext. once you've selected what it is you want you will be teleported to a special room with other people buying and selling the same type of stuff. this could get rid of the all the other text you recieve selling and buying stuff that your not interested in. Then when someone trades you in the room the message is recieved outside the chat box as if it were split chat. this way you can easily click on it to accept the offering. Then if you accept it the chat box automatically becomes a private chat chat box with the other person trading, so as to discuss prices with the person trading with you without others talking. Once the trade is completed or declined the chat box returns to normal mode. Also, you leave via a door that teleports you back out. All players selling in wrong rooms may be reported and warned by jagex not to do so. This feature would probably be used mostly just on worlds 1 and 2.

just a thought.

Only post valuble items, like dragon, if you're selling useless items in large quantities people are not likely to buy it because they don't have the time to read it before its gone. You should sell things that are more appealing to the eye, you know what I mean!!! :D

yeah that sounds pretty sweet you should make a new forum with it and pics and stuff pretty sure that most people would like it maybe not everybody and you don't have to use the trade place either you can still do it the old fashion way what ever the people you like best and if you need any help i would be glad to help.

You have the right, and people have the right to hate you for it.

Thus, the circle of life is complete.

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.