Herblaw!

sumondskull6

For cleaning herbs, the best way to find out is to do test buys and sells with one herb at a time and seeing what will buy/sell for a profit/small loss. Median prices don't really tell you much.

http://forum.tip.it/topic/254457-grimys-reference-spreadsheets/ -- use the herblore spreadsheet on this page to tell you the best potions to make. As with the herbs, do test buys first to make sure that it'll work.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Thanks to both of you! How does making Harralander tar look? :o

It was VERY good about a week ago, but now it's pretty bad.

Learn mouse keys, and cleaning herbs will be the way to go.

I know what mouse keys are, but I have NO idea how to use them, or well, get them... turned on? (twss) You basically set keys on your keypad to click, so you can move the mouse over the 4 rows and just hit the buttons?

Sumondskull6.png

All you have to do for cleaning herbs is turn them on and use the "5" key to click very fast and move the mouse how you normally would(with an actual mouse) over the herbs.

To turn them on just click the windows icon and start typing "mousekey" in the search bar you should see something about using them just click that and it will open up a window. Click turn on mousekeys and there you go now you can click with the "5" key.

Oh and that's the 5 key on the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard not the one above the letters. If you have a laptop you have to hold down the "fn" key to use them and it's really not worth it if you do.

That's all assuming you're not using a mac btw. Does a mac even have mousekeys?

All you have to do for cleaning herbs is turn them on and use the "5" key to click very fast and move the mouse how you normally would(with an actual mouse) over the herbs.

To turn them on just click the windows icon and start typing "mousekey" in the search bar you should see something about using them just click that and it will open up a window. Click turn on mousekeys and there you go now you can click with the "5" key.

Oh and that's the 5 key on the numeric keypad on the right side of your keyboard not the one above the letters. If you have a laptop you have to hold down the "fn" key to use them and it's really not worth it if you do.

I'm on a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop.

There is no mousekeys when I type it into the "start" menu, and since I'm on a laptop, so where which character should I set to click? (once I find out how to do that, of course. >.<)

Sumondskull6.png

There is no mousekeys when I type it into the "start" menu, and since I'm on a laptop, so where which character should I set to click? (once I find out how to do that, of course. >.<)

I'm pretty sure the default is set to "5" as the clicking key so you would have to hold down "fn" and then click the "i" key to click with them. I'm not sure why it isn't coming up for you, are you using windows 7?

I'm pretty sure the default is set to "5" as the clicking key so you would have to hold down "fn" and then click the "i" key to click with them. I'm not sure why it isn't coming up for you, are you using windows 7?

I just tried to click i really fast while holding fn, it's not easy. No, I'm not using windows 7.

Sumondskull6.png

Ya it's pretty annoying on a laptop that's why I don't use them anymore but you could put something on top of the fn key if you really want to.

I guess I could stick a pencil under the z key, and have it lay on top of fn, to hold it down? :P

But still, how do I get to the mouse keys window?

Sumondskull6.png

Laptops are the best. Click with the left click button under the keyboard and move the mouse. You can do 6-8k an hour this way.

Even better (but most people can't use this) is a touchscreen -- I'm pretty sure that I could manage more than that an hour with my touchscreen (I was managing 7.5k doing it relatively slowly), I just never have enough herbs at a time to test more than 10 minutes or so, which isn't really a representative sample.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

If you turn on num lock on a laptop, it acts as if you are pressing fn (for the numpad keys).

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin