ZS or SS?

Beeskers503

So a lot of people told me to get a zs.

The only task i would use it on would be wf's since i dont have super antis for dragons and i don't think 5m is worth only using for 1 task.

Should i just buy a ss since i can use it for wf's and many other things?

SODBee.png

99 Range 9/13/09

99 Defence 5/29/10

99 HP 7/20/10

Bandos would wipe out your little cash stack there.

Definitely not worthwhile.

It'd be nice to know what you do on a regular basis, or plan to do.

If you're a slayer, a zamorakian spear would be a nice choice.

As would spending some money on herblore/prayer

it's pointless to buy one piece of bandos without the other

wait why is that?

Naaxi.png

Bandos would wipe out your little cash stack there.

Definitely not worthwhile.

It'd be nice to know what you do on a regular basis, or plan to do.

If you're a slayer, a zamorakian spear would be a nice choice.

As would spending some money on herblore/prayer

it's pointless to buy one piece of bandos without the other

wait why is that?

It just doesn't look right. You wouldnt use rune platebody and verac skirt. You just use the full set, or varietys (torag legs/dharok top)

Sorry, I just have ocd, and it would look really [bleep]ed up with just one piece.

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

It just doesn't look right. You wouldnt use rune platebody and verac skirt. You just use the full set, or varietys (torag legs/dharok top)

Sorry, I just have ocd, and it would look really [bleep]ed up with just one piece.

oh you do not want to see any of my slayer outfits then <3

Naaxi.png

I use torso and tassets, looks normal in Standard Detail but weird in HD. If I cared how I looked I would have bought some 3rd age long ago though.

Low_C.png

Bandos isn't worth breaking your bank for (but nice to have if you have the extra cash sitting around). And Godswords are worse then Whips in terms of damage and killing speed. (unless you REALLY need the accuracy)

Get a Zamorakian spear so you have a good weapon for Stabbing and crushing tasks, as for armour, if you like to use things like Piety on tasks, get veracs. If not, Torag or Guthans is good armour and a reasonable price. If you're willing to buy it, Fury Amulets are nice to have as their high Stats benifit greatly in the long run.

whatisrush-1.png

Fisher/Woodcut------Me-----Miner/crafter----Stabber----Leecher

^Golvellius must be so proud^

FlowerPower.png

As everyone says - Bandos isn't worth breaking your bank for. Sure it looks good but that's all it does...... It has worse stats than Barrows armour, and the amount of time you'd have to have barrows/repair it will take a hell of a long time until it totals the cost of bandos. So why not go for the cheaper armour that has better stats?

Then again do you have:

ZS? SS?

FSH?

Fury?

V skirt and a barrows platebody?

Cannon?

Stock of Cballs?

Stock of pots (especially prayer)?

Karils?

Stock of the familiars you use?

Once you have all of that then consider going with something like Tassets and Torso if you REALLY, and I stress really, want bandos because it seems to be such a waste. The only thing going for it is str bonus........ But anyways, I'd suggest spending that money on cannoning and pietying all slayer tasks you can. You'll make it back; however it'd be better spent that way than on a piece of armour that will break your bank and take you months to break it again to get the other piece.

Oh and GS's are over rated and too expensive. The only one you should consider using is SGS for healing and AGS for PKing........ However I have heard that ZGS is good for barrows if you do that alot (and it looks AMAZING IMO, I want one so badly xD) and BGS just for some bosses, however why would you want to spend that much money on something when a whip can outstrip it? Keep with slayer though and you'll make the money.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Sum it up like thus and make your own decision:

ZS:

1. WFs.

2. Superantifire + ZS = Epic on dragons so i hear

3. Corp

4. Looks epic

5. Aquanites if you're into that sort of thing?

6. Only 5m

SS

1. WF's

2. 2h whip that trains str

3. Looks good with an epic looking spec

4. Only 9.1m

You're paying 4.1m for something that'll train strength...... ZS if you aren't training strength atm, SS if you are. I currently have 1 of each in the bank and I only whack them out on occasions so I should sell them. But I like the look of them, and they're generally a stable market...... Also no loss for me as when SS crashed to ~7m I got one, and when ZS were 3m first I got one too, so total of 10M that's now about 4-5m Profit on them.

I'd be willing, if you wanted, to lend them out to you for a period of time and you can see what you like. PM me on here when you want them and where to meet and I'll try to make sure I'm online.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

As a slayer and the occasional boss hunting, I'd say zs, because:

1. It's way cheaper than ss

2. ss is only very slightly better for wf's

3. zs has highest stab bonus in the game (yes, pvp has higher, but who uses that for slayer anyways), I should emphasize this, cause for a long time many have ought zs to be only good for some particular stuff (like aquanites), but many slayer assignments involve creatures weak to stab, it rips demons apart for instance

3. good if you like the occasional corp mass =)

I've tested both, and I've sold my ss back again several times, it's a real good weap if you like pest control and str training, and I'm sure it's good for other stuff too. But as an att addict (I totally underrate str tbh) I feel zs has been a very good investment that you shouldn't regret.

Legion.gif

Achieved quest (07/08/2009), woodcutting (28/06/2010), attack (21/07/2010), strength + constitution (07/08/2010), defence (26/09/2010), summoning (13/01/2011), herblore (03/03/2011), cook (31/08/2012), firemaking (01/09/2012), magic (08/09/2012), prayer (16/09/2012) and ranged (29/10/2012) capes.