Dungeoneering - Team vs Solo

Bad911

I've been soloing and I haven't really been in a group team that benefited me at all. The fact that it isn't hard yet still long is really sleep inducing. I was wondering if I got a good team together, would it be worth it?

1. For some of the puzzles and bosses, you need more than one person; so, if they leave, the entire trip is ruined right? For instance, the mime one, the pressure pads wouldn't trigger if there wasn't everyone who joined on their respective pads.

2. What complexity should I use? The moment they see complexity 6, they leave. Made worse by the fact that most of the people can't even get into complexity 6.

3. Assuming the above two weren't such big deterrents, I'll get more exp than if I soloed right? Would my teammates get points for doing nothing?

I've been soloing and I haven't really been in a group team that benefited me at all. The fact that it isn't hard yet still long is really sleep inducing. I was wondering if I got a good team together, would it be worth it?

1. For some of the puzzles and bosses, you need more than one person; so, if they leave, the entire trip is ruined right? For instance, the mime one, the pressure pads wouldn't trigger if there wasn't everyone who joined on their respective pads.

2. What complexity should I use? The moment they see complexity 6, they leave. Made worse by the fact that most of the people can't even get into complexity 6.

3. Assuming the above two weren't such big deterrents, I'll get more exp than if I soloed right? Would my teammates get points for doing nothing?

1. not necessarily, you might get lucky and not run into puzzles that require the entire team.

2. always use complexity 6 unless your rushing for prestige.

most people can get into complexity 6, maybe you're looking for the wrong places.

3. a good team should earn 2-4 times as much as a solo, done perfectly.

if a teammate does nothing, i think they still get the full xp, they just get a bad medal at the end.

just find good teammates, and stick with them

it sounds like you're picking random stragglers from the lobby.

Naaxi.png

Thanks Morionic! I don't exactly know what I'm supposed to look for when I invite people. I don't necessarily need higher leveled people, I usually just need teammates to clear the rooms faster and help with the boss. Its so hard too, they sometimes disconnect or just flat out leave.

Get a group of friends. Personally, I like soloing better, although team probably nets more xp.

Also, all puzzles/bosses should be able to be completed by the amount of people who start the dungeon. For instance if it's just you the Gluttonous Behemoth should only have access to one corpse, but if you have more than that he gets 2 corpses to heal from. So don't let that deter you solo'ing.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Get a group of friends. Personally, I like soloing better, although team probably nets more xp.

I don't have friends.

QFT.

I know the feeling :(

Drops: Black Mask.

Clue rewards: Sara Plate, 2 Robins, Some other random stuff.

I don't have friends.

QFT.

I know the feeling :(

Yeah, you're not alone.

Let's start a club!

Feel free to add me (just like anyone looking for duo partners, for that matter) and maybe we could go on some duos. RSN: Warblastoise

WarBlastoise.png

Correction - The mime puzzle with pressure pads is one per person. If you are soloing from the start, there is one statue to mime.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

The mime puzzle with pressure pads is one per person. If there's one of you, there is one statue to mime.

And if there is two people, then there is two statues. If one person leaves, the statue stays and the game doesn't start by itself. The progress bar shows at the top, but the statues won't display any actions.

I also hear that some people are bringing level 3s along to decrease the difficulty. Not to mention the fact that the skill is partial to lower levels, the level 3s gain higher experience points, don't have to do anything, and contribute more to the dungeon than anything else.

The mime puzzle with pressure pads is one per person. If there's one of you, there is one statue to mime.

I also hear that some people are bringing level 3s along to decrease the difficulty. Not to mention the fact that the skill is partial to lower levels, the level 3s gain higher experience points, don't have to do anything, and contribute more to the dungeon than anything else.

Now that's an interesting thing to know :thumbsup:

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)