Goodbye Game Manuals

Danqazmlp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember back when PC games came with a full sized box, with a big manual, but also had a min manual in the cd case. I would leaf through those for the games I was excited to play. Sometime the manual was a look into the past, like the Goldeneye 64 manual, which had beta pictures and info through the whole manual. It will be sad to see them go, but if they don't help the player at all, then good riddance.

I love the manuals. Back in the Gamecube, GBA, etc days, I would read the manual through before I even started the game. Now, the manual just basically has the controls and the small print about legal stuff. For MW2 and Battlefield 2, the manual was only a few pages. I remember the Pokemon manuals for example, they were like 50 pages.

The manual for Pokémon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/HeartGold/SoulSilver Version is about 90 pages or so.

But I have a lot of games with pretty decent manuals. I think the shortest manual I have is like 20 or so pages.

I remember back when PC games came with a full sized box, with a big manual, but also had a min manual in the cd case. I would leaf through those for the games I was excited to play. Sometime the manual was a look into the past, like the Goldeneye 64 manual, which had beta pictures and info through the whole manual. It will be sad to see them go, but if they don't help the player at all, then good riddance.

I loved those giant boxes, so fun :D

I remember getting Age of Empires and it had a huge poster with all the tech trees on it, I was amazed (was my first RTS).

Pokemon's, Zelda's and ^Metroid's always had beastly manuals. GTA's ( at least Vice Sity and San aNdreas) were also pretty good.

But the best manual i've ever seen is the one from Earthbound for the SNES. Too bad i lost it during a flood, it had some beastly topics.

I studied Street Fighter's manual like it was my exams period.

Y'know, I've never really look at manuals these days because they're never in the box when I buy them. I get pre-owned games but inside is just a flimsy paper with game advertisements.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢