Help Me Own Life! =D!

helpmeownlife

In a few days, I'd like to make a bunch of lifestyle changes in my own self-improvement program. Now, one of the aspects in my life I'd like to change is my physical being. Right now, I'm 15, 145lb, and 5'10".

My timeline is 9-10 weeks.

Some things I'd like to change, specifically...Obviously, I want to get rid of the fat I have, and turn it all into solid muscle (as much as I can in the time mentioned above). I'd like to run for cardio, and I'd like to transform myself into an excellent runner. Swimming, too, once the summer starts. And finally, a six-pack would be sweet. But of course, who doesn't want one?

I'm willing (and wanting to change everything), except I don't know what to do. There are tons of programs out there that are 9 weeks (Couch to 5K, 50 Pushups) etc., but I'm sure theres trouble if I take a bunch of them and combine them together.

So, what I'm asking for is what I should do with the next 9 to 10 weeks of my life. What I should eat, what I should do, and exercises, on what days, etc.

Thanks in advance for the help.

hmolsig.png

why dont you try doing some thing with your friends

The once was a mexican called pepsi,

Or maybe it's just he had Hep C,

He was a pretty cool bro,

Bros generally are you know,

He hailed from the land of 'taters,

He was known to hate many-a-hater,

He likes a girl named Lacey,

His thoughts about her are kind of racy,

And also his dad likes to [rooster].

im 13 and im 100 pounds 5'5"

and i do lots of stuff with my friends

like basketball, soccer, football, going to the mall,tennis

and the occasional tag hide n go seek and cops and robbers

even though it sounds dumb its actually fun

why dont you try doing some thing with your friends

Uh, that's great, but I'm looking for something more specific. Also, please don't double post.

sry bout that

but everythings seems better a funner and faster with your friends

9-10 weeks won't get you far. IF you truly want to change your lifestyle like you said, why do you have a deadline? Are you going to die in 9-10 weeks? If you're planning on going back to your old fat lifestyle after your deadline then don't bother improving in the first place.

Specifics to get you started: Cut the sugar (no more candy, son) and eat more vegetables. Yes, your parents are right when they say to eat more veggies. Exercise 30 minutes a day, and make sure to work up a sweat. Change the exercises you do so that you don't work the same muscles two days in a row (run one day, situps and pushups the next, alternate, ect.) Eat fruit to give you energy boosts and drink twice the amount of water you're drinking now.

hiccup.png

How are you fat? I was around your weight at that age and was 5'5", and I was pretty skinny. Are you just trying to gain strength by turning fat into muscle?

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

For cardio, I do interval running. It burns fat quicker, and actually improves your muscles better than long distance running, as long distance running, since it's usually a slow pace, actually has been shown to atrophy muscle a tad, since you aren't working it much. If you're unsure of what interval training is, it's basically sprinting, then walking, and repeat.

You'll find a nice size area (you can go straight or in a circle, just make sure you have enough room), sprint for 30 seconds, and then walk for 60 seconds. Sprint for another 30 seconds, and walk for another 60 seconds. Keep repeating this for about 10-15 minutes. We did this quite often when I was in basic training (the days we didn't do our 5-7 mile runs), and it really helps. If you have a weighted vest, you could try to add that later on down the road.

If you want self improvement, I'd work everything. Do the interval running for the cardio and fat loss, do some pushups (and do all sorts of variation pushups for the best results), crunches, pull-ups (build up if you can't do them, place a chair in front of you, place one foot on the back of the chair, and use it as support, don't stand on the chair, just support yourself), and squats for some legs. Make sure you don't work the same muscle group more than one day in a row, your muscles need about 48 hours to heal (depending on the intensity of the workout), so I'd group them. Do one or two muscle groups a day, and then another one or two the next day, and just keep going until you start repeating yourself.

Unlike most muscles, your abdominal recovers quickly, so I'd actually do an ab workout every other day. Drink PLENTY of water, but don't down it, slowly sip it throughout the day if possible, and take a drink here and there during your workouts, but don't overdo it so you don't get cramps during. Listen to your body, if it tells you to stop, then stop. There is a difference between burn and pain, and it's quite distinct once you get used to it. If you need a bit longer of a break, take it, but if you go a few minutes, then your muscles will have cooled down, so it's best not to take too long, if you have to take more than that, you're probably done. QUALITY over QUANTITY. Don't let your ego get to you. If you can do 5 correct pushups, that's better than 15 incorrect pushups. Perfect form will always beat out number of reps.

As for the diet, I'm not even sure of a good diet, as I'm bad at figuring that out, but make sure you get enough proteins and carbs throughout the day. There's a plethora of online resources available to assist with diets and such. Good luck on your venture, and stay safe!

Spr_3r_067.png

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~